• Advertisement

What do you do?

OTSEastern

What do you do?

Postby OTSEastern » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:47 am

For those people who are around here, here's a question or two:

Why do you prep, and how do you go about it? Everyone has different reasons, and methods for what they do, but it is usefull as a learning tool to compare with others.

I believe in a be prepared for anything always mind set. I don't have extremely extensive preps at the moment because my life is in a bit of flux and I dont feel it prudent to invest in staying where I am if it is not realistic. What I DO have is a fully stocked emergency bag/BOB/GO bag ready at all times, as well as emergency equipment in my car. Dependent on the need, I would push to get off Island (extreme case), otherwise I have supplies. That is about the e tent of where I am at right now.

How about everyone else: philosophies, plans, pointers, suggestions... Please post!
0 x

oils4u

Re: What do you do?

Postby oils4u » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:11 am

I plan to get off the Island asap , I am retired , wife has to work till end of this year , Then off to NB . Been preparing for a couple of years . Still learning . Looking for oters in the area to compare notes with . Anyone with 1 st hand knowledge on building ram pumps and rocket heaters . ?/
0 x

OTSEastern

Postby OTSEastern » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:18 am

I honestly couldnt even tell you what those things are...
0 x

HWHarry

Postby HWHarry » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:05 pm

oils4u wrote:I plan to get off the Island asap , I am retired , wife has to work till end of this year , Then off to NB . Been preparing for a couple of years . Still learning . Looking for oters in the area to compare notes with . Anyone with 1 st hand knowledge on building ram pumps and rocket heaters . ?/

If you are mechanically inclined and you watch engineer776's videos on Youtube, I think you could quite easily build one yourself. He has some excellent videos to get you started. Check him out if you havent already. Engineer776 runs a business down south catering to preppers and he shares his extensive knowledge on his Youtube channel.

HWHarry
0 x

OTSEastern

Postby OTSEastern » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:20 pm

It is Engineer 775 is it not? he is affiliated with SouthernPrepper1?
0 x

HWHarry

Postby HWHarry » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:55 pm

OTSEastern wrote:It is Engineer 775 is it not? he is affiliated with SouthernPrepper1?

Yes, I'm sorry, I'm in front of a computer that cant go on Youtube so I was guessing.

His link is here;

www.youtube.com/user/engineer775

I've watched a couple of his ram pump videos where he shows in detail how to build one. Quite easy actually from hardware store parts.

Sorry for the confusion.

HWHarry
0 x

oils4u

Postby oils4u » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:17 am

Thanks for the help on the RAM . In 1972 I purchased some acreage about 15 miles from Sussex , I built a cabin and for some unknow reason I held on to It . I retired at 60 and have been improving the property continualy for the opast 6 years . Eachyear I spend more and more time there, Last year I went the end of april and was there pretty well all the time up until after I planted my garlic near the end OCT. I have been expanding my gardens yearly , a real learning process. Planted Friut trees and bushes , some are coming into prodution now . I found the LDS manuel a great help , it is free to down load 506 pages , the first bit is a preamble about the MORMON beliefs on preparedness , an interesting read . So I am well into food storage for the short term . About to get into the long term storage and to that end I am looking for a Canadian source , the Maaritimes would be better , for MYLAR bags and oxygebn absorbers . Any suggestions . JOHN
0 x

HWHarry

Postby HWHarry » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:21 am

Actually there is a member in here that has an online store that sells mylar bags and O2 absorbers. Your not going to believe this but I think he runs out of Sussex, NB too. I saw a couple of his/her posts in here just a few days ago. Can't remember the user name.

www.basiclifeessentials.com

Sean
0 x

Return to “Prince Edward Island”