• Advertisement

Bulk food in NS?

Shilo

Bulk food in NS?

Postby Shilo » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:21 pm

Hey guys,

I am very new to prepping, so my apologies if these questions have been answered in previous posts.

First of all, I am searching for where I can locally (or through the internet that does not have huge shipping costs to Canada) purchase bulk foods. Yes, I realize there are a couple Costco locations, as well as the Bulk Barn, but I still feel like these would be expensive solutions to bulk food items. I live in the Halifax area.

I have seen videos of people purchasing longer shelf life foods specifically packaged for SHTF scenarios. Does anyone have any brands that they would recommend or have purchased?

Thanks in advance.
0 x

Learner
Canada

Re: Bulk food in NS?

Postby Learner » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:34 am

Hi and welcome to the forum.

What kind of bulk foods are you looking for? For the FD food through Costco, there is no shipping charges, the same for other places if you have an order over a certain amount. You can also dehydrate and can food yourself.
0 x

eastcoastprepper
Canada

Postby eastcoastprepper » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:32 pm

Hi, I know this is an older thread, but I'm still wondering the same thing.
I looked at Costco previously, but all they have is a bunch of processed food, and they don't have things like beans or lentils by the 20 or even 50lb sack.
I live in Halifax, and I also cannot find a place to buy true bulk foods.
It's all SO expensive now, I don't think it's possible anymore to find cheaper bulk foods anywhere.
Bulk Barn is a TOTAL rip off now, cheaper at superstore actually.
Let me know if anyone knows a place!
0 x

wabsey11

Postby wabsey11 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:18 pm

I've been looking as well and I haven't found a supplier for "survival" food near here. Best case is to purchase online in my opinion in the Halifax area. Best of luck though.
0 x
"Atlantis ceased to wear its prosperity with moderation." -Plato

Return to “Nova Scotia”