• Advertisement

Introduce yourself here

Introduce yourself here. Let us know what you do to prepare!
ICRCC

Re: Introduce yourself here

Postby ICRCC » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:05 pm

Good to have you as a member of the forum gPRS.
0 x

Girlcancan

Postby Girlcancan » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:06 pm

Calgary newbie-ish prepper, married female in my 30s. I like to garden, camp, hike and would love to learn how to fish. Ive been fishing for the past few years with no success since I'm kinda only teaching myself.I've been canning for a handful of years, self taught. would like to move onto pressure canning. Would love to learn to be more self-reliant. Hubby is in no way interested and probably thinks I'm a paranoid nutso, but he loves me anyways. Sooo I'm kinda doing this on my own.
0 x

gc_mountainman

Postby gc_mountainman » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:51 pm

Welcome Girlcancan!!

I hope you find our Forum a useful resource. In time most spouses get on board, just be patient.

Cheers,

Mountainman.
0 x

ICRCC

Postby ICRCC » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:27 pm

Welcome to the forum Girlcancan.
0 x

Girlcancan

Postby Girlcancan » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:08 pm

gc_mountainman wrote:Welcome Girlcancan!!

I hope you find our Forum a useful resource. In time most spouses get on board, just be patient.

Cheers,

Mountainman.

Good to know! I could use the help eventually ;)
0 x

007rob

Postby 007rob » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:33 pm

Hi there,
I just joined today. I am in Calgary. I have a few basic preps so far, but would like to meet up with anyone in Calgary. My wife and I are in our late 30's, no kids, but one on the way! I have dabbled in gardening, am an avid hiker, a struggling fisherman... and I just recently got my PAL.
We like to camp, it's part of our "bugout" plan.
Hope to hear from others here in Calgary.
Thanks.
0 x

gc_mountainman

Postby gc_mountainman » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:26 pm

Welcome 007rob!

I hope you enjoy it around here. There is a wealth of knowledge just waiting to be explored. If you can't find what you are looking for, post a question and someone on here will have an answer.

The area around Cowtown is getting networked as the prepping community expands. Although, reading the Alberta Forum pages is a great place to start remember the Canadian Preppers Network includes more pages. If you poke around the site you will see what I mean. Or after you sign in, click on the Portal Button - top left under the banner. It will show you even more places to visit.

Cheers,

Mountainman.
0 x

007rob

Postby 007rob » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:13 pm

Cheers,
Thanks M-Man
0 x

Michy

Postby Michy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:59 pm

I have to snicker at how people describe themselves to the group :)

My name is Michelle. I'm in the BC Lower Mainland. I work for BC Health (Prov Gov).

Prepping has been an interest for awhile, and especially since moving to BC from Alberta in 2009.

I've been on and off about getting my Amateur Radio license, sometimes studying a fair bit, and then leaving it for sometime. I have to say, no wonder Amateur Radio hobbiests are a dying breed. The technical knowledge to get a licence is still pretty steep (and I have an an electrical engineering background).

How prepared am I now? well... my family has MRE's (from costco), we have backpacks with a week of MRE"s, blankets, flashlights, water, radios, and other emergency gear should we have to leave the house.

We also have three kitties who are like our kids. :)
0 x

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Postby Denob » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:25 am

Hi Michy, welcome to the forum.
I am also getting into ham radio, and will be starting a course soon...yes, lots of technical stuff, especially electronics!
Hope to hear lots from you, and maybe even talk on the air sometime.
0 x

Return to “Introduce Yourself Canadians”