• Advertisement

Introducing Mr Overkill

Overkill

Introducing Mr Overkill

Postby Overkill » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:41 am

Hi all,

I am a new prepper based in Sydney.

Prepping outlook: I believe in scientific, statistically based risk assessment. Mayan calendars and zombies might be entertaining, but I prep for common & mundane events like storms and personal injury. With all the resources I have at home, I plan to stay put unless the outlook is grim. I stay alert but not alarmed - the world generally stays spinning much as it has done for the past billions of years.
Prepping goals: I plan to have 2 weeks of food & water and power, a good medical kit, medical training, home defense and basic bug-out capabilities. Modest goals compared to some, but that's what I feel is warranted right now. If I move, or if the local/global situation changes, I will adapt the plan to suit.

Capabilities: I am an avid self-taught machinist and wood worker with a workshop stuffed with tools; lathe, mill, table saw, Mig welder, band saw, CNC router and a bazillion hand tools. I work in IT with a focus on disaster recovery, so planning that stuff is 2nd nature.

Interests: Prepping (duh!), Robots, repairing stuff, renovating, and computers. I want to get back into camping and archery, thing I used to do years ago.
Other stuff: Please excuse my dry sense of humor; I tend to take things pretty lightly unless the situation is dire. I love gadgets and technology, but still recognize that simple stuff is sometimes more effective. I’m not political or religious, and I really don’t like fundamentalists of any persuasion.
0 x

martha

Re: Introducing Mr Overkill

Postby martha » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:56 am

Welcome Mr overkill,

How's the weather on your side of the globe? It's pretty cold here. You won't like my persuasion, but I thought I'd say welcome anyways!

Martha
0 x

ICRCC

Postby ICRCC » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:52 am

Welcome to the forum.
0 x

Overkill

Postby Overkill » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:10 am

Hi Martha,

The weather here is very variable - hot & sticky one day, cold the next; I put it down to global warming starting to make itself known. Just yesterday we had a sizeable bushfire just a few clicks away and the thunder of fire-fighting helicopters zipping past got me thinking about fire preparedness - the place I am renting would go up like a firework if enough cinders landed on the roof!
0 x

martha

Postby martha » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:05 am

Wow, maybe you should prepare to make a hasty exit, if need be. Hope you have a reliable vehicle, but better yet, I hope the bushfire is successfully extinguished.

Mother Nature is sure taking a beating, or dishing it out... depending on your perspective. I'm sure your land is very beautiful, it's sad to hear of so many fires over there in the not too distant past.
0 x

Return to “Australian Preppers Network”