• Advertisement

A Hypothetical - What If? - then a look at Role Reversal.

Grey-Wolf

Re: A Hypothetical - What If? - then a look at Role Reversa

Postby Grey-Wolf » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:50 pm

A prepper after my own heart lol
0 x

coinzero

Postby coinzero » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:13 am

I only welcome people I know into my area, I don't have many friends but the one's I do have are willing to help me hide a body if needs be if you know what I am saying. Now it's rough to say but if I lost my bug out locations and all. I don't think finding others would be very wise unless I knew them very very well. I'd hate to take a bullet walking across someone else's prepping land thinking i was a raider or something. the above is also based on the worst case where all rule of law and government is near or totally gone. And a return to normality is no where in sight. If normality was in sight I would be much more hospitable and kind. I wish to be a ghost so if someone comes up to my location the question is now; Do I allow them to leave knowing where I am? If I do fire a round or two will I be even more exposed because of the noise? would I really risk the lives of my family and friends for someone I know nothing about? hummm this is deep for sure. I do hope we never need to find out!
0 x
Never underestimate the power of free! If someone has deemed something valueless, yet U see value in it; Then you've already made a profit and savings!

FNQ'er-1

Postby FNQ'er-1 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:48 am

hummm this is deep for sure. I do hope we never need to find out! 'QUOTE' by coinzero

It was meant to get people thinking past their comfort zone - we often foresee scenarios in a certain light until the harsh reality steps in and it doesn't quiet go to plan.
I have networked with a few people who are at large distance from my location but I am extremely confident that I have made some good choices in them.

Like your last part of your post - I also hope we never have to find out.
But should the worst case eventuate - we do need an action plan for this scenario.
0 x
I'm old, tired and crotchety - what's your excuse???

Grey-Wolf

Postby Grey-Wolf » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:15 pm

OK guys a few more hypotheticals:

If a virus broke out I.E Extreme bird flu, Mad cow etc would you:
Hold up in your house and wait for the authorities.
Make a run for it and head out of town.
Seek out help at local hospital, police station or aid area.
Move away from the effected area asap.

What would be your protocals if a loved one became infected/ showed symptoms of this dangerous illness.
will your goup have the understanding that ones you get ill its bye bye time.
will you choice to abandon the member with a small stash of food and equipment.
cut your losses and dump them all alone with no aid.

Would you be the one to put a loved one out of there suffering or leave it to another member of the group?

You can come across a group of people you only have enough resources/ space for one additional person (you only get one no BS about taking everyone or anything like that) who would you take from the below.
A soldier (not an SAS or navy Seal a run of the mine grunt just out of basic training)
A farmer?
An vetrinarian?
A hunter?
An engineer?
An attractive member of the opposite sex?

happy debating lol
0 x

FNQ'er-1

Postby FNQ'er-1 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:54 pm

Interesting choice for scenarios!!

OK - For the virus issue.
Chances are it is a highly virulent strain.
Depending on street activity at the time for a day or so if there was lots of activity I would stay put and try to seal up the house as best as possible as we are most likely already exposed to this virus, if on the other hand, the activity in the street is little to non-existent it would indicate either mass deaths which would lead to further disease out breaks - so time to get out of dodge so to speak.

For the second with protocols.
Assuming we are already in a safe loc, Isolate infected personnel away from main group and keep under observation/surveillance.

If group is moving and it is an infectious debilitating scenario that strikes down a member - provided we are not being pursued - form a defensive position maintain a 50% stand to and reduce to 25% after safety established - Isolate, assess, and observe victim.

If in a pursued situation by a larger force - we would need to hide non effective member and leave supplies and return at a later date to retrieve person. if we were still able to do so.

Situation 3 - only able to support 1 new person which one?
Difficult to answer - depends greatly on a large number of factors - are we moving to a new permanent base camp, are we evading pursuers, what is the make up of my current group, would the selection of one particular individual cause disharmony amongst my present group, are we close to our main base of ops and if we were would those rejected become a threat? And so on, not an easy one to answer - it can only be answered correctly at the actual time when all the factors are available to make a comprehensive choice that would best strengthen the group as a whole and not be detrimental in any way.
0 x
I'm old, tired and crotchety - what's your excuse???

Grey-Wolf

Postby Grey-Wolf » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:48 pm

Gotta say FNQ'er-1 I love the way your mind works, the last situation is you are falling back to your BOL, you have not yet encountered and "enemy" so to speak but you have seen signs of hostiles in your area. The whole point of this exercise is to see what you would value more in a SHTF scenario, would you want military, food, medical, trapping, building or sexual assistance. This allows me to work out a persons personality, Psychologist as a mother has made me work out afew different personality tests.

I.E: dont hesitate go with your gut instinct with the below one, the longer you think the less likely I will be to do a correct analysis.
pick a colour
pick an animal
what would your super power be
what element (fire, water, wind, earth)
would you rather= dance in the rain, feel no pain or live in spain.
0 x

Grillge

Postby Grillge » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:32 pm

Jislizard wrote:That was the short answer...

Most of the "information" (read "Doomsday Preppers!") I have come across suggests having a bug-out location as well as a bug-in location. I can't afford to have a seperate place somewhere outside of the main cities, I can't even afford the house I live in. So for me the option of having somewhere to go if Redcliffe was hit would be limited and there is no way I could carry all my stockpiles with me.

Having seen the American preppers who have food to last themselves for 20 years then you can see how it would be handy to have enough food for a fellow prepper to come and join you. Instead of having one bug out location you could have several spread out over the whole country at no extra cost, or at least, just the extra cost of having more food stockpiled. Much cheaper than land.

I guess it would depend on your location, when I get my farm you are all welcome to come if SHTF for whatever reason, but if you all turn up in my small unit I can see us all getting on each others' nerves after a very short space of time.

If due to solar flare/civil unrest the telecommunications were out then you couldn't call ahead to see if they had space for you or if they were willing to take you in, that sort of thing has to be discussed before the situation occurs.

If you were part of a refuge column heading out of a disaster area then everyone will be looking for a new place to establish themselves, resources will be low and highly fought over. Having a location in mind that is well stocked and friendly would be a bonus.

If a lone prepper turns up seeking shelter then I say welcome them with open arms, if they turn up with family and friends then depending on your state of preparations welcome them all in, they will all serve a purpose. Depending on the situation I think that the strongest community will survive.

I think

Part 1: A
Part 2: C

Preparing for disaster should include building a network that you can trust, not just hiding under the covers till it all blows over. In many situations you would never need to use another prepper, you would probably try friends and family first but as a Plan B, a prepper would do nicely.

Please now all PM me with your addresses and also a quick list of how much Ice Cream you have stockpiled, it will help me chose who to go to first.

I already use whats around use like fish from the ocean. I would pack 2 piece fishing rod and some lures plus hooks ,use rocks as sinkers , a knife with a flint in your bug out bag, there your can now hunt for food. A good quality 2 man tent to keep them mozzies out when sleeping, maybe find a spot that has water with fish in it and burry some pots and pans cooking oil. sauce and some spices now. Lizards will be easy to catch and there's plenty of them. use your knife to make a spear or bow and arrow. All you need now is a female companion, but dont burry her she probably wont be alive when you go back.
0 x

Return to “Australian Preppers Network”