• Advertisement

Quebec Long Gun Registry

Moderator: Denob

Adagio
Canada

Quebec Long Gun Registry

Postby Adagio » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:03 am

I am not sure this will be of interest to anyone except Quebec residents.

http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php ... -1.2685110
0 x

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Re: Quebec Long Gun Registry

Postby Denob » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:31 pm

Ya...hum, here we go again.
It wouldn't matter who you voted for in this case as all the provincial parties are on board.
So, 15 to 20 million eh? We'll see about that as we all know how government cost estimates usually end up.
Also, I too fail to see what lives this will save. When the federal registry was in place, we only heard about the database when someone had already gone on a rampage.
In any case, it is free to register your long guns under this plan, and being a responsible citizen (and having aced my safety course) I really don't care THAT much...other than the waste of money.
0 x

Adagio
Canada

Postby Adagio » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:08 pm

I know. It drives me crazy. I for one, can think of a number of other initiatives that could actually benefit from the use of 15 or 20M (plus?). This one? – not so much. Still - the Bill has only been tabled and there are no guarantees it will be passed. We will just have to wait and see.
0 x

Gallowshumour

Postby Gallowshumour » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:10 pm

The stupidity of it all is that without a hardened border (with guards to control movement and inspectors to monitor shipments) all anyone who wants an unregistered firearm need do is drive to a bordering province and buy one. Not having a car shouldn't stop anyone, either, since you can buy a long gun over the Internet and have it shipped right to your door. What they're really just doing is raking $20M into a big pile and setting it on fire.
0 x

Return to “Quebec”