• Advertisement

Time to dig some holes, fill some matresses?

Discussions regarding the world financial crises
RU Really
Canada

Postby RU Really » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:06 pm

0 x

Siberios

Re: Time to dig some holes, fill some matresses?

Postby Siberios » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:53 pm

I would classify this as Fear Mongering in an effort to make a profit from selling silver and gold. Sadly, some will see this as an opportunity to convert some of their money through this scheme and then again pay at the other end when the time comes to cash them in.
0 x

RU Really
Canada

Postby RU Really » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:58 pm

Thanks for the warning, Siberios. I'll try not to be unduly afraid, and stay away from the precious metals.

RU
0 x

Siberios

Postby Siberios » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:04 pm

Well not exactly saying stay away but I'd suggest buying from the bank or Mint... reputation means more to me.
0 x

RU Really
Canada

Postby RU Really » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:21 pm

While I appreciate your suggestion Siberios, it's the reputation the banks have that concerns me.
You'll notice that the advertising on the site which had the article I posted was primarily for ASE's (American Silver Eagles) at significantly lower premiums than ScotiaBANK offers. ASE's are recognised all over the world as a product of the American Mint. We have a similar disparrity here with Silver Maples and the banks. Why would you suggest anyone pay more for a globally recognised product of RCM from a bank, when they could achieve the same result from a reputable dealer for 2 to 3 dollars less per coin?
Are you familiar with the reputations of Lehman Brothers and Bear Sterns, or a few of the banks in Cyprus?
The reputations of the banks I've had experience with are that of over charging and fractional reserve ponzi schemes.
My impression of the article I posted had more to do with warning, much like that of letting someone know when a bridge is out. Not paralysing terror. I hope you'll check deeper into the facts presented in the article, as well as the reputation of the writer, Steve Quayle so as to really ascertain fear mongering or not.I hope also you're understanding where I'm coming from.

RU
0 x

Siberios

Postby Siberios » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:28 am

R U Really. I am totally blown away! You are right! We are going to be so screwed over by the banks! And Look! now they are predicting the worst depression EVER!
Must be true! Just read it on the internet!

Gotta stuff my mattress!
0 x

RU Really
Canada

Postby RU Really » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:46 am

You got me, Siberios.
I'll treat your response (which I just read on the internet) with the sober scrutiny that you suggest.
Since you didn't really respond to any of the facts and assertions I presented, I'm curious. Which bank do you work for?

RU
0 x

RU Really
Canada

Postby RU Really » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:13 pm

0 x

De L'eau
Canada

Postby De L'eau » Mon May 20, 2013 9:34 am

Siberios wrote:"I would classify this as Fear Mongering in an effort to make a profit from selling silver and gold..."

Well, you know what they say about 'opinions'....they're just like !@#$@!*%...Everyone's got one! :lol:
0 x
"Our main business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what lies clearly at hand." . ~Thomas Carlyle, 1795-1881

Return to “Global Currency Crises”