We might be onto something ;)

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/disinfla ... YwSUA.html
0 x
I never thought costco shelving could be so amazing

glasshouse
Canada

Re: Deflation?

Postby glasshouse » Thu May 02, 2013 6:36 am

Wow there's no good news in those stats.

"#3 Back during the housing bubble, an acre of land in downtown Phoenix, Arizona sold for about $90 a square foot. Today, an acre in downtown Phoenix sells for about $9 a square foot."

a little bit deflationary.

"#16 The murder rate in Flint, Michigan is higher than the murder rate in Baghdad."

Coming to a city near you!
0 x

Offgridhippie

Postby Offgridhippie » Thu May 02, 2013 3:01 pm

When do you folks see the economic circus starting here in Canada?
0 x

glasshouse
Canada

Postby glasshouse » Fri May 03, 2013 8:19 am

Around here I see more commercial property for lease and for sale than stores open for business. Also, the majority of homes for sale 2 years ago are still on the market today. Theres many unemployed people but our social welfare system masks the effects, at least in the short term. It's at least indicative of a depressed economy. But the circus will come riding the wave of the next few bubbles popping (derivatives market,bonds, household debt)
0 x

Offgridhippie

Postby Offgridhippie » Sun May 05, 2013 6:35 am

glasshouse wrote:Around here I see more commercial property for lease and for sale than stores open for business. Also, the majority of homes for sale 2 years ago are still on the market today.

Any cheap land for sale? ;)
0 x

glasshouse
Canada

Postby glasshouse » Thu May 09, 2013 8:17 pm

In my immediate area people still seem to think its 2007 and some are horribly overpriced (probably the main reason nothing is selling). That said there are some deals to be found :)
0 x

Offgridhippie

Postby Offgridhippie » Fri May 17, 2013 1:37 pm

glasshouse wrote:In my immediate area people still seem to think its 2007 and some are horribly overpriced (probably the main reason nothing is selling). That said there are some deals to be found :)

If you stumble across something in the kootenays please PM me. Where are looking for land in a warmer climate.
0 x

Readysteady

Postby Readysteady » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:16 am

Yes i to watched an interview discussing the fractional lending of gold reserves. It became a panic when Germany wanted out of the game and asked the us to give it back. Its been leased so many links down the line its hard to tell if they will ever come up with it all.

Thats the reason for the gold price dip. Make a panic sell to scare up amounts rebounding back and then paying back the germans.

Its a concern when countries like china and Germany are scrambling to get physical gold.

China is 1 st or 2nd in production, but also 1st or 2nd in importing gold. None ever exported.

Now whos prepping?
0 x

Offgridhippie

Postby Offgridhippie » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:00 am

Readysteady wrote:Its a concern when countries like china and Germany are scrambling to get physical gold.

China is 1 st or 2nd in production, but also 1st or 2nd in importing gold. None ever exported.

Now whos prepping?

We are!!!

I wonder if the US foriegn policy is catching up to them?? I think we are going to see a shift in the world reserve currency - it is just matter of time or the market crumbling. The macro data doesn't support the song and

dance of the vested media and the so called recovery story being told. It is sad to see so many people clueless of what's going on... buy buy buy :lol:
0 x

Readysteady

Postby Readysteady » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:29 am

I guess really know you can survive mentally. And have the will to live uncomfortably if needed.

All seaweed is eatable. Even if your preps are overrun and all you have is heavy clothes an a knife. You can make it
0 x

Return to “Global Currency Crises”