• Advertisement

Gratful Dead Hedge 2

peppercorn

Re: Gratful Dead Hedge 2

Postby peppercorn » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:30 am

C5, You caught me in a cranky mood with your post, I had been binging on George Carlin youtube shows, nothing good ever comes from that... I must learn moderation... Im fine now...its out of my system
0 x
a puppet is free, so long as it likes its strings.

cernunnos5

Postby cernunnos5 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:56 pm

That's OK. Mrs C5 is PMSy as well. Maybe your cycles have synced. :o :D

Can you think of some other overrated, self promoting person on this site. That's right. The Warrior of the waistland. The ayatollah of Rock and Rolla. that cantankerous, foul mouthed, self important, hard drinking, rantingest, boastingus, fantastically stupedice prepper of preppers. You got it. the Magnificent, one and only.....C5.... in all his glory. And the crowd goes wild.
0 x
I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

peppercorn

Postby peppercorn » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:53 am

cernunnos5 wrote:

Can you think of some other overrated, self promoting person on this site. That's right. The Warrior of the waistland. The ayatollah of Rock and Rolla. that cantankerous, foul mouthed, self important, hard drinking, rantingest, boastingus, fantastically stupedice prepper of preppers. You got it. the Magnificent, one and only.....C5.... in all his glory. And the crowd goes wild.

Oh no, not even close, I have no problem with that so long as the info you provide can be examined, cross examined , and tested objectively.
I will pm you a private message as to his manipulative shenanigans, just so you can be better aware of them...but time is so short....peppers and tomatos planted, more this weekend. How you have the energy to build that hedge is beyond me.....did you run out of mix? I get more done when out of mix
0 x
a puppet is free, so long as it likes its strings.

cernunnos5

Postby cernunnos5 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:46 am

True story of the day. We are doing this in northern Nova Scotia. Like any farming community in the middle of BF nowhere, its a deeply religious area. Somehow, that is Buddhism. LOL

Soooo. The former director of the local Buddhist community was at our place today to chat with Mrs C5 about the feasibility of a local food hub. (Good luck with that). For context, I have to point out....German Buddhist. I told him to check out my dead hedge when he was leaving.

He rolled buy to where I was working. Appon seeing it, he replied, Oh. This is just like how they do t in Europe.

LOL. I told him about the multiple feedback loops I was learning while doing it. Opening up the area saves the dying trees. Cutting new arias produces future coppice for future wattle...and hand cuttable firewood once chainsaws are done. Once I bring in the pigs, they will deep till the shit out of the place, while getting in last minute protein for pregnant porkers from worms and the like. Once it is ubber tilled buy the pigs, I can yank out the roots from softened dirt of trees I dont want...and they will eventually eat every single apple that hits the ground, keeping any apple worms from being able to hibernate back into the soil, producing longer lasting apples to feed the pigs longer into the winter. Anything they eat will get pooped out into better fertiliser...and they will clear out the undergrowth so we pick fruit easier. More sun gets to the coppice fore faster growth. Better health for the trees because it dissuades woodpeckers feeding on dying trees. Two years from now, I hayseed so the topsoil doesn't wash away and the pigs only visit for apples but not to till. The hedge is a medium for new growing plants to become a living hedge for once I am old or dead.

Buddhist dude was impressed. I wanted to ask him...If I trip in the forest and land on my face cursing a blue streak...but there is no one around to notice...do I make a sound
0 x

cernunnos5

Postby cernunnos5 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:21 pm

Im a bit too beat to write anything charming....But, TA-DA! Today was the first day the pigs could be brought in...while supervised and I continued to add material.

I'll ad an aftershot of a previous photo. Then I will give a shot of the nightmare area that is about to become my new coppice farm once I clear it out
Attachments
release the pigs.JPG
release the pigs.JPG (50.35 KiB) Viewed 357 times
after shot.JPG
after shot.JPG (38.5 KiB) Viewed 357 times
useless land...soon to be copice farm.JPG
useless land...soon to be copice farm.JPG (39.27 KiB) Viewed 357 times
0 x

cernunnos5

Postby cernunnos5 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:25 pm

And here is some size context photos. It more than a month into it but its not like I worked on it every day or even for full days. This is what one man with a chainsaw and a fence hole digger can do. Albeit, a slightly obsessive compulsive person. A person with more time than money. I should add that I am around fifty and a heavy smoker.

We are only at about the half way point. The absolute minimum. Now I have to pack much more bulk into it and add twice as many fence posts...and a gate.

then we can get to planting the live stuff on the edges
Attachments
size context 1.JPG
size context 1.JPG (29.76 KiB) Viewed 354 times
size context 2.JPG
size context 2.JPG (33.2 KiB) Viewed 354 times
size context 3.JPG
size context 3.JPG (27.54 KiB) Viewed 354 times
0 x

Return to “Nova Scotia”