• Advertisement

my bobs

soldier506

my bobs

Postby soldier506 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:32 am

Hi, here is a pic of our bobs. Both are 511 packs. The large one on the left is my 511 rush 72 pack. While the one on right is my wife's rush 24 pack. Both are loaded and ready. Too many goodies in each to list everything off. We have them geared that each pack has all the basics but some of the items are varied to give us more multi roled when we are together.For instance the axe on mine is a self reliance eta while my wife carries a gerber . These packs make great bobs for us with all the storage pouches and compartments. Ideal to keep everything neet and organized.

someday when I have time i will breakdown the contents. sorry about the crappy pic from my phone.
Attachments
our bobs.jpg
our bobs.jpg (87.69 KiB) Viewed 1912 times
0 x

JustABear

Re: my bobs

Postby JustABear » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:24 am

Good job. Looking forward to seeing your loadout list.
0 x

gc_mountainman

Postby gc_mountainman » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:24 am

Soldier,

Looking Good.
Any clothes or shelter items in there?? Bivy bags?? Poncho liners?? Like JustABear, many folks on here would be interested in the contents, especially those just starting out.

Keeping posting. Pics enhance posts. :-)

Mountainman.

PS - Any luck touching base with those in your area??
0 x

soldier506

Postby soldier506 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:21 am

here are contents of my 511 rush 72 pack. Hope i get it all.

lightsticks
gloves
mosquito head net
para cord
u-dig-it folding shovel
snare wire
repair tape
duct tape
foot care kit
sewing kit
rain poncho
emergency poncho
strom proof matches
water purifaction tablets
wire saw
flint and steel
silva ranger compass
large water bottle
intergal tactical(8x10 siltarp 2)
survival blanket
cabelas xpg ultralight tent pegs
shemagh
small metal cup/pot
msr mini works ex water filter
5x freeze dried food packets
eton microlink portable radio
solid fuel stove
fuel tablets
2x tealight candles
no rinse shampoo
camp suds soap
baby wipes
XXl pack towel
small pack towel
no rinse bathing wipes
micro maglite flashlight
ultra light medical kit
muskol bug spray
hand sanitizer
petzl head light
spare batteries
sharpener
hydraytion pack
self reliance eta tomahawk scout
gerber folding knife
delta storm lighter
small gerber folding saw

Hope I did not forget anything. I am sure that i did. lol. As for a sleeping bag I was not happy with my old military sleeping bag . It was heavy, bulky and not the easiest to carry on a pack. So I just ordered the snugpack special forces sleeping bag system along with the bivi . These are extremely compact and lightweight. But also very costly.
As for clothing at the current moment wejust have my clothing/hat with our bags. We stick to kelly hansen /northface products along with surplus. In my pack I would only have room for a spare set of clothing.
0 x

JustABear

Postby JustABear » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:47 pm

A very comprehensive list, thank you. Curious how much this all weighs...?
0 x

soldier506

Postby soldier506 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:33 pm

Hi, here are the contents of my wifes bob. It is the 511 rush 24 pack.

batteries
wire saw
silva compass
wate purifcation tablets
storm proof matches
light sticks
emergancy poncho
rain poncho
survial blanket
XXl pack towel
hand sanitizer
field trauma kit
shemagh
rain poncho
msr mini works ex water filter
4x freeze dried food packages
gerber folding knife
petzl head lamp
flint and steel
small metal cup/pot
cutlry
para cord
solid fuel stove
lg water bottle
hydraytion pouch
gerber axe
lighter
micro flashlight
tea light candle
no rinse shampoo
camp suds soap
wipes
feminine products
bug net
Integral Tactical 8x10 Silnylon Tarp2
cabelas xpg ultralite tent pegs

Will be adding the snugpak special forces sleeping system and bivi once it arrives.
0 x

gc_mountainman

Postby gc_mountainman » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:10 pm

Howdy Soldier,

Thanks for the low down on your packs. Looks good. Once those Snugpak bags and bivy's arrive would you mind posting a review?? Folks who are pleased with their gear should let other know. Those who dislike a piece of gear likewise should let others know.

Your list looks like it covers the basics for sure. In your estimation how long could you and your missus live out of your packs?? Before you need to resupply??

Thank you for your continued input.

Mountainman.
0 x

soldier506

Postby soldier506 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:53 pm

The wife and I went full bore on our bobs this year. We are both survivalists but neither one of us had a true bob. We both done plenty of camping in the past and I just loaded up the backpacks in the past when we went out in the woods. So we desided to invest in our bobs, getting quality along with getting the weight as light as possible. Keep everything packed and ready to go. For a bob, all you need is basics. I know in the winter, we will have to add a seperate bag for winter clothing. We have 10 pacages of mountain house meals between the 2 kits. Each pouch is a double so we get ten meals out of our bobs. So if we limit two meals per day that coms to 5 days worth of food. We do have plenty more food stocked up if we need to add to it.
As for water, we can filter or purify as needed. Unfortuantly, water is very heavy to carry but also a must. Get into the habit of topping off your water at every chance cause you just do not know where the next source may be .

Our shelters is very basic with the ultralight silo tarps. very costly . But also very comact and lightweight which is a must for a pack.Way smaller than our backpacking tent. However a tarp means bugs and wet ground.

One thing we learnt is that each item you take has its own pros and cons to it. You need to have a set up that covers the basics and no luxury items.
It might be a while before I write about the snugpak products. We ordered from the UK to save $$$$ . So shipping will be longer and we have a busy time of year now with harvest.

No luck yet with finding any local prepers . Closest are 2hrs away.
0 x

nighthawk

Postby nighthawk » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:14 pm

Good job Soldier506 team. My wife and I have similar bobs. We added a small zip lock bag of dry lint to ours . Its a awesome fire starter. I also carry a .22 shorty. My pack weighs around 45 pounds depending on the amount of food.thats for about 3 days.
0 x

Gravlore

Postby Gravlore » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:35 pm

I guess I am the only one with a civilian bag. I want to blend in. They are green and black though.
0 x

Return to “Saskatchewan”