• Advertisement

What's Our Collective Ages???

Jislizard

Re: What's Our Collective Ages???

Postby Jislizard » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:32 am

40 years old but my stacker age is only 4!

I moved to Australia in 2005, before that I lived in the UK where we had a Hurricane in 87, and everyone is still talking about it! No bushfires no earthquakes, no dangerous wildlife and up until I left they had a pretty prosperous economy. Prepping was not on the radar.

If I was in my 20s in the UK I would not be prepping. If I was in my 20s in Australia then I would have at least a 72 hour bag. I would also be prepping for financial strife, not necessarily an immediate concern but within the next two decades when the house of cards comes down around our ears I am not sure I would want to be relying on the Government or Fiat currencies.

Age has not changes my prepping but it has had an effect. As you get older you get more opportunities.

Up until recently I had a locum job traveling around the country, I lived in rental accommodation. I couldn't install solar panels or grow my own food in a garden when I was renting for 3 months at at location. Now, due to my age and change in circumstances, permanent job, wife, better wages I can afford to buy my own home, and if I want passive solar design, insulation, double glazing, solar hot water or whatever I can add that to my house. I can also afford to have a decent plot of land and if I want to spent time in the garden growing my own food I can, I no longer find any pleasure in night clubbing or drinking so I need a distraction.

My opportunities to prep have increased at the same time I got older, my attitude has changed and my priorities have changed.
0 x
What you don't know can't hurt you :)

FNQ'er-1

Postby FNQ'er-1 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:59 am

Jislizard wrote:40 years old but my stacker age is only 4!

I moved to Australia in 2005, before that I lived in the UK where we had a Hurricane in 87, and everyone is still talking about it! No bushfires no earthquakes, no dangerous wildlife and up until I left they had a pretty prosperous economy. Prepping was not on the radar.

If I was in my 20s in the UK I would not be prepping. If I was in my 20s in Australia then I would have at least a 72 hour bag. I would also be prepping for financial strife, not necessarily an immediate concern but within the next two decades when the house of cards comes down around our ears I am not sure I would want to be relying on the Government or Fiat currencies.

OK Jislizard - I just gotta ask - you got me now - we have all the above and wait for it - much more. :shock:
Just about every thing here will kill you given the chance - if it walks, crawls, slithers, flies runs and lurks, it's out to get you. Then we have extreme weather - if drought and thirst don't do it we have all the other climatic events - along with Bushfires and Cyclones and the rest, and yes, there's more, and then the most dangerous of all - our gov't :evil: political :evil: parties :twisted: - they take no prisoners. :|
So :D - :D the attraction to come here was?????????????????? :D
0 x
I'm old, tired and crotchety - what's your excuse???

Cares

Postby Cares » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:36 am

Hmmmm...must have been the beaches you'd think wouldn't you???
Oh damn except for the blue bottles, sharks, snakes (yep they like the beach too), etc etc
Okay so perhaps it wasn't the beaches...oh I know, you are a petty crim and thought you'd join the rest of us convicts :lol:
0 x

FNQ'er-1

Postby FNQ'er-1 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:17 pm

Petty - Nothing :!: :!: :!:
Charged with being a HIGHWAYMAN 8-) got one side deportyed 8-) - not sure what the other side :roll: was deported to the colonies for.
Does that mean I can never go back to the old country :?: :o :?:
Sigh - what a shame :!: :shock: :!:
Love to insist on forms that I am 'English-Australian'. :ugeek:
Hey :geek: - it's good enough for others in other countries - why cant I go that way. :mrgreen:
0 x

susannah755

Postby susannah755 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:32 pm

FNQ'er-1 wrote:Petty - Nothing :!: :!: :!:
Charged with being a HIGHWAYMAN 8-) got one side deportyed 8-) - not sure what the other side :roll: was deported to the colonies for.
Does that mean I can never go back to the old country :?: :o :?:
Sigh - what a shame :!: :shock: :!:
Hey :geek: - it's good enough for others in other countries - why cant I go that way. :mrgreen:

Not me M-A-T-E....ocker all the way through.
0 x
Russell Coight....outback legend

FNQ'er-1

Postby FNQ'er-1 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:23 pm

susannah755 wrote:
FNQ'er-1 wrote:Petty - Nothing :!: :!: :!:

Not me M-A-T-E....ocker all the way through.

Me Too!
Yeah -I agree !

But what about the 'P_ ss - Off' value to all those people that suffer from 'Big-frog-in-little-Puddle' syndrom.
Don't know about you but I have struck heaps in my time - this is my way of getting back at them (only those that give me a hard time though - those that are pleasant and civil get the respect and politeness due to them - as for the others - :evil: they are fair game to me then.') :D
0 x

Jislizard

Postby Jislizard » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:25 am

Cares wrote:Hmmmm...must have been the beaches you'd think wouldn't you???
Oh damn except for the blue bottles, sharks, snakes (yep they like the beach too), etc etc

You forgot the Blue Ringed octopus!
And skin cancer,
and cone shells,
and stone fish
and apparently Crocodiles don't mind a dip in the ocean now-and-again!

Come to think of it...why did I move here?!

Actually my wife is half Greek half Australian and was sick to death of English winters (after only three of them, wuss!) It was either learn Greek or learn Australian, fool that I was I thought Australian would be easier! Furphy, hoon, rort, rego...
0 x
What you don't know can't hurt you :)

susannah755

Postby susannah755 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:27 am

Jislizard wrote:
Cares wrote:Hmmmm...must have been the beaches you'd think wouldn't you???

You forgot the Blue Ringed octopus!
And skin cancer,
and cone shells,
and stone fish
and apparently Crocodiles don't mind a dip in the ocean now-and-again!

Come to think of it...why did I move here?!

Actually my wife is half Greek half Australian and was sick to death of English winters (after only three of them, wuss!) It was either learn Greek or learn Australian, fool that I was I thought Australian would be easier! Furphy, hoon, rort, rego...

Sounds like you've got a good handle on the lingo already Jislizard :lol:
0 x
Russell Coight....outback legend

Return to “Australian Preppers Network”