• Advertisement

C5 Says "Hi From South America" and a big announcement

cernunnos5

Re: C5 Says "Hi From South America" and a big announcement

Postby cernunnos5 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:14 am

A big thank you on that one. The share button is now up. I will work on the interlinked part another time.

Good News Everybody. Google is slowly catching up as I can now find the first post. I guess it just takes a week or two.

Even more good new. I just got MrsC5 guest post up if you want to meet her.
Running Your Doomstead On Apocalyptic Guinea Pigs. No Shit. Maybe Some Shit.
3 x
I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

farmgal
Canada

Postby farmgal » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:50 pm

Please pass on my warmest regards to MrsC5

Outstanding post! loved the overview, the photos and the personal view of it.

As I can't answer her question on the blog, please pass on that there is a very small movement that folks raise and eat their own little pigs but I am not yet aware that there is a "outside market" for them yet.
1 x
http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

helicopilot
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby helicopilot » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:59 am

Well C5, always loved reading your posts. Sometimes I start reading and, scrolling down, I think to myself "ok, that's a long one, lets get a glass of whiskey and see where he's going today..."

Mrs C5 hit it off the ballpark though! Nice article and the pictures really add to it.

Keep up your good work you 2!
1 x

cernunnos5

Postby cernunnos5 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:01 am

helicopilot wrote:Well C5, always loved reading your posts. Sometimes I start reading and, scrolling down, I think to myself "ok, that's a long one, lets get a glass of whiskey and see where he's going today..."

Mrs C5 hit it off the ballpark though! Nice article and the pictures really add to it.

Keep up your good work you 2!

Well, grab couple of 2 4s to set aside for your next read and have a shot for me. I already have 3 more of the long reads on paper needing to be transcribed and the lighter weigh, heavily pictured ones that go in between.

Its almost better if you think of these as chapters in a book intead of an easy reading blog post.

Let me tell you the minor miracle I pulled off today. I contacted Survival Acres, the author of the 5 part, The Fallacy Of Bugging Out, series and he has given me permission to fully reprint the entire series at DGM SRC. I am going to wait a few months untill I have better readership before revealing that.
There is also a sort of short guest post about the storage times of antibiotics and other medications comming soon.

Hmmmmmm.....Maybe I should go pester Ran Prieur, the auther of The Slow Crash, now.......
1 x

Learner
Canada

Postby Learner » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:28 pm

Enjoying reading your new blog C5. Nice to meet you Mrs. C5, interesting article.
1 x

cernunnos5

Postby cernunnos5 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:35 pm

At this point I think Dark Green Mountain Survival Research Centre is well established. Thank you everyone for your support.

At this point I want to give a special BIG Thank You to Denob for all of your diligence and hard work.

I got a good chuckle at the Big-D swinging down the BAN HAMMER!

Oh, you think I didnt notice that episode? I almost stapped on the gloves and came out of retirement for that fight. LOL.

I was laughing right from the start with Peppercorns, subtle and devious opening chess move, "What battle do you plan to attend?"

Saving Prepping from itself. Speaking of which, everyone, dont get discouraged by the low numbers showing up. We got hit by what I now call "Peak Prepping". I watched this happen for a couple years. Some time in the near future, once I get past my backlog of posts, I plan on doing a post called "Prepping is Dead. Long Live Prepping".

I'll give you folks a teaser. Prepping fell of the senica clif for three reasons. The number 1 reason is because the Demagraphic Bubble bursting, I warned you all about, has begun. This is the new time of the Millenials and they are broke. The Number 2 reason is Fear Saturation. But the Big Big one, the one that sunk the prepper movement...was its success. Doomsday Preppers and its offshoots took prepping out of the secret shadows and put it on TV. And that was the moment it was far less interesting. Exposed into the light, much of it was just plain silly. Ild watched this happen before with the UFO movement. The moment The X Files came on TV and people bought trendy Tshirts with aliens on them....It was done. It had run its cource.

Now dont be discouraged. This is a good thing. We all know the moldering, poisinous chaff that needs to be blown off. The parasitical survivalists that jumped on the prepper bandwagon...were dead weight. I've had some of my own plans come crashing down lately but this is a good thing because it allows me to start again from scratch with the lessons learned. It makes us free.

Prepping will return again after a short pause but when it comes back it will probably look different. The wealthy Boomers are dieing off or at least decending into senility and retirement homes. The Millenials will just have to wait untill they hit their stride. We talk about the collapse. They are living it. There will be alot less prepping by just buying stuff. We called it Prepping. They will just call it Adaptation.

Big Luv, guys and gals. Grow your gardens high and your pantry even higher.
4 x

HopeImReady
Canada

Postby HopeImReady » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:43 am

Retirement? What retirement? haha

Seriously, though, I am really enjoying your blog posts:) ..nothing like being a true outsider to focus one's attention & notice things about a culture, especially when folks are just trying to eke out a living, compared to our relatively pampered lifestyle in North America.

Personally, I don't think prepping ever "left", maybe it just went underground. Yes, it's more in the pop culture spotlight now, but we all know how long that will last & how deep it goes... in the meantime, the underlying rationales for prepping continue to be increasingly validated by science, despite Mr Cheesehead's efforts to the south, relating to climate change, pandemics, even near-Earth asteroids. I found a cool website this morning from NASA JPL: https://cneos.jpl.nasa.gov/sentry/ ..hey did you know there is one asteroid that has a 1 in 630 chance to hit earth?..not so much tin-hat stuff anymore..

Keep up the blogging :)
0 x
HopeImReady
"The thing about smart mother f*ckers, is that they sometimes sound like crazy mother f*ckers to dumb mother f*ckers." -Abraham .”

farmgal
Canada

Postby farmgal » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:48 pm

Planting, plantings, harvesting, drying, canning daily and putting up. putting up.. Butchering, Processing and re-working those skills, slimming down this and that.. repair work is a major focus.. creating and working even more small streams of this and that..

I was thinking of you when we looked at a building that needs to come down and we decided to pull it apart to get "the tin" and more from it in salvage instead of letting someone haul it away..

I thought of you as we cut down Norway Maple, Ash and Popular tree's so that we can replace them with even more fruit producing.. Working, Working.. and so much more work to come :)

One of the things I found very interesting was a comment to made on to me.. I said.. due to last years drought and this years flooding effecting pastures and hay.. I would be harvesting my yearling steer six months sooner then normal..

The comment was " we should plan for these things in advance so we don't have to match these choices" I let it stand but I also did a huff.. They missed the point.. totally missed the point I was making.. Which is that you need to be flexable and move and change as needed. You can't get caught up in "what should happen" so hard that you can't see WHAT IS HAPPENING and react to it.

Been enjoying your rambles...
1 x
http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

wabsey11

Postby wabsey11 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:57 pm

So have I, six months of ramblings already and very entertaining. C5 and Mrs. C5 are a pleasure to have found and read about.
Sounds as if your farm is "having a time",a great time that is with all of that hard work.
0 x
"Atlantis ceased to wear its prosperity with moderation." -Plato

Return to “Nova Scotia”