• Advertisement

Prepping In Mexico and Its Limits

Spider

Postby Spider » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:43 am

I see there are several posts, however, not being fluent in Spanish..........

I am wondering how preppers are planning to store and defend their supplies, in view of the limitations of no 2nd Amendment there. I am aware that the Constitution of Mexico actually does allow citizens to bear arms, however, it is stipulated that it is only with the permission granted by the Government, and of course, they don't want to provide that.

That being said, also how are they meeting each other to discuss these issues. In the states, there is less of a concern of discussing weapons, etc., as it is legal.
0 x

toddn601

Re: Prepping In Mexico and Its Limits

Postby toddn601 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:17 am

I am looking for preppers in the Yucatan. Where are you located ?
0 x

Gerardo

Re: Prepping In Mexico and Its Limits

Postby Gerardo » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:17 pm

It is legal to discuss weapons in Mexico, just do NOT offer to buy or sell "military grade" stuff. Handguns over 38spl or .380 auto, shotguns of bigger than 12 and auto rifles. It takes good money and patience to get your some weapons in order, but is possible.
In a couple other things people is a bit more prepared, many cities have rolling water cuts, so most have a water reservoir in each house (not much, but some). Many have pressure cookers, still remember how to cultivate small things (my mom used to have onions, figs and strawberries in the house). But then again the mentality of government taking care is crushing initiative in many.
No one cares if you have lawn or cultivate in your backyard.
Most homes have physical barriers to entry in the windows.
Etc.
But self-reliance as a cultural thing needs more "publicity" to actually be really prepared.
I personally have lived in cities that at one time were considered the most violent in the world (more than Irak before IS).
0 x

Spider

Postby Spider » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:18 pm

I am aware we can discuss all these things. Finding other Preppers seems difficult. I do know it is legal to own guns and that there is only one place to get them (from the military). The problem is then that they know what you have and there are quite a few limitations on what you are allowed to own.

If there are any in our area, we would like to meet them. We are in Jalisco in the Lake Chapala area, so if there any there, let's communicate.
0 x

Return to “Red de Preppers México (Mexico Preppers Network)”