• Advertisement

Introduce yourself here

Introduce yourself here. Let us know what you do to prepare!
Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Introduce yourself here

Postby Denob » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:03 pm

Use this area to introduce yourself to the forum.
0 x

JustABear

Re: Introduce yourself here

Postby JustABear » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:29 pm

Male, 60, lifetime of interest and experience in the outdoors. Ex Military (3 PPCLI), currently a Reg.Nurse working in an ER in Southern Ont. Very "handy" and capable with most things. Been preparing to prep my whole lfe and actively and aware for the quite some time now.
0 x

Mooswa
Canada

Postby Mooswa » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:30 pm

Hi, in my mid-50's and my wife and I live in west central Manitoba, in a very rural area. We quit playing the game a long time ago and learned to live on less, paying cash only for what we need. If we can't pay cash or trade we just don't need it that bad. We hunt, trap, fish and raise some livestock and grow most of our own food. We tie our own flies and reload our ammunition. Heat with wood and cook with wood during the cool weather. We have a propane kitchen range for the warmer months. We do all of our own meat cutting, smoking/curing and sausage.

Most of our friends and family think we are eccentric. :D Maybe we are?! :lol:
0 x
Let no good deed go unpunished.

BCPrepGirl

Postby BCPrepGirl » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:39 am

Hi all...I'm 31, a single Mom of 2 young ones, living in the Fraser Valley of BC. I woke up and started prepping about a year ago. I was living in a large city when I started prepping, and I've slowly been making my way further out, with the hope of eventually settling down somewhere central in BC. My focus up until recently was just storing food and learning skills, but lately I've been getting more serious and have been putting away tools and supplies that will be of good use. I'm also working on getting my HAM license, as well as my PAL.
0 x

Riggs413

Postby Riggs413 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:05 pm

Hey all. New to this world, though it has been percolating in the back of my mind for years. Currently just outside the GTA and getting ready for retirement. Will take the next few days/weeks to read through the posts already here before asking any questions.

For those reading this and experienced in this world....I will be asking about what to look for/have when I buy my final resting place to live out my years when the SHTF. I want to relocate around the Algonquin Park area as I have family who are somewhat like minded individuals in the military (Petawawa) and want to be relatively close to them so they can join up with us in a timely fashion.

As I am presently tied to my area until I and my DW (not really into this but goes with the flow) both retire we are looking at approx 2 years till we move (though I hope to buy and begin prep on the land prior to this). Gives me lots of time to scout for the perfect location (just need to know what I should have to make it the perfect spot), to learn many of the skills I will need when I relocate and to stock up on supplies for the big move.

I am okay with the weapons/defense and hunting skills and will be concentrating on my weaknesses which include but are not limited to (lol), agriculture/food supplies and medicinal/homemade remedies skills.

Looking forward to learning from experienced and new folks alike.

Looking forward to reading/learning and then pestering with lots of questions.
0 x

shecky

Postby shecky » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:47 pm

New to this . Have always been aware of getting prepared . Now is the time I suppose . Live in the gta and am in the process of re locating a little further north . Moving as I type this . Where to start and prioritizing my emergency stockpile is my next task . I m prepared to amalgamate with others and build off the grid . My gut tells me its time . Anyway , glad this site exists so us like minded tin foilers can meet .
0 x

tazweiss

Postby tazweiss » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:31 am

6' and 200+lbs., weak as a kitten (blew out my appendics a few days ago), mid/late 50's. Retired military and currently working as a shooting coach. Also experienced in welding, carpentry, plumbing and security. I've been prepping for a few years but now nearing the panic mode stage, what with current events and all. Somehow, everytime I think that I now know enough, I get reminded that I don't nearly.
For those who are new to prepping, remember, we were all new to it at one time. So don't get overwhelmed, we'll always be willing to help as we can.
0 x
In the end, your life will flash before your eyes.
Make sure it's worth watching.

Holistic

Postby Holistic » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:32 pm

Hi there,

Moved from the Ottawa area 5 years ago to the South Shore of Nova Scotia where I bought a 55 acre parcel and am trying to create as self-sufficient a spot as I can on my small budget. It is just me, a 51 year old woman with a teenage son and a bunch of critters, but thus far we are hanging in there with a few solar panels and a small windmill.

I just posted a message at the Nova Scotia site about my realization that I definitely need to solve the issue of Community, but am unclear how to even begin that. Ideally connecting with this Prepper Network will be a terrific start.

Wishing you all the best in these very weird times!
0 x

taz weiss jr.

Postby taz weiss jr. » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:46 pm

Hey everyone Im the taller, darker and handsomer version of tazweiss (my dad). Ive been trying to prep where I can for the last couple years but with school and stuff its a slow process, luckily I have my dad with me to help me along. Gonna be taking my EMT as soon as I can.
0 x
An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.

gc_mountainman

Postby gc_mountainman » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:51 am

Welcome Taz Weiss Jr.

EMT - very valuable skill set. Prep one day at a time, next thing you know it's been 25 years and your wife will be yelling at you to get rid of all that extra stuff, lol. Enjoy yourself around here. Plenty of folks who have a lot of knowledge if you have the patience to listne, read and learn.

How are you at organizing stuff??? Think you could get all them folks around the capitol area to get together once a month or so?? Nothing fancy, they will do all the work once someone gets them together in the same place at the same time. Just need one person to help keep everyone focused and on time. Get togethers are an even better place to pick up new ideas and skills.

Welcome aboard.

Mountainman.
0 x

Return to “Introduce Yourself Canadians”