• Advertisement

oddball prep items to consider

Post links to Preparedness and Survival Resources in Canada.
Knuckle

Re: oddball prep items to consider

Postby Knuckle » Thu May 15, 2014 3:05 pm

:D I knew I'd rub ya sideways with my last :D (and I still use paper towel as it is hanging on every 2nd wall in my shop) :roll:

I finally got one....a washboard! Not that I have one but I have been meaning to get one....(ya know what I mean) and your gonna need one if you don't already have one to wash all them snot rags.... :o :D
0 x

Captain_Ambiguous

Postby Captain_Ambiguous » Thu May 15, 2014 3:08 pm

Knuckle wrote::D I knew I'd rub ya sideways with my last :D (and I still use paper towel as it is hanging on every 2nd wall in my shop) :roll:

I finally got one....a washboard! Not that I have one but I have been meaning to get one....(ya know what I mean) and your gonna need one if you don't already have one to wash all them snot rags.... :o :D

Careful. The ones that smell good are the first to get ate ;)
0 x

Goldie
Canada

Postby Goldie » Thu May 15, 2014 8:29 pm

I have a washboard on my list, but want a good one and still looking for one. I might have to import
a Columbus Washboard from USA
0 x

Goldie
Canada

Postby Goldie » Fri May 16, 2014 4:51 am

SHOE laces ..

they are cheap enough and today mine broke and they render shoes almost useless
until one gets new shoe laces
0 x

razerp

Postby razerp » Fri May 16, 2014 11:40 am

Vicks nasal inhalers, I have at least 4 in storage, and 2 on the go.. 1 is always in my "Possibles pouch" I suffer from chronic sinusitis.. and use em all the time. http://www.vicks.com.au/products/vicks- ... flu-liquid
0 x
I grew up on Looney Tunes, Marx Brothers mvies and Robin Williams, Enter my mind at your own risk

Knuckle

Postby Knuckle » Fri May 16, 2014 9:54 pm

razerp wrote:Vicks nasal inhalers, I have at least 4 in storage, and 2 on the go.. 1 is always in my "Possibles pouch" I suffer from chronic sinusitis.. and use em all the time. http://www.vicks.com.au/products/vicks- ... flu-liquid

Ya know those things are addictive in the sense that your sinuses seem to remain plugged once you do them steady and as the effects start to wear off. I used them steady (every 15-20 minutes) for over a year after finally getting my nose straightened ( I used to sometimes put it in the path of peoples fists when sparrring and such :roll: ). I often talked like I had a plugged nose for 2 years after the operation but found that my sinuses opened when using an inhaler. Finally a doctor told me that it would clear up quicker if I quit that stuff and it took about a 2 month dry spell to breath freely. (I also developed a better guard somewhere along the way so I wouldn't have to go thru that again!) :lol:
0 x

HopeImReady
Canada

Postby HopeImReady » Fri May 16, 2014 11:12 pm

Camp/solar shower.. I like warm showers
Emergency dental kit - a no-brainer, after being awake for 3 days straight, last year when my molar cracked on a long weekend...
Zip ties - for anything
Booties for dog (my dog wears these in very cold weather but they would also be good to walk over glass/ debris/chemicals
Photocopy of passport to use as ID without having to show my passport
Bear spray to use as self defense...against bears and any other animals...;)
0 x
HopeImReady
"The thing about smart mother f*ckers, is that they sometimes sound like crazy mother f*ckers to dumb mother f*ckers." -Abraham .”

razerp

Postby razerp » Sat May 17, 2014 8:45 am

hey knuckle.. I use em a coupla times a day.. most often in the evening.. I have anosmia - as in no sense of smell (part of a whole larger life fucking over condition) several members of my family have recurtring hassles with the whole ear/nose canal thing.

I don't have a gene pool.. I have a gene swamp :P
0 x
I grew up on Looney Tunes, Marx Brothers mvies and Robin Williams, Enter my mind at your own risk

Knuckle

Postby Knuckle » Sat May 17, 2014 4:13 pm

This isn't oddball to me but ...snare wire ... and lots of it! I have them in BOB's, tackle boxes, tool kits, bike and truck repair kits. With your leatherman pliers, you can you use up a small roll fixing anything better than Red Green and his dict tape ever will! And in a pinch, you might even try to use it to strangle yourself some lunch! :D

As kids we used to snare fish by making a snare on the end of a stick. If you go by fast moving water, or dam up a stream during spawn, there are calm pools where some of the fish first rest before trying to make it up a hard part. We slip a large loop over the tail(large because water distorts things), then reduce it to safe size and pull! It is illegal to do this but the game wardens only took us home to our parents when we were caught. :P (my dad would ask me how many I hid earlier, but after the game warden left) :lol:

(note: no, we still don't stock our lakes and yes, we still use barbs on our hooks cause we still have plenty of fish left even though we did this trick during spawning season)
0 x

Return to “Canadian Preparedness and Survival Resources”