• Advertisement

Storm Predictions 2013?

Post latest Canadian News and whether here
RachelM
Canada

Storm Predictions 2013?

Postby RachelM » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:26 pm

Anybody have some storm/weather predictions for 2013?

For Niagara, I've got a feeling we'll be getting some heavy wind storms or thunderstorms, possible even a tornado. Over the past few years, I've noticed our late-summer wind storms have been increasing in both strength and number, although they seem worse to us than the city-folks since it whips across a field at us. That, coupled with the threat of severe solar storms this year, make me think we may have to batten down the hatches and break out the candles at least once or twice this year.

Thoughts?
0 x

WildernessReturn

Re: Storm Predictions 2013?

Postby WildernessReturn » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:29 pm

I think that if a major CME or EMP were to happen, the Tesla designed generators and systems there might be one of the few working sites in North America.

Predictions are for increased storm and social unrest, good luck
0 x

ranger2012

Re: Storm Predictions 2013?

Postby ranger2012 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:02 am

THE UN BRACES FOR STORMY SPACE WEATHER: Forecasters say solar maximum is due in 2013. To prepare, the United Nations is taking steps to organize an international response to stormy space weather. Get the full story from Science@NASA.
The new permanent agenda item of the Science and Technology Subcommittee is an important opportunity to harness the effort of all Members to ensure coordinated global action,” comments Terry Onsager of the United States’ National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

Now that space weather has been elevated to a permanent place on the COPUOS agenda, it will be a matter of regular conversation among UN diplomats, scientists and emergency planners. This is important because, while space is no longer up for grabs, it is still true that in the realm of space weather almost anything can happen.

Learn more about the Committee on Peaceful Uses of Outer Space at: http://www.oosa.unvienna.org/oosa/COPUOS/copuos.html
0 x
"We 'Prep.' to live after a downfall, Not just to survive."

Return to “Canadian News and Weather”