• Advertisement

Are You in Nova Scotia???

Wayne
Canada

Re: Are You in Nova Scotia???

Postby Wayne » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:20 pm

ThatNovaScotian wrote:Hello everyone. I'm In Eastern Passage. I'm a 33 year old male, Ive been into prepping for quite some time, but have never really practiced what I've been researching.
Kind of want to start now, from starting to building a bug out bag and learning Ham Radio.

That's great. It's always good to hear of people close by. Perhaps we should get together for a coffee at Tim's sometime. :-)
0 x

ThatNovaScotian
Canada

Postby ThatNovaScotian » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:03 am

Wayne wrote:
ThatNovaScotian wrote:Hello everyone. I'm In Eastern Passage. I'm a 33 year old male, Ive been into prepping for quite some time, but have never really practiced what I've been researching.
Kind of want to start now, from starting to building a bug out bag and learning Ham Radio.

That's great. It's always good to hear of people close by. Perhaps we should get together for a coffee at Tim's sometime. :-)

Definitely. More than happy to learn from Preppers with knowledge. I live about a 5 minute walk from the Atlantic Ocean, and with the recent storms we've been getting, I kinda realized I need a fall back plan......Just in case
1 x

ThatNovaScotian
Canada

Postby ThatNovaScotian » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:15 am

Wayne wrote:

I would like that. Wouldn't mind meeting a prepper with experience so I could learn and ask questions. Are you in the Passage as well?
0 x

Wayne
Canada

Postby Wayne » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:56 pm

I'm in Cow Bay, about 5 kilometers outside E.P. I'm not an expert, having only started about two-years ago. It would be good to meet, but my only time seems to be mornings. If this isn't good, perhaps on a Saturday or Sunday morning? Drop me a private message when you want to meet and we can arrange a time.
0 x

wabsey11
Canada

Postby wabsey11 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:07 pm

•• • - ---
0 x
"Atlantis ceased to wear its prosperity with moderation." -Plato "Nihil est quad temeās." There is nothing you should fear

Holistic
Canada

Postby Holistic » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:40 am

It has been a very long time since I checked out this forum, so my apologies for missing the opportunity to respond to the question in a timely fashion.

I also live in Nova Scotia, on the South Shore. Have been living off-grid (only solar panels and a small windmill) for more than 10 years, since moving from Ontario. I have not had much luck meeting other preppers where I live, so I certainly would enjoy the chance to meet and chat with like-minded folks.

Best to all,
Holistic
0 x

Wayne
Canada

Postby Wayne » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:13 pm

Thanks Holistic. There are a couple of us in the Eastern Passage area. It would be good to get together and chat. It sounds like you would have a lot to offer us less experienced folks.

Kind regards,

Wayne
0 x

Holistic
Canada

Postby Holistic » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:16 pm

Just looked at a map and it appears that Eastern Passage is the other side of Halifax from me. I'm about an hour south of Halifax near Mahone Bay and Bridgwater. Perhaps we could all meet in Halifax at some point soon. Not sure that I have that much to offer, but I can certainly speak to living alone with only the basics.
0 x

Wayne
Canada

Postby Wayne » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:09 pm

That's great. A few more and we might even be able to have a larger get together! PM me anytime. I don't get over to "the dark side' :-) very often, but it would be great to meet you!

Kind regards,

Wayne
0 x

Holistic
Canada

Postby Holistic » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:30 pm

Not sure what or how to PM, but yes it would be lovely to chat with a like-minded person. How far are you to Halifax? I rarely go to the city, but I could be convinced.
0 x

Return to “Nova Scotia”