• Advertisement

Now Canada is joining the bandwagon..

Discussions regarding the world financial crises
OldTimeGardener

Now Canada is joining the bandwagon..

Postby OldTimeGardener » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:40 am

.... which allows banks to turn "certain liabilities" very quickly into regulatory capital.

It's not just Cyprus, and no - it's not just Canada either. I'm preparing a list of specific banks that I have 1st hand knowledge that would prevent me from keeping my money in them. Get "Cyprus'd"!!!

http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed...nk-deposits-ba
0 x
A sense of humor is absolutely essential to survival.

Cares

Re: Now Canada is joining the bandwagon..

Postby Cares » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:17 am

Oooops...link didn't work, can you try again please :?
0 x

OldTimeGardener

Postby OldTimeGardener » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:42 am

0 x
A sense of humor is absolutely essential to survival.

oldschool
Canada

Postby oldschool » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:02 am

it works, I have book marked it to read later
0 x

ICRCC

Postby ICRCC » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:28 pm

For those who thought they would never take such steps here in this country it must have been quite a shock. Rather than the Government stepping in and bailing out a failed bank it is placed on those who borrow from or have assets in the failed bank. That our Government would go ahead and enact such a plan says something of its opinion of the banking system. The problem is that the depositors and customers of the banks have absolutely no way of controlling the operations, fiscal directional and the amount of risk that the bank takes. If they did it is not likely that the banks would get into such deep trouble in the first place. I am not one for over regulation but if there was ever a sector of the economy that was under regulated and controlled by a small number of elitists it is the banking sector.
0 x

frugalcanadaprepper

Postby frugalcanadaprepper » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:15 am

ICRCC wrote:For those who thought they would never take such steps here in this country it must have been quite a shock. Rather than the Government stepping in and bailing out a failed bank it is placed on those who borrow from or have assets in the failed bank. That our Government would go ahead and enact such a plan says something of its opinion of the banking system. The problem is that the depositors and customers of the banks have absolutely no way of controlling the operations, fiscal directional and the amount of risk that the bank takes. If they did it is not likely that the banks would get into such deep trouble in the first place. I am not one for over regulation but if there was ever a sector of the economy that was under regulated and controlled by a small number of elitists it is the banking sector.

If you read the Canadian 2013 budget pages 143-145 you will see the actual words for yourself. Plus where the source of these "bail-in" changes come from: the G-20 meetings. This means that every country who attends G-20 meetings potentially have written the same terms in their 2013 budgets. But hey, they don't even need to vote on little things like stealing the people's money... it's just a new "fee" or "tax" or "levy" or whatever word floats the IMF's boat.
0 x
“The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children.”
― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

carbon04

Postby carbon04 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:32 pm

0 x
"I think that I am very reasonable therefore ......." ICRCC

Return to “Global Currency Crises”