• Advertisement

Book Review "The G.O.O.D Plan"

Post links to Preparedness and Survival Resources in Canada.
susannah755

Book Review "The G.O.O.D Plan"

Postby susannah755 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:25 am

I recently purchased this book mainly because I'm an info junkie and the extracts that I saw on this forum whetted my appetite for more...so I made my move and purchased my copy. Best thing I ever did! I decided to write a review - I wasn't asked to write a review, I volunteered to do so only because when I read this book yesterday it just inspired me so much - it explained a lot than I simply did not know how to tackle, I had no plan for bugging out in an emergency as I was relying on a "by the seat of my pants" reaction...not any more, I've started my plan already, I have "direction" and it's giving me peace of mind. So...here's my review:

I really like the way this book was written, it was engaging and thought provoking throughout. (I honestly couldn’t put it down – I read the whole thing in one sitting). It is written using “lay-person” language so it is very easy to read and the advice given is simple and concise so, regardless of your level of knowledge in planning to bug out in an emergency, you will have a plan forming as you read this book.

The information contained in this work is enlightening – every base is covered and the author goes to great lengths to explain every aspect of how to begin to assimilate the idea’s contained within this tome into a workable plan for you and your family’s survival. There is a wealth of information on things that you would assume would be covered plus a whole lot more. I especially liked the drills/practice for bugging out, the use of family codes was awesome (something that I hadn’t even thought of), the lists that are included are fantastic, SOP’s are explained and the SERE tips are excellent. All of the information can be adapted to suit any climate in any country – bonus!! The additional resources are just “mind blowing”. This is a book that you will read again and again – a worthy addition to your survival bookshelf.

I would recommend that everyone read this book.
Thank you Mountainman - awesome effort.

So.....when is the next book coming out?
0 x
Russell Coight....outback legend

gc_mountainman

Re: Book Review "The G.O.O.D Plan"

Postby gc_mountainman » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:00 pm

Thanks Susannah!

IMHO, you are too kind. Thank you for the book review. I am very please to hear you enjoyed reading my book.

As to when the next book will be out, not sure working on notes for two books at the moment - Combat Tailor: Building Your Own Tactical Gear For Armageddon and Armchair General: A Citizen's Guide To Soldiering. Both are planned to be e-Books first. Hopefully, they can be formatted to transfer directly to Kindle. If I find time this summer, maybe one of them will be ready by early Autumn.

Cheers,

Mountainman.
0 x

susannah755

Postby susannah755 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:26 am

Woo hoo....on a roll Mountainman?
Are you going to be posting extracts on your blog?
Who else is hiding their talent for writing?
0 x
Russell Coight....outback legend

lgsbrooks
Canada

Postby lgsbrooks » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:28 am

I'm reading the book also! It is great and shows me that I still have much tweaking to do on my plan...(if I had a cooperative family it would be easier)...I have a nephew-in-law that owns land out by cessford and I would ask him to sell me some land but that area you have to fight the government to build on it because of dinosaur bones so it is a no go. I just want a tiny off grid home with a wood stove to cook on (plus solar oven/volcano stove...lol) a well for water, nearby river would be nice, trees for firewood. Anyway I really am enjoying your book!
0 x

gc_mountainman

Postby gc_mountainman » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:37 am

lgsbrooks,

I am glad you are enjoying The G.O.O.D. Plan. If you are serious about wanting multiple printed copies please let me know how many. My printer has a 10x copy minimum, so if you are close to that or over I can place an order. I am not rich so I cannot print a huge batch at this time. Let me know.

Cheers,

Mountainman.
0 x

gc_mountainman

Postby gc_mountainman » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:39 am

susannah755 wrote:Woo hoo....on a roll Mountainman?
Are you going to be posting extracts on your blog?
Who else is hiding their talent for writing?

Susannah,

Once my handwritten notes get typed onto the netbook, I will surely get a sample up on the blog. However, the handwritten notes are not complete at this point. I hope to keep focused and get some more material out there.

Mountainman.
0 x

Dangphool
Canada

Postby Dangphool » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:45 am

LG,
can you bring your copy to the next AB meeting to give us a tease? I find I prefer to touch the paper.

Maybe a 10-run print could be sold at the meeting after that one?? 8-)
0 x

gc_mountainman

Postby gc_mountainman » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:28 pm

Howdy Again,

Looks like I will have 10x copies of The G.O.O.D. Plan (Get Out Of Dodge) in my hand when I attend the 4th Alberta Meeting.

Mountainman.
0 x

tazweiss

Postby tazweiss » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:51 pm

So how can I get a copy? I can't afford 10 copies and my wife would remove portions of my anatomy if I tried. Between 2 jobs, the condo and the cabin, I don't get a lot of chance to travel. I haven't been south of Red Deer in years and chances of making it to any meetings down south are pretty slim. Anybody going to the next meeting who could grab a copy for me?
0 x
In the end, your life will flash before your eyes.
Make sure it's worth watching.

BCPrepGirl

Postby BCPrepGirl » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:04 pm

And how does one in BC get a copy? :)
0 x

Return to “Canadian Preparedness and Survival Resources”