• Advertisement

Thoughts on Brussels

Discussions regarding wars around the globe
frugalcanadaprepper

Thoughts on Brussels

Postby frugalcanadaprepper » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:27 am

My prayers for those who lost loved ones or had injuries in Brussels today.

I think it's sad the amount of hate that human beings have for one another.

I was however astounded at a quote on Brietbart from one of the Belgian politicians who said that he couldn't have imagined the scale of horror from the ISIS attack, (paraphrasing here). I can quite easily imagine something like this happening, and not just in some foreign country.
Every time I go into a city to shop or watch a movie, I park my car so it's near an end of a row, backed in so I can leave easily. I look for the exits in every building I go into. I sit facing doors so I can see whose walking through them. You might think I'm paranoid but some of those people in Brussels today may have done a few similar things that saved their lives. Or maybe it didn't make the survival rate much different. I suppose no one knows until the SHTF.
Watch Surviving Disaster with Cade Courtley for tips. Read Gift of Fear by Gavin de Dekker.

ISIS and other stupid hateful ideologies are here too.
0 x
“The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children.”
― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

frugalcanadaprepper

Re: Thoughts on Brussels

Postby frugalcanadaprepper » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:14 am

I guess I should ask if anyone else here does something similarly silly paranoid like me or if we all continue on like life is secure and normal.
0 x
“The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children.”
― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

helicopilot
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby helicopilot » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:01 pm

I'm the same way. I don't think this is paranoia, but certainly hyper-vigilance and frankly, in those days ang age, warranted. I find a majority of large city dwellers are oblivious to their surroundings, walking around with their phone 6" from their faces. Most don't know their neighbours other than maybe saying hello at the mailbox. So when the news outlet come and ask "your neighbour just killed 20 people, did you know him!" All they can do is look surprise and say "s/he looked like a nice quiet person."

Look at the events in Brussels. You're in an airport which just experienced 2 explosions. Do you:

A) gather your family and get out of there ASAP, exiting the building in a non-threatening kind of way,
B) make your way out, helping severely wounded people along the way,
C) get your dang phone out, take video/photos of the-still smouldering scene, post on Facebook and Instagram and wait for JT to come for a selfie together?
0 x

Antsy
Netherlands

Postby Antsy » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:56 pm

:roll:
7hellyears wrote:
frugalcanadaprepper wrote:I guess I should ask if anyone else here does something similarly silly paranoid like me or if we all continue on like life is secure and normal.

Canadians for the most part have a bad reputation of being smug and in denial. They maybe polite or timid to say what's on their minds. In reality they are ostriches until TSHTF and effects them personally.
A good example is the 1917 Halifax explosion of about 4 kilotons (1/3rd the yield of the Hiroshima bomb) Survivors wandered about in shock, denial and thinking irrationally. Let us hope we can be better conditioned and prepared...In a very short time, all hell is about to break loose in this world and Canada will not be exempt.

"Canadians for the most part have a bad reputation of (sic) being smug and in denial."
For whom do we carry this reputation? I personally don't think it smug, oblivious, or 'in denial' to get on with one's life and not dwell on metaphysics. You know the saying; plan first for what's most likely and most disruptive. Work down from there.

Your "good example" is 99 years old and I can't help but think that the reaction to the blast was entirely predictable among any population. From Wikipedia (purveyors of opinion presented as truth), "Relief efforts began almost immediately, and hospitals quickly became full. Rescue trains began arriving from across eastern Canada and the north-eastern United States, but were impeded by a blizzard. Construction of temporary shelters to house the many people left homeless began soon after the disaster."

Finally, just what can you tell us about all hell breaking loose in the "very short time..." to come? I've been stirring the chicken entrails and didn't see a thing about all hell breaking loose. Please be specific.
0 x
Needs must when the devil drives.

Return to “War”