• Advertisement

Preparing for my Time away from the Bunker

razerp

Preparing for my Time away from the Bunker

Postby razerp » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:15 pm

By Bunker - i mean my permanent residence.. not a BOL - it's a thing :)

Heading away for a week, petsitting. Will be giving the new laptop a whirl.

Not exactly prepping for a trek thru the woods but with my physical limitations it will be a tiring but welcome change of scenery.

It's an interesting process finding a balance of having some preps with me.. despite me going to be in a fully stocked home.. it's not my place and thus i don't know where or what they have. No need for 7 days food, but have already sent some snacks and food etc of my own .. ;)

we are into storm season here in SE Qld so i'm taking basic storm/blackout gear along with my usual tech, entertainment stuff.

Brief outline of what i'm taking
Crank AM/FM Radio/Torch/Charger, Crank Torch/Charger, Solar/USB Fan and 5 LED light, Mobile Ph, Ipod Touch, 3 in 1 USB cable, Battery Fan (2AA),Spare batteries, Laptop and accessories, USB Tv Tuner, Portable Dig TV/Media Player, Medications, First Aid Kit, Hygiene Supplies, Notebook, Pen, Sharpie, Rubber bands, Duct Tape, Cotton Balls, 6 Tealight candles, Lighter, 1 LED Booklight, multi tool, Swiss army clone, Book, camera.

Along with my clothing, shoes, walking stick.. and yup.. my own pillow - (wimp aint i), sure i have missed some stuff.

I think its enough... hopefully :)
0 x
I grew up on Looney Tunes, Marx Brothers mvies and Robin Williams, Enter my mind at your own risk

susannah755

Re: Preparing for my Time away from the Bunker

Postby susannah755 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:43 pm

Enjoy your trip Razerp.
0 x
Russell Coight....outback legend

FNQ'er-1

Postby FNQ'er-1 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:30 pm

Don't forget - Bread Crumbs.
The ultimate aid for the 'Bush-Navigator!'

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

(Told you It get's lonely in the North... :( ..... Doesn't it Wil-son!!)
0 x
I'm old, tired and crotchety - what's your excuse???

FNQ'er-1

Postby FNQ'er-1 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:33 pm

Along with my clothing, shoes, walking stick.. and yup.. my own pillow - (wimp aint i), sure i have missed some stuff. - (Quote - razerp)

Yep! - Tinned 'questionable origin' chook!!!!!
0 x
I'm old, tired and crotchety - what's your excuse???

Cares

Postby Cares » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:42 am

Definitely your own pillow this is essential...I love my latex pillow and always take it with me, they are the best pillow and a damn handy weapon....ever had a pillow fight with a latex pillow, you don't just hit people, you clean knock'm out :lol:
0 x

razerp

Postby razerp » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:18 am

heh, way back when young we had capok pillows.. that stuff compacted down like concrete,, you could knock someone off their feet. :D

good thing about summer going away.. clothes lighter.. when ur a big guy like me winter clothes take a hell of a lot of room. summer - shorts, tshirts, tank tops,

Oh! big exciting news!! :)

New jocks! 3 pair a pack from Loewes.. in the gigantor size.. $20, and a new pair o shorts for 20 as well... yaaay.

Finding shorts or any pants that fit me is never easy or cheap. Tshirts -easy as

got most packed, just a few items to go in the toiletries/utility bag in the morning, the water bottles in the backpack then too.
Backpack and laptop bag.. and pillow - plus the bits n pieces already taken.
0 x
I grew up on Looney Tunes, Marx Brothers mvies and Robin Williams, Enter my mind at your own risk

razerp

Postby razerp » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:49 am

Currently between my wallet and keyring i have

A tiny Swiss army clone - 1 tiny blade and a bottle opener/flat head screwdriver
1 3 LED Solar flashlight
1 Credit Card sized Fresnel lens
6 ibuprofen in a small snaplock bag
1 Credit card size multi tool - Stainless steel - has a blade, bottle/can openers, mini saw edge, ruler, directional circle, multi size hex wrech slots, wingnut wrench slot
1 P38 can opener
3-5m Duct tape around a cut plastic card.

Once my water purification tablets arrive i'll keep a few in plastic wrap in my wallet, also waiting on a keyring pill container and a whistle/compass/thermometer :P
0 x

razerp

Postby razerp » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:37 pm

oh i'm an idiot... all the stuff i bought with me... all the thinking and planning..

and i leave the tealight candles and lighter behind - n we got possible storms next few days

#facepalm
0 x

Jislizard

Postby Jislizard » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:07 am

Well that saves you burning down the house at least...
0 x
What you don't know can't hurt you :)

razerp

Postby razerp » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:25 am

Threatened storm other day was a lot of noise n thats it.. possible storm again tomorrow.

Hate the mattress here, i'm getting even more broken sleep than normal. but happy i'm able to do something for sis & bro in law as they are always there if i need them.
Pets are behaving, and have picked up some great bargainy items from evilbay and other sources.

Happy prepping preeps
0 x

Return to “Australian Preppers Network”