• Advertisement

Introducing....

Cares

Introducing....

Postby Cares » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:18 pm

Just thought I'd introduce myself properly to all of you as I am becoming a semi-regular poster :D

The damned lying filthy scurvy dog government probably already knows me anyway so it can't hurt to tell you a little about myself too :lol:

Prepping - I don't think I really made a conscious decision to prep...hmmm that is pretty typical of my character, I find myself doing something and wonder how I got there in the first place, so well here I am!
I believe the greatest threat is financial collapse...I don't believe the major type disasters are about to happen like pole shift, planet x etc I think they are all just scare tactics, oh but I do love the end of the world disaster movies.
Mostly I try to just be as self sufficient as possible rather than accumulating a lot of prepper stuff.

Political Views - I don't have any :lol:
I have never in my life voted for a lying thieving polly and never will...never even enrolled, bad bad girl :roll:

Family - There are four of us DH, Me, DS & DD (Bushkid)...Homeschooled both kids all the way through and loved every bit of it.

Where we live - At present on approx. 250 acres on NSW north coast and lovin' it.

Things I do - I play first violin in an orchestra but also love mucking around playing fiddle tunes and I am slowly, very slowly learning to play the banjo. The kids both play the bagpipes and DH plays audience ;)
With all that music it is not very quiet around here...but bonfire nights are a hoot.
I also love gardening and around here am turning into a bit of a local guru and do regular tours around the garden with visitors....I could talk the leg off a chair about gardening :)
I get very personally attached to my veggies and DH thinks I am crazy because of it :roll:
I hate guns because you can't get a decent tune out of them, but DH is an A Grade shooter...so he can have his guns and I my music and all is well with the world!

Personality - I can be both very serious and very silly but I always try to enjoy whatever situation I find myself in and love to make people smile :D
I have always been a 'Tomboy' and hate wearing dresses.

Health - I love to try and stay healthy by growing our own organic food and remaining very active even if not 'exercising' but then I go through stages where I hit the gym pretty hard. I love to be able to just lift and shift things without wondering how heavy they are. The most I have ever leg-pressed was 320kg...wow and I got three of them out, the PT was totally stunned :o I am pretty strong!
I use alternative treatments when ever possible and only go to a doctor or hospital if something is broken or needs stitching. I had my first heart attack at 24 years, also a pulmonary embolism then later developed an aortic aneurism, had a kidney infection, damn the list could go on and on here...but all these issues were dealt with naturally and I made 40 last year and am still above ground. Forty was a land mark year for me because a doctor once said 'IF' I make 40 I would have been in for a double heart by-pass...well I made it without it :lol: I also love proving people wrong!

Other stuff - I used to work in advertising and printing and as a result I hate advertising as it is mostly manipulation and social engineering that drives it and I hate, hate, hate it :evil:
I haven't had a TV hooked up to an aerial since I was 18 but I do like watching the odd movie...I am a die-hard Jane Austin fan (oh maybe not such a tomboy after all), other programs I liked were Blackadder, MASH, Allo Allo, and The Good Life.
I have absolutely no idea what the current TV programs are and nor do I wish to know. Don't think I would have the time to watch TV anyway.
I love reading all sorts of books but love the James Herriot stories best hmmm I think...oh so many good books :roll:

Geee you know what....I sound like a really normal person not a stereo typical prepper :lol:
0 x

Cares

Re: Introducing....

Postby Cares » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:38 pm

Oh and a photo, well of when I was a kid anyway...I am the serious one :D

Just for you FNQ'er even sitting on a fire tanker :lol:
0 x

susannah755

Postby susannah755 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:41 pm

Thanks Cares....I'm glad you're still here.
0 x
Russell Coight....outback legend

Jislizard

Postby Jislizard » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:37 am

Hi!

Only a megre few lines after all the effort you put into your post, but Hi! anyway.
0 x
What you don't know can't hurt you :)

FNQ'er-1

Postby FNQ'er-1 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:54 am

That's a bit of a let down 'Jislizard ' shorely you can drag out a bit more than a "Hi!"
"Cares" has set the standard now.
(Love the pic Cares - Just can remember those, the Inters they were more flat cropland/planes areas, in nearby shire units we went from the Blitzes to the Bedfords in the more hilly/mountainous areas - not much faster than the Blitz but could climb).
Even some one like me - a person of few words could try for two or threeat least!!!!
0 x
I'm old, tired and crotchety - what's your excuse???

Jislizard

Postby Jislizard » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:47 am

Well it was pretty lame but I hate putting a lot of effort into a post and seeing hundreds of 'views' but no replies!

Makes you wonder what you have to do to get a response!

I wouldn't mind working in advertising, I read a few books by Ian Ogilvie and they were very interesting, certainlty helps me when I am trying to put my point across, unless I am just saying 'Hi!' of course.
0 x
What you don't know can't hurt you :)

FNQ'er-1

Postby FNQ'er-1 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:30 am

Mate :!: Theres a thread on that on another section here - you shot me down in mid-flight with your 'Hi'. :(

here's the thread topic - Re: Why So Many Zero's??

:)
0 x
I'm old, tired and crotchety - what's your excuse???

Bush Kid

Postby Bush Kid » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:19 am

Hi Mum :P LOL (I can see her right now sitting there sorting through her box of seeds for her garden)
...I know Cares, spys everywhere, right?! :D
0 x
Bullshit Baffles Brains!

Return to “Australian Preppers Network”