• Advertisement

Australian Preppers "sound off"

Jislizard

Re: Australian Preppers "sound off"

Postby Jislizard » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:29 am

I checked out http://www.survivalskills.com.au/ first as I was after a local site but it seemed to be a lot of spam for sporting goods and not many current postings from what I could see after a very brief look around.
0 x
What you don't know can't hurt you :)

FNQ'er-1

Postby FNQ'er-1 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:34 am

does look questionable - there are some designs that are fairly good for Australian bush living. As for PM's - easy way is look under persons name and under the flag you will note a PM - click on that. It can take a bit of time for some site systems to recognize you at first.
another is up under the Aussie loggo -
Portal » Board index‹ National Networks ‹ Australian Preppers Network
Change font size
E-mail friend
User Control Panel (0 new messages) • View your posts

Click on (0 new messages) that will take you to the PM section.
0 x
I'm old, tired and crotchety - what's your excuse???

susannah755

Postby susannah755 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:09 pm

G'day & welcome Jislizard
0 x
Russell Coight....outback legend

FNQ'er-1

Postby FNQ'er-1 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:34 pm

Jislizard wrote:I checked out http://www.survivalskills.com.au/ first as I was after a local site but it seemed to be a lot of spam for sporting goods and not many current postings from what I could see after a very brief look around.

Yeah - There is a lot of 'Needless Baggage' attached but learn to skim through and look for key points ( I never see that baggage - but i did see the sub-folder titled 'Free Resources'

Then scroll down to (it's in a redish colour) LDS Preparedness manual

(that's the kicker that caught my attention - anything with the word MANUAL is worth investigating)

Then Skim through the index and baggage of first couple of pgs (222PG MANUAL) to what intrests you and its pg number.

It is a starting point with basic info which can point you in the right direction of what more you need to know - if that makes any sense????
I am not sure how much you know and on how confident you are that if the SHTF tomorrow - you would be OK.
My levels of assesment are post SHTF time lines are (this is for me, right);

tomorrow - well thats a pain in the 'a--e!'
next week - geeze - it's quiet!!!
next month - Hmmm! - wonder why no ones on line????
next year - Ha! - See!! You can train rats to talk!!!
0 x
I'm old, tired and crotchety - what's your excuse???

bunyip

Postby bunyip » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:00 am

FNQ'er-1 wrote:We keep a low profile on what we do and have, and certainly don't advertise our views. My reasoning behind this is simple, if you advertise your readiness then you are targeting yourself.
So we keep a fairly low profile and just recently joined sites like this - were happy to share our knowledge and information to those that ask, personally I believe it is 75% mind-set and 25% preparation. History has shown time and time again all those well prepared groups of explorers that come to grief, and on the other side people thrown into extreme circumstances who have little resources pool their knowledge and tend to get through situations - this also is well documented.

Here in the land down-under, I reckon we are better off, and honestly we would never go hungry - we are lucky to have a bountiful land and sea. I would be very worried if we were in some other country.
At the end of the day no matter what you read, or are taught/told the decision is yours top make.
Any preparation is better than no preparation.
(Admin - if this is in the wrong 'thread' - please delete)

Skill, attitude.

Burke and Wills were well bankrolled, and well equipped - overly equipped some would say.

JM Stuart travelled light, but made sure he had the skills to find water and live off the land where possible.

Burke and Wills perished, Stuart was successful. So I think you have a point.

Re Oz being better off. Dunno 'bout that. We have a small population, but its a harsh land. Survival basically depends on having access to water and good farming techniques - and we are probably the most urbanised country on this forum. I WOULDN'T like to live in Sydney or Melbourne in a real emergency.
0 x

westernprepper01

Postby westernprepper01 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:14 pm

Wouldnt like to live in Sydney or Melbourne if everything stayed as it is, lol... sorry guys :D

Get out while you still can...
0 x
You Have Everything To Gain By Prepping.......And Everything To Lose If You Don’t.

jjp

Postby jjp » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:42 am

hi I live in Brisbane qld aus I am looking for preppers to join my doomsday survivalists group
Attachments
Home-Defense-Emergency-Survival-Kit1.jpg
Home-Defense-Emergency-Survival-Kit1.jpg (196.9 KiB) Viewed 708 times
0 x

Georgekaw

Seems like an awesome place!

Postby Georgekaw » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:35 am

Hiya,

I just Stumbled upon this space and just checking out what internationalpreppersnetwork.net is all about!
0 x

Jislizard

Postby Jislizard » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:57 am

Not visited the site for a while.

Just bought my 'grey man' backpack second hand off ebay. Nice Mission Workshop Archiv 6 backpack in waxed canvas http://missionworkshop.com/products/ark ... d-pack.php . Worked out the be about half price so definitely worth picking up second hand, I had to buy a couple of the add-ons separately direct from the manufacturer but still not a bad deal.

It isn't perfect, the mesh back doesn't have great air circulation, it is pretty heavy even before you load it up and the strap adjustment sits a little too high up on my shoulders, making it harder to release the straps when I want to take it off.But it doesn't scream 'prepper' or 'hiker' so should allow me to leave the area unmolested in case of a disaster, that's the plan at least.
0 x
What you don't know can't hurt you :)

Return to “Australian Preppers Network”