• Advertisement

Major disaster/ close call....warning!!!!!

Post emergencies and disaster alerts here.
peppercorn

Major disaster/ close call....warning!!!!!

Postby peppercorn » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:12 am

Ok I know some wont think this should be here but I would consider it a disaster.... I just about killed sh&t head today..I didnt mean to ofcourse.. I was out treating some wood products in the yard with linseed oil...boiled linseed oil, the phone was ringing in the house so I set my container down and went in to answer it
pic00007 434.jpg
pic00007 434.jpg (53.54 KiB) Viewed 679 times

I was yaping away on the phone and looked out and there was the dog with his face in the bowl....I yelled at him and he wouldnt stop...I had to chase him away from the stuff...I dont think he got to drink much but this stuff must be like crack for dogs as even with the bowl gone he was back trying to lick up drops of it off the snow...So I got thinking about this, and the dogs I have had, my friends have had and the close calls and fatal ones....so how about we all just add to this what we have all learned to help keep fido safe..I will go first.

Never leave linseed oil around!
Never fall trees with dogs running around
Never tie a dogs leash to a vehicle ever
0 x
a puppet is free, so long as it likes its strings.

peppercorn

Re: Major disaster/ close call....warning!!!!!

Postby peppercorn » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:15 am

I went and looked up the data sheet on boiled linsead oil...it looks like it isnt too toxic.....so maybe my dog would have been ok....I thought it was like anti freeze.
0 x
a puppet is free, so long as it likes its strings.

oldschool
Canada

Re: Major disaster/ close call....warning!!!!!

Postby oldschool » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm

I would call that a close call. After reading up on it, I can see why he was drinking it.

As you probably know, raw linseed oil, sold as flaxseed oil in the grocery store, is edible and considered by some to be a health food supplement. To make boiled linseed oil, metal salts are added. They cause the oil to dry faster. While these render boiled linseed oil inedible, you'd have to consume a decent amount before it would be toxic.
0 x

Return to “Disaster Alert”