• Advertisement

Alternative home defense.

ICRCC

Re: Alternative home defense.

Postby ICRCC » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:03 pm

I'm not into the shooting thing either. Best plan is to avoid confrontational at all costs. In a shooting match there are only two outcomes them or you. I don't like 50/50 odds when it comes to my life.I judge avoidance to be much more prudent.
0 x

Gravlore

Postby Gravlore » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:28 am

Am I the only one that likes things that go boom vs things that go bang?
0 x

nighthawk

Postby nighthawk » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:20 am

How about snap,crackle and pop :D
0 x

razerp

Postby razerp » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:31 am

magic elves would be a decent home defence system, :P
0 x
I grew up on Looney Tunes, Marx Brothers mvies and Robin Williams, Enter my mind at your own risk

ICRCC

Postby ICRCC » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:59 am

Do you mean the good magic elves :D or the evil magic elves? :twisted:
0 x

razerp

Postby razerp » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:29 am

depends, am i a Heel or face.. :D

but i'd take a harry potter verse House Elf.. they can kick ass, teleport and find food anywhere.

A serious option on the home defense Macgyver/Home alone vein.. insect spray, body spray in the face will disorient (maybe even get them puking). Hair spray flame jet, fire bad - scare looters.. make run

Normal flour, talc, pepper, salt, heck dirt from a plant in a pot near the door..

I had someone come in my place uninvited months back, they backed off quick when 6ft 4 of my tubby self stood up with a 4ft long aluminium canadian crutch in my hand. (its my walking stick)

some kind of dowel rod or cut down broom handle can be wedged into sliding windows tracks to stop them being opened as easy.. it can be domne with a wire coathanger. Wire coathangers make good jabbing and striking tools, sting like a bitch, thin electrical cords work too, leather or vinyl belts. BBQ forks, long tongs,

Water balloons with urine or other unpleasant liquid, bleach, detergent, used cooking oil.

Basically all the crap me, my brothers and mates used to get in trouble for in our youth.

Heck smear something icky on your outside door handle.. they grab.. theyu go uuuuh yuck..

wedges for jamming under the front door, the old chair under the door knob. Sticky tape strung across corridors (clear tape with the lights out is almost invisible)

Fishing line strung across corridors at various heights, won't stop em but may slow, injure them, and can give warning.

a glass beer bottle with narrow neck, great club, smashed its a hell of a edged weapon.

The old crushed light bulb scattered on the floor outside your door.
And heres a tip.. punching people in the head hurts you as well, if u hit someone, use a weapon,

Keys wedged in your hand and the ends protruding between your fingers, and rake the eyes, face.

If i have to i can be nasty. and thats a handy trait at times.
0 x
I grew up on Looney Tunes, Marx Brothers mvies and Robin Williams, Enter my mind at your own risk

Gravlore

Postby Gravlore » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:43 am

Yeah I like the low budget, many deterrent thing. I thought about nailing into the deck and running fishing line across the porch, or old tires like a football exercise. I used to use Vaseline on doorknobs, electrical tape in the key hole and shut off all outdoor lights when my sister snuck out of the house as a teen. Engine oil on the steps would work. There are things in my head that I cannot divulge but they make a statement. :)
0 x

razerp

Postby razerp » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:05 am

one advantage i have is i can easily remove the indicators that my place exists eg signage, can't bug out without aid.. but i can make my place look like nothing.. there are people who live here didn't i was here for months. suburban gillie residence.. mwuahaha. heck the bits and pieces of crap that get left lying around by current and former residents add to the image of "nothing here"
0 x

Gravlore

Postby Gravlore » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:14 am

LOL my place is the same way. Most think it is a work shop. Our neighbor has a shouse (Shop/house).
0 x

razerp

Postby razerp » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:21 am

heh, mine IS a converted garage/workshop ;)
0 x

Return to “Saskatchewan”