• Advertisement

Ukraine: Daily Update

Discussions regarding wars around the globe
Knuckle
x 11

Re: Ukraine: Daily Update

Postby Knuckle » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:40 pm

prom wrote:
Here is one simple question for you: name one country that at this point has invaded and annexed a territory that, at the beginning of the year, belonged to a sovereign Ukraine.

The answer should be only the name of a country, a country that annexed a portion of what was internationally recognized ukrainian territory. No links to obscure youtube videos or personal comments, just a name of a country.

I have another question for you if you answer this one correctly.


Did you miss what I stated earlier, that the legitimate PM of Ukraine was hiding in Russia due to a coup being orchestrated by the EU. In Russia's perspective, they had both the PM and Crimea's invite(96% vote it seems) to go in. The US & EU jumped to support the new leader (you know why) and started this whole event with the spin that Russia was the invader with our media. This is fact and if you won't even ask yourself why we immediately backed the coup instead of trying to restore the PM, you've already started down the wrong path. If you don't ask why the east has so much video footage and the west doesn't regarding violent acts against them, then you know simply want to believe in your governments stand on this instead.

Many to date still deny that 9/11 was an orchestrated event to give the US reason to invade Iraq. While those in power tried so hard to destroy all evidence, the lies were so full of holes that the wary saw thru them without much effort. The majority of the people still refuse to accept this overwhelming evidence(too much to start into here) which would dethrone those who created it, yet do nothing because they would then have to admit their country were the aggressors all along.

Today's governments count on the human statistic that 2/3 of the people (sheeple) will simply follow a given direction presented by others. With those tactics the Germans used to conceal events of the Holocaust from the majority of their people, later governments discovered that the media was a wonderful tool to manipulate the masses. If you wish to ignore the real evidence ( as would be defined in a courtroom) and instead believe that a coup detate produced a fair election which also happened to suit our needs, then you likely believe that Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Syria are much better off now that they were invaded too. And with a track record of disinformation that our media played throughout all these past events, you'd think that one might not accept their tales, hook, line and sinker!

Show me proof of any decent armies that we have fought in any of these conflicts. All that you see on TV is some "rebel" with an AK or rocket launcher wearing his civilian clothes, untrained and trying to operate that which he was not trained to do. Where are their tanks and artillery, their jets and helicopters? How can they win against our armies with so little? Yet we swallow the story that they somehow provoked our rath and deserve our justice of beating them into the stone age. Your TV holds my proof of this...where is yours?

Here is a famous American talking about this takeover.... Ethics Professor Noam Chomsky on Ukraine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE9cJ_8ur3A
0 x

Knuckle
x 11

Re: Ukraine: Daily Update

Postby Knuckle » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:00 pm

01 Jun Morning

- US Vice President's son is now on board with Ukraine's gas company https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MSZ6KUQmdI
try to explain this one away...the obvious connections are impossible to deny.

There seems to be no more news other than that of the EU. RT now seems very limited in it's American news and all others are blocked. No footage is getting out of the Ukraine or being allowed on You Tube. Some may think this is just. I see it as another evolutionary step to the diminishing our democratic system. We are becoming more controlled by government actions that better fits the definition of fascism than democracy these days.

I can see no reason to continue this thread anymore as all I have left to present to you is conjecture. The proof that I shared of atrocities occurring in Ukraine can longer be acquired. The only perspective that we will see regarding this crisis is now totally that which our government wishes us to see. Just remember that other countries do not share a common view of this event because they can still see the other perspective and still see who the obvious aggressor really is.

~ Knuckle ~
0 x

scrounger
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:53 am
x 5
x 30
Canada

Re: Ukraine: Daily Update

Postby scrounger » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:05 pm

Knuckle wrote:
This isn't supposed to be a competition of who finds dirt on who.



Actually I wasn't playing tit for tat on dirt. Just providing a rebuttal to this

Knuckle wrote:They are not bombarded by the false media we are presented daily.


Any chance you will answer Proms question? FYI, the "invite" as you term it happened after the Russians had already occupied Crimea, not before. Your timeline is off quite a bit. But lets not have facts get in the way of a good theory.

Knuckle wrote:Did you miss what I stated earlier, that the legitimate PM of Ukraine was hiding in Russia due to a coup being orchestrated by the EU. In Russia's perspective, they had both the PM and Crimea's invite(96% vote it seems) to go in.


Seems like he had good reason to hide. :lol:


http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1169 ... de-he-fled

http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/posts/201 ... _of_himelf
0 x

Knuckle
x 11

Re: Ukraine: Daily Update

Postby Knuckle » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:40 am

Now I never said that Yanakovich wasn't dirty. And I know too that Russia has centuries of history regarding warfare and slaughter. But they still are not the cause of this present conflict. There is a new kid on the block who has only gained more cunning and strength over the last 60 years. He has studied the art of war thru deception and is ready to take on the big boys! That is how they play the game. Gather dirt on your opponent and use it as leverage to control him . We can find dirt on pretty much any person who is involved in politics for very long. The bottom line is that the US started the riots as a rebuttal to being dropping for Russia instead. The recorded phone calls with plotting from Newlund showed the beginnings of this game and the first under- estimations of Russia being asleep at the wheel. When Russia saw that they might lose their hold on Crimea, they likely ensured they were invited, but at least they stayed within their rights of number of persons allowed there as set by their previous agreement. So in this way, they did keep it all legal in the eyes of the world. It was after this that the new dictator argued and then Crimea held elections with 27 countries in witness to overseeing their fairness. And to date they still haven't broken any rule as their election occurred before the new supposed government took office.

You still deny the motive and outcome of this takeover. The EU wants the gas that Ukraine has. This coup seemed to come at just the moment that they would otherwise have lost this deal. Harper's stupid statement that they had to help them back onto the Euro-Atlantic path is like an admission that even Canada participated in the creation of this coup to attain this goal. So be it! The EU is in...now what? The US will set up another military base and continue it's completion of the missile defense system that Russia said they would not allow as it threatens encampment, which breaks another earlier agreement while the EU gets their gas at a huge discount from the Ukraine which reduces their reliance on Russia for gas.(wouldn't it have been cheaper to just buy it instead?)

And meanwhile Russia is just going to allow themselves to backed into a corner? No sentient being likes being cornered, yet Russia's continual backing down shows they don't want a fight. Their naval war games with China should be a warning not too push any harder because they can be stopped. But then why is the US is also threatening China with military actions over some puny islands near Japan. Why threaten 2 major countries at the same time? That seems to be just begging for trouble. Why entice these two opponents to stand together against the UN? It's like saying the game isn't balanced enough so we'll give you...how about China?....Will you fight us now? ....What else do you want....let's see if India wants to play yet...!

You know the saying that it takes two to make a marriage, but only one to break a marriage? Does that sort of logic work with countries who are trying to get along (or not) too?
0 x

Knuckle
x 11

Re: Ukraine: Daily Update

Postby Knuckle » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:32 pm

02 Jun Afternoon

- a CCTV camera in Lugansk captures explosion from jet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzYBnKt0phc
hard to imagine what the target was but it seems to be traveling forward

- graphic aftermath of above attack on civilian population https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofeZ-P_P0eA

- compilation from east attacks, school and hospital hit, at 39:20 shows dead civilians from attacks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ-fqg1GU98

- US pledges 18 Million to Ukraine defenses https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3kT-lHAE5Q

- a decent short NBC explanation of Ukraine's geographical differences https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQjYQzzlcMI

- amateur rebel video in Lugansk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7jS9Smury0

- civilian video showing Ukraine aerial dominance by Ukraine jet and helicopters https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPrN0QeNxFM

- Ukraine News: Russia aks UN to stop violence https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFBlJLmEjh4
0 x

prom
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:14 am
Location: Calgary
x 1

Re: Ukraine: Daily Update

Postby prom » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:11 am

Knuckle wrote:
prom wrote:
Here is one simple question for you: name one country that at this point has invaded and annexed a territory that, at the beginning of the year, belonged to a sovereign Ukraine.

The answer should be only the name of a country, a country that annexed a portion of what was internationally recognized ukrainian territory. No links to obscure youtube videos or personal comments, just a name of a country.

I have another question for you if you answer this one correctly.


Did you miss what I stated earlier, that the legitimate PM of Ukraine was hiding in Russia due to a coup being orchestrated by the EU. In Russia's perspective, they had both the PM and Crimea's invite(96% vote it seems) to go in. The US & EU jumped to support the new leader (you know why) and started this whole event with the spin that Russia was the invader with our media. This is fact and if you won't even ask yourself why we immediately backed the coup instead of trying to restore the PM, you've already started down the wrong path.


blah blah blah. it was s simple question with a very simple answer and you knew the answer but it wasn't helping your case so , that's why you chose not to answer it. It was clear evidence that your statement was wrong. I know why the US & EU jumped to support the new leader, because it was in their interest, that doesn't prove anything. The most important thing is that the new leader was supported by ukrainians. And it wasn't a dictator. If he was he would have still been in power. A smart dictator would stay in power at leas a year. If he would not have been supported, people would have been back in the streets to oust him like they did with the previous one. At this point Ukraine has an elected president through free and democratic elections, not like the ones in Crimea. You're also wrong when you say it was a coup. Let me remind how the whole thing started. Yanukovych was supposed to sign an association agreement with EU but then changed his mind. Ukrainians didn't like that and took to the streets asking for his resignation. There were between 20k and 100k people in the streets. No spying agency in the world can convince thousands of people to demonstrate in the streets no matter how good that agency is. Those people weren't even sheeple, they knew what they wanted, they wanted in the EU, just like people in the rest of the eastern block wanted. You know, Ceasusescu, the romanian dictator kept on calling it coup until they shot him :) . You probably think that the liberation movements in eastern europe in the 80s were coups too, orchestrated by the CIA and FBI? And I couldn't prove you wrong but the better question is , was it worth it for those countries? I'd say it was. And not just for them , for the western world too. Half of Europe is turned from dictatorships and collapsed economies to be democracies with functional free market economies with political and economical systems integrated with the western europeans countries in what it's now EU.

It's not hard to see why Ukrainians would want in EU, they look at the political system in Russia and then at EU and it's not hard to choose. Might be for you but for them it's not. You keep offending and dismissing the actions of the Ukrainian people (for ex calling them fascists) without any real evidence and that is not very nice of you.

BTW, if you hate the western world so much you can always emigrate. There still are a few options left, Russia, North Korea, Iran. I'm sure they will accept your application.

What would you have expected EU to do to restore the PM? Invading the country ? To restore a PM that was against them? Doesn't make sense. Or maybe they shouldn't have done anything and let the Putin, the Saviour of the world deal with the problem.

Knuckle wrote:If you don't ask why the east has so much video footage and the west doesn't regarding violent acts against them, then you know simply want to believe in your governments stand on this instead.

Not sure why, maybe the KGB had more resources in the area than CIA ?

Knuckle wrote:
Many to date still deny that 9/11 was an orchestrated event to give the US reason to invade Iraq. While those in power tried so hard to destroy all evidence, the lies were so full of holes that the wary saw thru them without much effort. The majority of the people still refuse to accept this overwhelming evidence(too much to start into here) which would dethrone those who created it, yet do nothing because they would then have to admit their country were the aggressors all along.

If you wish to ignore the real evidence ( as would be defined in a courtroom) and instead believe that a coup detate produced a fair election which also happened to suit our needs, then you likely believe that Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Syria are much better off now that they were invaded too. And with a track record of disinformation that our media played throughout all these past events, you'd think that one might not accept their tales, hook, line and sinker!


The problem is what you see as real evidence I see BS, not sure who's, but also not relevant.
Iraq, western troops withdrawn and a dictatorship ended, Afghanistan - talibans removed from power, Libya dictatorship ended, no western troops ever touched ground there, Syria - trying to remove a dictator, they are still working on it. The first four countries are now free to build their future, vote for their leaders and so on. And they are doing it according to their abilities. Are they going to succeed ? Nobody knows. Is it going to take time? Of course , and lots. Is US trying to control governments there? Of course it will. Is it ethical, probably not. Mostly because US government is not really a standard for ethical government. It will only depend on them how they will work with the western world. Will their politicians accept to be bribed and sell their countries to corporations or are they going to fight the corporations and try to do something for their people? US never attacked and invaded a sovereign free democratic country in the last 50 years. Did they attack Island when they didn't go the mainstream way and fix their financial crisis with bailouts? I don't think so. Island it's still a free country and in good relations with the western world as far as I know.

Knuckle wrote:Here is a famous American talking about this takeover.... Ethics Professor Noam Chomsky on Ukraine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE9cJ_8ur3A


Just because he's famous and an ethics professor doesn't mean he's right. He's comparing Crimea takeover by the russians with an event that happened 110 years ago. Do you have any idea how many regions in Europe and around the world have changed hands for the last 110 years? How about the last 1000 years. Where do we draw the line? This way any aggression can be justified. He's ridiculous.
One reason EU is good is because inside EU it doesn't matter if you're a polish national leaving in germany or a hungarian leaving in slovakia, as long as your rights are respected and you have the right to move and work into any of the EU members.


I never called you crazy. What I said was that you are too obsessed with Conspiracy Theories and the corruption in the corporatist western governments and this was preventing you from seeing things straight. It was an honest advice and I didn't mean to offend you.
0 x

Knuckle
x 11

Re: Ukraine: Daily Update

Postby Knuckle » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:01 am

Seems that you simply call facts theory and tag it a conspiracy rhetoric.

- 9/11 set so many records such as only steel structures to fall into own footprint(without supposedly being demo'd) in mans history, not once but 3 times in one day. With molten metal forming a pool and taking weeks to cool (only thermite could do that), and 1,700 architects calling BS, it's just a conspiracy theory!

- With over 500,000 children alone dead in Iraq from US intervention (while they mourn their 3,500 US soldiers), it is hard to imagine they are grateful for American occupation.

- Gaddafi was branded a tyrant by the US, yet here's some facts about Libya you likely don't want to know:

1. There was no electricity bill in Libya; electricity is free for all its citizens.

2. There was no interest on loans, banks in Libya are state-owned and loans given to all its citizens at 0% interest by law.

3. Home considered a human right in Libya – Gaddafi vowed that his parents would not get a house until everyone in Libya had a home. Gaddafi’s father has died while him, his wife and his mother are still living in a tent.

4. All newlyweds in Libya receive $60,000 Dinar (US$50,000 ) by the government to buy their first apartment so to help start up the family.

5. Education and medical treatments are free in Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25% of Libyans are literate. Today the figure is 83%.

6. Should Libyans want to take up farming career, they would receive farming land, a farming house, equipments, seeds and
livestock to kick- start their farms – all for free.

7. If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they need in Libya, the government funds them to go abroad for it –
not only free but they get US$2, 300/mth accommodation and car allowance.

8. In Libyan, if a Libyan buys a car, the government subsidized 50% of the price.

9. The price of petrol in Libya is $0. 14 per liter.

10. Libya has no external debt and its reserves amount to $150 billion – now frozen globally.

11. If a Libyan is unable to get employment after graduation the state would pay the average salary of the profession as if he or
she is employed until employment is found.

12. A portion of Libyan oil sale is, credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens.

13. A mother who gave birth to a child receive US $5 ,000

14. 40 loaves of bread in Libya costs $ 0.15

15. 25% of Libyans have a university degree

16. Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the Great Man-Made River project, to make water readily
available throughout the desert country.

Thankfully us Canadian's never partook in the invasion of Iraq but we did help in the overthrow of Libya only because Gaddafi wanted to drop the US dollar for trade in gold. Yes, I think that you ignore these details and quote the censored media like most sheeple do. It is far easier to ignore these details than to confront the idea that we too scared to speak out against our government's aptness to kiss the US's butt these days.

Ukraine obviously had it's issues , but the riot was backed and staged and the US doesn't even deny the authenticity of the recorded phone calls. They just act as if they never existed. Those calls alone prove that the US was behind the riots, yet you keep ignoring them too. It took lots of money and coercion to provoke the people of the west to rise up and riot. There were lots of promises made to bad people to instigate this. They capitalized on sore points that the west wouldn't prosper now the PM went with Russia instead. The videos of youth's yelling "zeig heil" shows who was behind the violence at the start. Your refusal to even consider that we are backing the fascists is testimony in your narrow minded approach that I am on the wrong side when I use fact over fiction throughout this whole thread. My whole and only motive is to make others aware that we being lied to. Some day it may be your or my child or grandchild yelling "Zeig Heil" because we didn't say no this!
0 x

Knuckle
x 11

Re: Ukraine: Daily Update

Postby Knuckle » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:10 pm

03 Jun Morning

- RT News: Russia calls emergency meeting for UN to stop violence https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCAmsVtVQWU

- Press TV: shows damage from bombing the east https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9XBx9e1abE

- New York Times: Russia's reach into the east https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lsi4gXyyC8

- Euro news: Ukraine denies yesterdays aircraft attack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWd90FoRXBs
their theory of them misusing an anti-aircraft rocket doesn't consider that they would still only be using it if they were under attack

- Yesterdays missle path after the cleanup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyuCkhyx8tk

- US Ron Paul's take on the Ukraine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOuojdKegDw

- Fox News: Ron Paul's take on Russia in Crimea https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Idkgr_v4GU
the end statement by the narrator of this video is disavowing the earlier proof that the US instigated these riots by using the west's preference towards the EU option as reason to accept their puppet leader instead.

Maybe the UN can step in a it should do what it was supposedly designed to do...maintain international peace... But only after a successful takeover and new government have been established as has occurred in other similar situations.
0 x

Knuckle
x 11

Re: Ukraine: Daily Update

Postby Knuckle » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:29 am

03 Jun Afternoon

- a very gruesome video compilation asking to save those in east Ukraine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNZ1i-yb5iE

- the west has more new outfits and gear to kill easterners with... who's paying for this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEneVlDAskg

- stacked artillery shells is proof they used artillery on Slavyansk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuiZdsBZPp8

- NATO mentions further plans and suggests others have to pay too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7e56iAQa2M

- Ukraine News: US sanctions allow US to seize Russian assets https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eyR8i5L3S0
seems we don't hear it that way when they tell us of new sanctions :?

- Russia helps free OCSE observers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LehW16Uk_0s
0 x

User avatar
Antsy
Posts: 412
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:44 pm
x 7
Netherlands

Re: Ukraine: Daily Update

Postby Antsy » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:39 pm

A quick list of current world conflicts and fatalities associated with them:

1,000+ deaths per year

Conflicts in the following list are currently causing at least 1000 violent deaths per year, a categorization used by the Uppsala Conflict Data Program[2] and recognised by the United Nations.[3][4]
Start of conflict Conflict Continent Location Cumulative fatalities Fatalities in 2013 Fatalities in 2014
1978 War in Afghanistan Asia Afghanistan 1,405,111-2,084,468[10] 5,648[11] 64[19]
1991 Somali Civil War Africa Somalia Somaliland 500,000+[20][21] 3,150[22] 854[23]
1998 Al-Qaeda insurgency in Yemen Asia Yemen 3,711[24] 133-150+[b] 200[41]
2001 Islamist insurgency in Nigeria Africa Nigeria 10,700+[45] 1,614[46] 2,081+[69]
2004 War in North-West Pakistan Asia Pakistan 52,000[70] 5,366[70] 1,478[87]
2006 Mexican Drug War North America Mexico 150,000+[88] 11,788[89] 66+[90][91]
2011 Egyptian Crisis Africa Egypt 4,300+[97] 1000+[citation needed] 79[109]-310
2011 Syrian Civil War Asia Syria 162,411+[115] 73,455[116] 16,680+[119]
2011 Iraqi insurgency Asia Iraq 18,571[120] 7,818[121] 4,050[125]
2012 Central African Republic conflict Africa CAR 2,000+[citation needed] 886-1,006+[d] 1,211+[23]
2013 South Sudanese Civil War Africa South Sudan 10,000+[126] 10,000+[126] 415+[134]
Other conflicts - Fewer than 1,000 deaths per year

Note:

Listed conflicts are at least 25 cumulative deaths in total and at least 1 death in current or past year.
Italics indicate disputed territories and unrecognized states.

Start of conflict Conflict Continent Location Cumulative fatalities Fatalities in 2013 Fatalities in 2014
1918 Kurdish separatism in Iran Asia Iran 34,000+[135] 38-39[a] 1[136]
1945 Korean conflict Asia North Korea South Korea 4,500,000+[137] 1[138] 0
1947 Kashmir conflict Asia India Pakistan 43,293–68,000[139][140] 172[139] 40[4][141]
1948 Israeli–Palestinian conflict Asia Israel Palestine 21,500[142] 31[154] 17[163][164]
1948 Balochistan conflict Asia Pakistan 3,679+[165][166] 144+[165] 86+[170][171]
1948 Internal conflict in Burma Asia Burma 210,000[172] 240+[173] 48+[174]
1963 Papua conflict Oceania Indonesia 400,000[178] 23+[187] 7[192]
1964 Insurgency in Northeast India Asia India 25,000[193] 197[70] 91[4]
1964 Colombian conflict (1964–present)South America Colombia 220,000-600,000[194][195] 448[196][197][198][199][200] 116[201][202][203]
1967 Naxalite–Maoist insurgency Asia India 13,812[204][205] 384[citation needed] 108[206]
1969 Communist insurgency in the Philippines Asia Philippines 43,388+[207] 31+[208][209] 6[210]
1969 Moro insurgency in the Philippines[207] Asia Philippines 120,000[211] 287+[226] 74[231]
1980 Internal conflict in Peru South America Peru 70,000+[citation needed] 6+[236]
1982 Casamance conflict Africa The Gambia Senegal 5,000[237] 5+[238]
1984 Kurdish–Turkish conflict Asia Turkey 45,000–100,000[243] 21-22[f] 4[244][245]
1987 Lord's Resistance Army insurgency Africa Uganda/DRC CAR South Sudan 200,000 - 500,000[246] 47+ (civilians)[247]
1988 Nagorno-Karabakh conflict Asia Nagorno-Karabakh Republic Armenia Azerbaijan 27,287-38,027[252] 2+[253] 7[259]
1989 Xinjiang conflict Asia China 2,000-3,000[citation needed] 88[265] 77[266][267][268][269]
2002 Insurgency in the Maghreb (2002–present) Africa Algeria/Mali/Tunisia/Mauritania/Niger 6,000[270][unreliable source?] 55+[271] 28[276]
2003 War in Darfur Africa Sudan 178,258-461,520[277] 431[283] 79[284]
2004 Shia insurgency in Yemen Asia Yemen 25,000[285] 100+[286] 207[298]
2004 Conflict in the Niger Delta Africa Nigeria 4,000-10,000[299] 123[300]
2004 South Thailand insurgency Asia Thailand 5,469+[301] 180+[302] 18[311]
2005 Paraguayan People's Army insurgency South America Paraguay 36[314]-100+ 11+[317] 3[313]
2007 ADF insurgency Africa Democratic Republic of the Congo DRC 47+[citation needed] 63+[323] 288[328]
2009 Sudanese nomadic conflicts Africa South Sudan/Sudan 7,441[332] 869+[citation needed]
2009 Insurgency in the North Caucasus Europe Russia 2,198+[337] 529[338] 18[344]
2009 South Yemen insurgency Asia Yemen 1,554+[345][346] 10+[347] 13 [32]
2011 Sudan–SRF conflict Africa Sudan/South Sudan 4,900+[348] 10+[349][350]
2011 Syrian Civil War spillover in Lebanon Asia Lebanon 325[citation needed] 200+[citation needed] 54[360]
2011 Post-civil war violence in Libya Africa Libya 1,371 - 1,397[citation needed] 165-166+[citation needed] 486+[23][361]
2012 Northern Mali conflict Africa Mali 765 - 2,397+[376] 9+[e] 94[382]
2014 2014 pro-Russian conflict in Ukraine Europe Ukraine 200+ 0 200+ [404]

I can't help but wonder why the last conflict with so little loss of life is warranting so much attention in contrast to so many others? Is it that it's just the most recent? Or is it that the Ukrainians have the same skin colour as us? It seems to me that there are conflicts that deserve to be put under the magnifying glass much more than Ukraine.
0 x
Needs must when the devil drives.


Return to “War”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest