• Advertisement

members in Quebec

Moderator: Denob

Protector

Re: members in Quebec

Postby Protector » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:21 pm

Hi, from abitibi, looking to create a mutual aid group with the goal of trading time/ skills/ knowledge. I’ve got a wife, 4 kids, two dogs,chickens, rabbits, garden and farming land. Let’s talk and help each other get projects done just like in the old days when they got together to raise a barn in a day. Now it takes all summer. I have no problem helping you out first to show my good faith. I’m a army brat so I can speak English/ French fluently
0 x

endangeredspecies

Postby endangeredspecies » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:59 pm

dificult to find a group in quebec province
0 x

Adagio
Canada

Postby Adagio » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:16 pm

Welcome Protector. There may be only a few of us but we are here. Unfortunately abitibi is quite far from me.
0 x

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Postby Denob » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:26 pm

Welcome Protector,
as Adagio mentioned, we are few here in Quebec, but our numbers are slowly growing.
By the sounds of it, you are well into your prepping adventure.
We hope to hear from you often.
0 x

Protector

Postby Protector » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:06 am

Thanks guys,

I'll settle for one like minded prepper I within 3 hours of my house. Gets tough when friends see the merits of BOBs when when go hyking or camping but beyond that just don't see the point.

We're in the middle of transporting/ splitting wood for winter and hopefully we'll be 2 yes ahead like my mom was last fall when I got her up to speed.. We processed 7 very small roosters today I was given as they were starting to jump my chantecler chickens and I still want to incabate some more eggs. We did a hugul bed this year and it's working a lot better than cement blocks raised bed. Nice vibrant veggies that aren't in need for water. We're also doing Egyptian (walking onions)onions for the first time and it's very easy to grow, they replant themselves by forming bulbs at the end of the tail bending the tail and the new bulbs hit the ground and form new onions. We built a rabbitry for the rabbits that is 38.5 by 15feet like a big green house with a 8x8x8 insulated cabin on the inside for the mothers/babies in the winter, with fans for aeration. I would make the mothering cabin bigger if I was to do it again. I'm helping out a 63 yr old lady with her fermette she runs by herself. She taught me how to do electric fencing, build buildings using round logs as supporting poles. Dig fence poles with a post digger and not give up.

What are u guys up to?

Later
0 x

Adagio
Canada

Postby Adagio » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:21 pm

Sounds like you are well on you way. Kudos to you. I, on the other hand, live in the city (about 6.5 hours from you) and am no where near as prepared as yourself. I am currently looking for property to set up a more self-sufficient life style, but haven't found it yet. I have only been prepping for a few years so I still have a lot to learn. the good thing is I am learning and becoming more prepared day by day. No one can be completely prepared for everything, but I do sleep better knowing that at least I am better off than the general public.
0 x

sac130

Postby sac130 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:20 am

New member here!

I am a looking for anyone who would like to have a bug out (off grid) retreat build, stocked, full garden, and year around maintained by me in the area of Vermont and Canada boarder. I would build and maintain a retreat for my family and yours. This person would be funding the project and I will build,stock and maintian for the both of us.

sac130 @ mail . com
0 x

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Postby Denob » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:26 pm

Welcome sac130...
Glad to see yet another Quebeker here...and a fellow townshipper...bonus!
0 x

Riverside

Postby Riverside » Sun May 03, 2015 5:52 am

New member here!

From Montreal.

I hope this helps your numbers a bit.

I always say , it's not the quantity though, it's the quality.

Take care folks!
0 x

Adagio
Canada

Postby Adagio » Sun May 03, 2015 2:13 pm

Welcome.
0 x

Return to “Quebec”