• Advertisement

Winter Weather 2018

Post latest Canadian News and whether here
RachelM
Canada

Re: Winter Weather 2018

Postby RachelM » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:20 pm

kootenay kid wrote:We were snowed in for a couple of days, as the plows were very busy on the main highways. If you don't have a big pick up or the equivelant, you don't get out. For us, we have a little Aveo, with good winters, but couldn't get our driveway plowed as all our regular guys had broken equipment. Our neighbour came over and hand shiveled for us on New Year's Eve. At 63, I can't shovel any more. Just too hard on the old body. Beautiful and sunny today, at -6, I like to go for brisk walks, to see if there are any fresh critter tracks. Saw some Cougar tracks.
Hope the weather moderates for all you folks back east.

Have you considered an ATV? Thats what we use. We have a long country driveway and my now 60 year old father can plow the snow with it. My parents love it as it can do a lot of heavy lifting and carrying for them.
0 x

farmgal
Canada

Postby farmgal » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:22 pm

w had a brief break in the weather for two days and it was lovely, only -10 felt downright warm compared to what we have had and now back in the deep freeze, all those on the east coast in this weather bomb as they are calling it stay safe.
0 x
http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

kootenay kid
Canada

Postby kootenay kid » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:06 am

Yay, plus 2 today, and snowing lightly. Yes, Rachel, we are considering an ATV with blade. Wouldn't mind one with a blower attachment also. Could do wonders with that set up. Can't buy an ATV/quad anywhere right now, as everyone else has the same ideas. Definetly keeping our eyes open for one, as it would be fun to go to the beach on one.....in the summer, that is.
1 x

Clarence
Canada

Postby Clarence » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:57 pm

Hi all. Have no farm animals but always love reading about the various tricks used to keep them healthy. All the best with surviving the winter. Cheers
0 x

Return to “Canadian News and Weather”