• Advertisement

What's Our Collective Ages???

FNQ'er-1
Posts: 405
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:18 am
Location: North Qld - in the Land Down Under.

What's Our Collective Ages???

Postby FNQ'er-1 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:46 pm

Had an epiphany this am.
(This has most likely been already covered - but we have a good number of new people on board now, so....)
What are our approximate ages - I was looking some of the comments section in the forum here and reckon the collective age would be a definite 45 to 50 plus.

If this is the case then there are a whole heap of un-anticipated issues of the slowly growing mature contingent of people who have the foresight to prepare for possible future unknown events.

Statistically speaking we are all in collectively good health up until 40 to 45 years of age.

After this point there is usually a litany of health maladies.
Perhaps in hindsight we should all be preparing for old age. :0)!!!!

(Just thought I'd share this thought with you all so we could all have a positive outlook to growing older in a disaster scenario event). :) :)

To get the ball rolling - I am the wrong side of 50.
So here are 3 questions;
(Three question that should be considered are - health issues exempt)
1) - What age bracket applies to you?
A) - Under 24
B) - 25 - 44
C) - 45 to 57
D) - 58 to what was the question????

2) - Would your preparation items be of a different type/importence/content if you were in your 20's, or would you still have pretty much the same content as now??

3) - Does age have a major influence on your choices now???

My answers are;
1 - C.
2 - be 50% or better would be different.
3- Yes.
0 x
I'm old, tired and crotchety - what's your excuse???

Grey-Wolf
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:09 am
Location: The Bush

Re: What's Our Collective Ages???

Postby Grey-Wolf » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:53 pm

My answers
1- A (24)
2- Since I am still in my twenties my items are mainly focused around my current abilities and skills but I hvae taken into consideration food stuff and medical for the younger and older Aussies I may throw my lot in with.
3-Yes
0 x

User avatar
susannah755
Posts: 1226
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:24 pm
Location: Australia

Re: What's Our Collective Ages???

Postby susannah755 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:33 am

I am also on the wrong side of 50 :cry:
My answers are>
1.C
2. Nope - different. Why? I thought I was invincible at 20...now I know better. I didn't prep at 20.
3.Yes - Preps are taking into account one young adult, one older (77) adult and myself. Plus various assorted furry beasties that are family members too.
0 x
Russell Coight....outback legend

Cares
Posts: 417
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:20 am

Re: What's Our Collective Ages???

Postby Cares » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:24 am

1. B - Slid in by a couple of years :D
2. Nope - My aim was always to be as self sufficient as possible whatever my age.
3. Not really - I say that only because my health was so poor in my 20's that I don't look at health as age related anymore and thus prepare for all eventualities regardless.
0 x

FNQ'er-1
Posts: 405
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:18 am
Location: North Qld - in the Land Down Under.

Re: What's Our Collective Ages???

Postby FNQ'er-1 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:35 am

susannah755 wrote:I am also on the wrong side of 50 :cry:
My answers are>
1.C
2. Nope - different. Why? I thought I was invincible at 20...now I know better. I didn't prep at 20.
3.Yes - Preps are taking into account one young adult, one older (77) adult and myself. Plus various assorted furry beasties that are family members too.



Think we all thought we were 10 foot tall and bullet proof then - pay for that past mentality now though!!!
0 x
I'm old, tired and crotchety - what's your excuse???

razerp
Posts: 266
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:21 pm
Location: Brisbane Qld
x 1

Re: What's Our Collective Ages???

Postby razerp » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:11 pm

1) - What age bracket applies to you?
B) - 25 - 44
Got me a lil time still in this bracket

2) - Would your preparation items be of a different type/importence/content if you were in your 20's, or would you still have pretty much the same content as now??
In early 20's i could have n did do the camping thing a bit, so definitely different gear, could move n carry more.

3) - Does age have a major influence on your choices now???
Honestly yes, i've aged hard.. from the physical standpoint..
0 x
I grew up on Looney Tunes, Marx Brothers mvies and Robin Williams, Enter my mind at your own risk

Perfesser
Posts: 985
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: Burlington Ontario
x 1
Canada

Re: What's Our Collective Ages???

Postby Perfesser » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:51 pm

1) C
2) In my 20's it was girls and making sure the whiskey was gone before it reached it's expiration date.
3) Of course, I'm working on warm in the winter, low maintenance and not too many stairs.
0 x

ICRCC
x 11

Re: What's Our Collective Ages???

Postby ICRCC » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:04 pm

Ok let's try this.

A. If I answer I'll put the average of the ages reported so far. D and then some.
B. Yes. I was much more of a survivalist back then.
C. Yes. Being older (and hopefully somewhat wiser) I have changed my approach to adjust to a much more comfortable life style if the SHTF.
0 x

Grey-Wolf
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:09 am
Location: The Bush

Re: What's Our Collective Ages???

Postby Grey-Wolf » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:04 pm

FNQ'er-1 wrote:
susannah755 wrote:I am also on the wrong side of 50 :cry:
My answers are>
1.C
2. Nope - different. Why? I thought I was invincible at 20...now I know better. I didn't prep at 20.
3.Yes - Preps are taking into account one young adult, one older (77) adult and myself. Plus various assorted furry beasties that are family members too.



Think we all thought we were 10 foot tall and bullet proof then - pay for that past mentality now though!!!




5'9" and bulletproof over here thanks very much lol
0 x

FNQ'er-1
Posts: 405
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:18 am
Location: North Qld - in the Land Down Under.

Re: What's Our Collective Ages???

Postby FNQ'er-1 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:24 pm

Grey-Wolf wrote:
FNQ'er-1 wrote:
susannah755 wrote:I am also on the wrong side of 50 :cry:
My answers are>
1.C
2. Nope - different. Why? I thought I was invincible at 20...now I know better. I didn't prep at 20.
3.Yes - Preps are taking into account one young adult, one older (77) adult and myself. Plus various assorted furry beasties that are family members too.



Think we all thought we were 10 foot tall and bullet proof then - pay for that past mentality now though!!!




5'9" and bulletproof over here thanks very much lol


Yeah - forgot to mention - I don't bounce now anymore - did once - now sorta just go splat :lol:
0 x
I'm old, tired and crotchety - what's your excuse???


Return to “Australian Preppers Network”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest