• Advertisement

Alternative home defense.

Phuqd

Re: Alternative home defense.

Postby Phuqd » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:23 pm

I saw the exact same video and converted my slingshot into a sling bow.
It is a lot of fun, and would do awesome for small game, and a little easier to aim and shoot than just ball bearings.
0 x

BelowTheRadar

Postby BelowTheRadar » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:56 pm

Phuqd wrote:I saw the exact same video and converted my slingshot into a sling bow.
It is a lot of fun, and would do awesome for small game, and a little easier to aim and shoot than just ball bearings.

Where did you source your whisker biscuit? That seems to be an old style biscut in the video.
0 x
Than= I’d rather be rich than poor.
Then= I first became hungry then I ate.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.

Phuqd

Postby Phuqd » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:11 pm

I found mine at a local hunting store where I live. I was in there doing my PAL, and saw one in the display rack, so I picked it up.
Since then I have seen them at Bass Pro Shop in Airdrie, Cabelas in Edmonton, and numerous online archery stores.
There hasn't been a place to source them very cheaply, around $30 is the most inexpensive I have found so far.
0 x

ranger2012

Postby ranger2012 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:01 pm

Yeah, the damn things aren't cheap, not like the guy in the video, getting it for $12 at K-mart. And where do you find the square mounts?
0 x
"We 'Prep.' to live after a downfall, Not just to survive."

Siberios

Postby Siberios » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:48 pm

Bear Spray. Will pretty immobilize someone long enough to give you the opportunity to get away or lay into them with the baseball bat. A good whack to the thigh will pretty much slow anyone down.
0 x

KKH

Postby KKH » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:29 pm

******** HOMEMADE PEPPER SPRAY ************* Use in a 'supersoaker' style watergun.

Check out my post
0 x

KKH

Postby KKH » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:09 pm

Gravlore wrote:I am trying to think outside the box on this thread. Leave traditional guns/knives etc out of the conversation unless they can be used in a untraditional manner.
Lets think security on a budget and with some imagination since it is in everyones best interest to have some form of security.

I am putting out an idea for those who are strapped for cash and do not have a large dog or animal. My idea is getting an MP3 of some large breed dog barking and if someone knocks on the door you just crank the stereo near the door and have the thing go until the person leaves your door. If the person wants in bad enough they will be looking down and you can take advantage of this by attacking high from around a corner or behind the door.

Perception is reality.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!

This is geared towards people on a budget who may not have firearms or cutting type weapons.....

******** HOMEMADE PEPPER SPRAY ************* Use in a 'supersoaker' style watergun.

Directions:
- 2 cups of dry cayanne
- 2 liters of water
- 2 cups of safflower oil (or another thin carrier oil ..grape-seed, almond..)

Bring all to a boil and simmer for 45mins on low ...stir occasionally so that cayenne stays in contact with oil and water and doesn't cake on the side of the pot.

Pour through a cheesecloth into another container.

While still warm pour in the STIRRED oil/water mix into the water-gun reservoir

When you let it cool the water/oil will separate but that ok because with a quick shake the oil/water will become homogenous for the most part and will shoot easily through the nozzle of a high pressure water-gun like a 'supersoaker'

***DISCLAIMER*** Do not use unless you are in a life and death SHTF type situation and do not test on people because this will cause burning to mucus membrane cells which could be permanent.
***PROOF OF CONCEPT**** If you want to test how this works without having the danger of cayenne you can try this using regular paprika (avoid spicy and smoked). This will allow you to test the process of making the liquid as well as straining it and using it in your water-gun of choice.
***INGREDIENT RATIOS*** The more cayenne and oil you use the stronger the concentration level of capsaicin .
0 x

Gravlore

Postby Gravlore » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:34 am

I heard you can extract the oil from Jalapeño seed by heating on a frying pan. I have never tried it but the oils are what make the stuff hot. I would imagine a bit of extract would have a larger impact than the dried version. I have eaten many hot peppers but I find the bought vials of oil of ____ to be the hottest stuff ever added to salsa etc.

The recipe sounds like it would work. Any thoughts other than a super soaker for broadcasting? Massive volume in about 2 seconds is what I am getting at. Something like a bear spray size?
0 x

Return to “Saskatchewan”