• Advertisement

Ukraine hunger in Donetsk

Discussions regarding wars around the globe
RT_survive
Canada

Ukraine hunger in Donetsk

Postby RT_survive » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:23 pm

I know there's a Ukraine daily update thread, but I didn't want this one to get lost in the replies.

As preppers, our food storage is a critical advantage for survival. It is hard to imagine grocery store shelves going empty... until they do.

Check out the shelves at Donetsk, Ukraine.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=dc9_1407319344
0 x

Knuckle

Re: Ukraine hunger in Donetsk

Postby Knuckle » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:41 pm

At least they didn't destroy the store in their haste. Their videos show that alot of the country in the east appears to be farmland. Therefore there should likely be grains and other vegetables to scavenge nearby.

It is still sad though that many ignore the plight of those in the east as the west seems intent on totally annihilating them for their resources. Instead we just take a glimpse into their plight and then go about our day as usual.
0 x

Knuckle

Postby Knuckle » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:39 pm

Seems things are definitely getting bad in the east

- Russia urges International aid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8fHUdKSVHQ

- thousands evacuate to Russia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z19mmaTxdek

Ukraine has started to Draft Soldiers

Seems Ukraine is getting desperate for more soldiers. Here is a translated news article https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5DdJAD3o5E

- CNN's perspective on this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aJz7eFa1XE
0 x

endangeredspecies

Postby endangeredspecies » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:32 pm

one of my friend living in hawaii show me yesturday water shortage and price raise up because of 2 hurricane
2 x 357 ml water bottle for 9$
damn this is insane im glad to be prepare
0 x

Knuckle

Postby Knuckle » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:04 pm

Seems Canada has come to Ukraine's rescue with 4.5 million in aid......wait, that's military aid! Even Canada now openly supplies west Ukraine in their civil war to beat the east while Russia isn't supposed to move a inch towards defending their own border without being considered aggressive.... something a little twisted here.... :roll:
- but it's supposed to be only non lethal gear such as bullet proof vest and helmets...
-shouldn't we at least give some to both sides to keep things fair? And the majority by far of those dying are on the other side...I'd say they need them more... :cry:

Meanwhile US warns Russia they cannot provide humanitarian aid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__Q47fkIrys
I think someone wants a fight....I wonder who?
0 x

endangeredspecies

Postby endangeredspecies » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:47 pm

Knuckle wrote: Canada now openly supplies west Ukraine in their civil war to beat the east while Russia isn't supposed to move a inch towards defending their own border without being considered aggressive.... something a little twisted here.... :roll:

i was very disiappointed wen i read this news :shock: :shock: :shock:
shame on my country :cry:
0 x

prom

Postby prom » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:37 am

endangeredspecies wrote:
Knuckle wrote: Canada now openly supplies west Ukraine in their civil war to beat the east while Russia isn't supposed to move a inch towards defending their own border without being considered aggressive.... something a little twisted here.... :roll:

i was very disiappointed wen i read this news :shock: :shock: :shock:
shame on my country :cry:

I was glad when I read the news. There is no shame in helping a country who stands against Putin and his clique.
Bu what does the canadian non lethal help for Ukrainian army have to do with the hunger in Donetsk. ?
And I wish you'll never experience Russian style peace keeping. Eastern europe was "liberated" by the red army it in 1945 and it took 45 years to recover. I'm kind of tired of people that have no clue what is going on in that part of the world but are making statements and expressing opinions about events that they have no connection with.

RT_survive wrote:I know there's a Ukraine daily update thread, but I didn't want this one to get lost in the replies.

That thread was locked by admin due to "Knuckle" posting links to an youtube video "promoting hatred against an identifiable group, which would contravene the law" and because "thread has degraded into the anti government agenda"
0 x

farmgal
Canada

Postby farmgal » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:22 pm

Well, I am not taking sides in this one, I have my own thoughts on what Canada has been doing in this regards, and I will keep them to myself..

However I will say this.. all my friends who are in fact Russian and or married or common-in-law with Russian spouses support Russia, which to be honest surprised me, given they live in Canada for a reason :)

But they as a whole and there is a few of them, (and none of them know each other) all feel very strongly that the area being fought over does belong to Russia.

I want you to just stop and think about that for a min.. It certainly took me back a bit.. I didn't point in fact ask them their thoughts on it either, they either brought it up themselves or they commented on posts in regards to what Canada was choosing to do and the lastest round has been when I talked about the sanctions being brought on Canada in regards to our food exports.

Where it got really interesting to me is that I only have three friends from Ukraine, and every single one of them still has family and close ties, all three say that this is all politics, US, Europe and Russia all flexing muscle with the country caught in the middle of the push shove (ok so I am taking what they said into the most basic lang, but really from a calm way of saying it to a hand waving getting louder by the second talk )

It was interesting to get first hand point of views rather then just read things on the net..
0 x
http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

endangeredspecies

Postby endangeredspecies » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:36 pm

canada should remain neutral , but has always we are just a puppet of usa

prom personaly i like putin and hes clique
0 x

Knuckle

Postby Knuckle » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:51 pm

And believe it or not, I don't like Putin anymore the Obama!

I think Putin is likely as dangerous, but just not in the mood for battle as he cautiously avoids making any move that can be considered aggressive. And I do admire Putin for being a great strategist, especially in such a bad situation. He seems to gather a following because he has remained level headed when confronted by a bully, and thus those who abhor oppression rally behind him. Putin doesn't let his pride get in the way of logic. He knows that there is another trap being set at every move he makes, and yet he manages to avoid stepping in them and setting off their predetermined chain of events. Yet his enemy further tightens the gauntlet and still he does not react. How can you not admire his calm demeanor under such pressures?

As events progress, it is becoming more evident (even to those who want to believe otherwise), that the EU and NATO are the puppeteers of this crisis. I often see news clips showing Germany, Australia and France reporters showing atrocities that are being committed against the east Ukrainians and know that I am not alone in my views. I want to post many of these but eventually drop them because they often contain other content that might set off our viewers to believe that I am therefore more biased than already viewed by some(whose names I won't mention). :lol:

The point here is that maybe Putin is even holding out hope that public opinion within the countries of NATO or the EU will stop this obvious march towards a possible WW3. We can see even the media still can't sway all into backing such an obvious progression.....but is there enough protest yet to stop the momentum? Not that I see.

The US news is often debating the new laws that Obama put into place regarding his ability to circumvent Parliament's decision and proceed anyways. This seems more like a stage is being set for Obama to bring the US into a war before the people can vote him out of office. Once they are knee deep in sh1t, they have to continue the struggle to get out, much like what the Iraq invasion involved...just this is on a much grander scale!

And Canada is just a pawn in this big game of chess. We are not a piece that any one nation is paying much attention to. Everyone knows that the real play is being staged somewhere behind us. But Canada is a member of the British Commonwealth, and our commitment therefore becomes their commitment. I'd say the countries that play King and Queen in this chess game is Britain and the US(while you decide who is who).

But in the meantime, mankind's greatest chess match has already begun!
Last edited by Knuckle on Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

Return to “War”