• Advertisement

Australian Preppers "sound off"

northern_striker

Australian Preppers "sound off"

Postby northern_striker » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:25 am

Since there's no-one here to welcome me, I'll welcome myself and say "cooooo-eee, where are you all"? I know your out there, I'm starting the trend for some serious discussion about smart prepping in one of the most hazardous continents (island's) in the world! Where everything's out to bite you! eat you! sting you! burn you! and as recent weather activities have shown DESTROY you!

"I'm a proud Queenslander and as Queenslanders we can take it, so bring it!!!!"
0 x

North Idaho Patriot

Re: Australian Preppers "sound off"

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:38 pm

Welcome to the forum Northern_striker!
0 x

itsadisaster
United States of America

Postby itsadisaster » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:36 pm

Greetings from Arizona northern_striker .. and welcome! We have attitudinal critters and flora here too but methinks your country's got more bad-a$$ stuff than our desert. :D itsa
0 x
Be Aware... Be Prepared... and Have a Plan!

1locator

Postby 1locator » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:47 am

gidday all . I am a new member based in bundy qld just sayind hi,thought there would be more aussy members but oh well,early days.
0 x

bunyip

Postby bunyip » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:20 am

Hi

Found this forum while doing some research.

Seems like a good idea and looks like it's early days and you could use some members.

(Would I be right in thinking its is mostly an eastern Canadian setup so far?).

I am located inland from Sydney, east coast of NSW, Australia,
0 x

North Idaho Patriot

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:29 am

The majority of members are Canadians and therefore the Canadian section is the largest, but as we get more members from other countries we will expand those countries' sub-forums to meet their needs.
0 x

nyeahsteaz

Postby nyeahsteaz » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:48 am

Sup, another Ozzie joining the ranks, located in Sunny Central Aus. Need more Australians, spread the word people xD
0 x

Beth

Postby Beth » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:12 pm

bunyip wrote:Hi

Found this forum while doing some research.

Seems like a good idea and looks like it's early days and you could use some members.

(Would I be right in thinking its is mostly an eastern Canadian setup so far?).

I am located inland from Sydney, east coast of NSW, Australia,

Good observation bunyip, I think we eastern Canadians are in numbers here because of the ice storm we had back in 1998, were we all pretty much had to prep on the spot that winter, it was a big eye opener for a lot of people. and every sense then our Provencal Government has been printing out booklets each year and mailing it out to us on prepping type stuff.
0 x

bunyip

Postby bunyip » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:46 am

Time for a bit of background I guess.

I'm from the wrong side of the tracks, there wasn't a lot extra, and that has left me liking to have a full pantry (which could use some organisation and it has some 'holes' capability wise in it. Joining the service put me on a different track in life than most of my then neighbours and even my family.

I was in the bush fire brigade (bush fires being our major regular disaster around here) and they got pretty close in 1994, and again in 2001 in 2 different places we lived.

A couple of weeks ago, we had bad wind storms, damaged our roof, 2 cars, power off for several days.

All of which reinforces the case for some level of prior preparation (question is, as always I guess - HOW much).
0 x

VICprep

Postby VICprep » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:40 am

Hi all

New member from Country Victoria, Australia.

Got caught up in the Vic bush fires a few years ago and made me realise how poorly prepared I was for anything outside of normal weather & conditions. Concluded that I will never let it happen again and have been more vigilant, and open to the preparedness movement ever since.

American Continent seems to be where its at as far as info goes, hopefully I can get some contacts here and contribute some relevant local content and get some interest happening.

My background is Electronics (over 20 years - multiple disciplines) so look me up if you have any questions. If I don't know your specific answer I'm pretty sure I'll know where to direct the question.

Cheers.
0 x

Return to “Australian Preppers Network”