• Advertisement

Alternative home defense.

ranger2012

Re: Alternative home defense.

Postby ranger2012 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:49 pm

A decorators weapon. Take a weathered wood shaft (5 ft), something strong (like a garden tool handle). Put a hammer beaten spear point on it, with a pointed stud collar running a foot down from the spear point. Let it rust out side for a while, and then lightly buff it and put a coat of varnish on it. Now you have a useable Decorator weapon that can be used in home defense against a knife wielding lunatic. Why the pointed stud collar, you ask? (please do), Well, when the fool tries to grab the spear from you, he’ll end up having a shredded hand to account for it. Oh and put a few feathers or leather frills on it to make look like a novelty. :twisted:
0 x
"We 'Prep.' to live after a downfall, Not just to survive."

ICRCC

Postby ICRCC » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:11 pm

Ah the forgotten weapon: the tried and true spear. I highly recommend one for home defense. They are excellent in close quarters. Check out the assegai or Zulu spear. If you do not want to make one and you have $50 or so to spare you can purchase one from Cold Steel among other manufacturers. Here is the link: http://www.coldsteel.com/aswishsh.html

They can be supplied with a 6 foot or 3 foot shaft. For home defense the 3 foot shaft is perfect. With the 6 foot shaft you have a great hunting weapon. Two of these mounted in an x fashion on the wall make a great decoration. Just be sure to attach the one closest to the wall securely. You do not want the perpetrate to be able to grab it and use it against you. Defensive weapons hidden in plain sight, I love it. If a perpetrator attempts to grab it from you it will slice their hands open. You might want to grease the last 6 inches of the shaft closest to the head to make it even more difficult to grab from you. All in all a great defensive weapon.
0 x

Gravlore

Postby Gravlore » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:05 pm

I got a board with a nail in it. I realize the clip is not the origional but the effect is still the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pr190YheRQ
0 x

Gravlore

Postby Gravlore » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:18 pm

How about a potato canon? Shove a potato in the barrel and on the end of it put a sharpened stick or core out the center of the potato and shove a large rock in there.
0 x

ICRCC

Postby ICRCC » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:02 pm

Gravlore where do you find those videos? :lol:
0 x

Gravlore

Postby Gravlore » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:13 am

So I was working on a project next to the house when it was dark out and I accidentally stepped into a 8"X4' deep auger hole. Scraped my knee a touch but I realized that if I were walking forward or running that would definitely break my leg. So The thing would be auger holes around the yard covered with loose material. Easy to do on acreage but not city. I still want a moat with barb wire in the water though.
0 x

ICRCC

Postby ICRCC » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:19 am

Trust me Gravlore it wont work for me, I've tried it. I live on the Canadain Sheild!
0 x

ranger2012

Postby ranger2012 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:28 am

I still say Japanese roses work well as barbed wire, with 1"thorns. :twisted:
0 x
"We 'Prep.' to live after a downfall, Not just to survive."

Gravlore

Postby Gravlore » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:19 pm

ICRCC wrote:Trust me Gravlore it wont work for me, I've tried it. I live on the Canadain Sheild!

Yeah a moat is a warm weather deal but I figure winter in and by itself is harsh enough that people would not venture to where I am.

==============

Good idea with the rose thorns. Could always put old fish net in there to as a tangling mess.
0 x

RabbitTeeth

Postby RabbitTeeth » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:38 pm

The best defense is one where you don't have to respond to a threat at all.

http://www.distroarchitecture.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Hidden-Room-Under-the-Stairs-2.jpg

Just make that into your bedroom.

To take it a few steps beyond, reinforce it so that it is bullet resistant (there's no such thing as truly bulletproof), and can be bolted/barred from inside.
0 x

Return to “Saskatchewan”