• Advertisement

Alternative home defense.

Gravlore

Alternative home defense.

Postby Gravlore » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:19 pm

I am trying to think outside the box on this thread. Leave traditional guns/knives etc out of the conversation unless they can be used in a untraditional manner.
Lets think security on a budget and with some imagination since it is in everyones best interest to have some form of security.

I am putting out an idea for those who are strapped for cash and do not have a large dog or animal. My idea is getting an MP3 of some large breed dog barking and if someone knocks on the door you just crank the stereo near the door and have the thing go until the person leaves your door. If the person wants in bad enough they will be looking down and you can take advantage of this by attacking high from around a corner or behind the door.

Perception is reality.
0 x

runswithscissors

Re: Alternative home defense.

Postby runswithscissors » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:57 pm

Just off the top of my head, if your not using a projectile weapon or a cutting weapon...your pretty much left with a bludgeoning weapon.

No gun, no knife...there's always something around that's useful as a club. I once used a heavy glass ashtray to knock out a drunk that went too far.

Runs With Scissors.
0 x
Runs With Scissors

Gravlore

Postby Gravlore » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:18 pm

Think more of the "Home Alone" outside the box. What are some things that can be done to give the appearance that you are stronger than you really are?
0 x

ICRCC

Postby ICRCC » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:32 pm

Trainable killer snakes?
0 x

nighthawk

Postby nighthawk » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:39 am

Hang my diamond harrows in the trees with a trip wire. Will slow the unwanted down
0 x

oldschool
Canada

Postby oldschool » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:39 am

Great question

Trip wires, mouse traps in places, Mmmm that's it off the top of my head
0 x

Gravlore

Postby Gravlore » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:31 am

I was thinking about digging a hole and putting a thin piece of plywood over it and then spreading some dirt over it. When walked on it would collapse and I have my intruder in a pit. Or how about a rake with some mulch over it and when walked on THWAP!
0 x

oldschool
Canada

Postby oldschool » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:13 am

Gravlore wrote:I was thinking about digging a hole and putting a thin piece of plywood over it and then spreading some dirt over it. When walked on it would collapse and I have my intruder in a pit. Or how about a rake with some mulch over it and when walked on THWAP!

When I was younger I saw someone step on the rake covered in leaves. The spikes of the rake went through her foot. It does work for stopping someone but is the point to hurt someone or just to deter them?
0 x

ICRCC

Postby ICRCC » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:51 pm

I hope we are talking post SHTF here. If not you are talking about actions that could land you in a world of litigation that could make a zombie apocalypses look like a kindergarten tea party. You cannot lay booby-traps even if it is on your property. Nothing wrong with exploring the hypothetical just don't do it now.
0 x

Gravlore

Postby Gravlore » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:52 pm

LOL. I would not do it now. Seems others can talk about shooting hoards of gangs. Well, I have no gun but was thinking if post SHTF someone lands in my hole, I may just acquire one. :)
0 x

Return to “Saskatchewan”