• Advertisement

my bobs

soldier506

Re: my bobs

Postby soldier506 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:20 pm

For those that are starting out, my pack 72 bob has aprox. $1800.00 invested in the complete setup. Thats with the new sleeping bag system and bivi along with the axe. Thats just for the one pack. The other pack is smaller and less expensive . Aprox $1200.00 . This gives an idea for a person what to prepaire to spend or budget for when having a bob.

The hand sanitizer is 100% gelled alcohol, perfect for starting fires if needed. The eton radio is solar/wind up and capable of charging ipods or cell phones.

I forgot to mention that we also have those small compact binnoculars in each pack.
0 x

nighthawk

Postby nighthawk » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:27 am

My BOB,Approx 40lbs
Attachments
compressed.jpg
compressed.jpg (27.5 KiB) Viewed 940 times
0 x

gc_mountainman

Postby gc_mountainman » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:43 pm

Nighthawk,

Nice BOB. Is that an Eton/Grundig radio? I might quietly suggest posting the other picture with the bang sticks blacked-out like in a censored document. I just wouldn't want the wrong people thinking they can drop by your place to go shopping when you are not home. Best to have 'em and not show 'em. These are dark times. They look good.

Caution Brother,

Mountainman.
0 x

Gravlore

Postby Gravlore » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:43 pm

Pretty sure his friends know he has guns, we are strangers who do not know his name or where exactly he lives. The government more than likely knows he has guns. I am not sure who you think will go shopping at nighthawks residence?
0 x

gc_mountainman

Postby gc_mountainman » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:25 pm

Gravlore,

There are others who cruise this site as "guests" and they may or may not have honourable intentions with the things they learn or the people they learn about. Some people are in the business of selling information to the highest bidder. I am merely offering a word of caution, for all who post on these Forums. Also, trying to deflect the stereo-type that all of us are gun loving, horders who have a bunker in our backyard.

It was only a suggestion.

Mountainman.
0 x

ICRCC

Postby ICRCC » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:00 am

Excellent advice GC.
0 x

taz weiss jr.

Postby taz weiss jr. » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:09 am

That reminds me its about time to go through my pack again and see if I can tweak it, I always want to be ready for any situation but that usually means I pack heavy. Sometimes you just need some time to step back and ask yourself "do i really need that".
0 x
An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.

Gravlore

Postby Gravlore » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:07 am

Wasn't getting after you GC. I totally get where your coming from. I just wonder how a guest could get an exact address VIA this site. If it is possible I will gladly admit I am wrong and leave for good as I do not want anyone coming directly to my physical door.

Just curious is all. As far as I know a IP looker will only give a digital address. It would be hard to get the physical address of a user since that would be privy to your provider.
0 x

gc_mountainman

Postby gc_mountainman » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:59 pm

Gravlore,

No problem. You are asking good questions. As for obtaining an electronic or physical address from a post, I am not sure, that is outside my area of knowledge. I do know some new digital cameras embed a GPS signature of where a picture was taken, so you can go back there later. Of course, others can do the same if they can get to the properties of the picture file. Again, I do not know if that can be skimmed from the picture once it is posted.

I was just looking at the other side of this. There is a criminal element out there that make shopping lists for others. These folks are in the business of taking from one person to sell to another. If they know what they are looking for and they have a general area to start their search, they start to learn about that person, they find little tidbits, and they build on that. At some point in the future if their network is big enough, a friend of a friend of the nephew of the lady with the cats remembers "that Guy" and where he lives. And then they work on getting stuff from his place.

I was not trying to say you were wrong, I was and am only advising being cautious when posting pics. Nothing more.

Cheers,

Mountainman.
0 x

JustABear

Postby JustABear » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:30 pm

There is a program that allows you to extract GPS data as well as altitude and orientation information from photos online IF that data is included in the properties information attached to the pic. Be advised and make sure any GPS labeling capability of your imaging device is TURNED OFF and/or that you have cleaned the photo file of any information you don't wish to be available.
0 x

Return to “Saskatchewan”