• Advertisement

Recommended Read for all Preppers

Post general Canadian discussions here.
Tinfoilhats

Re: Recommended Read for all Preppers

Postby Tinfoilhats » Tue May 20, 2014 4:23 pm

96 ram should still have a 12v cummins I would think? You're already done. lol Once you hit the 24v and common rail stuff you start getting some electronics. The older stuff literally has a couple wires to make it run...and its just the wires from the battery to the starter, the alternator to the battery and the ignition switch obviously.
0 x

Dangphool
Canada

Postby Dangphool » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:31 am

I found this to be a great read and also suggested it to a few sheeple as an 'innocent' training manual ;)
0 x

dollyndrew
Canada

Postby dollyndrew » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:19 am

I have an emp proof vehicle - it's called a bicycle lol! My kid n DH have one too.
0 x

Knuckle

Postby Knuckle » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:17 am

0 x

Quills

Postby Quills » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:26 am

Craziest thing happened today -- and I'll admit my heart started racing a bit.

I work from home, and typically take a half hour break in the mid afternoon. Today, I was running a bit late, and it was close to 4pm when I stopped. I got my tea, and sat down with my laptop to read for a bit. Book of choice? Lights Out.

I swear to God, I had just started reading -- maybe five minutes -- and the electricity went out. Now, keep in mind that it was an absolutely beautiful, sunny day today. No storms, I live in a very rural area, so no draw on the system because all the neighbours turned on their air conditioning at the same time -- there is only one neighbour within three miles.

Just OUT. Dead. Gone. While I'm reading Lights Out. It was out for about half an hour, flicked back on briefly, then was out for another twenty minutes before it came back on and stayed on.

I'm calling it my wake-up call. Tomorrow, I'm doing that supply run to the city I've been meaning to do for two months but have been putting off.
0 x

Tinfoilhats

Postby Tinfoilhats » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:00 am

That's definitely a good wake up call!

I'm currently listening to "Alas, Babylon" from Audible....pretty good book, written in 1959, but pretty much fits todays world problems like a glove.
0 x

DaScribbler
Canada

Postby DaScribbler » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:37 pm

JustABear wrote:"Blinding White Flash" by J. Richard Wakefield. Good read...

JAB

Just bought this the other day.

Haven't opened it yet, but I'm looking forward to the read :)
0 x
DaScribbler

HopeImReady
Canada

Postby HopeImReady » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:16 am

I am on the third book in the series Ashfall by Mike Mullin: Ashfall, Ashen Winter, Sunrise and a little novella Darla's story. The event is the eruption of a supervolcano at Yellowstone, and its effect on a Midwest man over a 3-year period. The writing is excellent and the story is interesting yet still realistic.
0 x
HopeImReady
"The thing about smart mother f*ckers, is that they sometimes sound like crazy mother f*ckers to dumb mother f*ckers." -Abraham .”

Tinfoilhats

Postby Tinfoilhats » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:53 pm

I started on the 299 days series on Audible....what a drawn out repetitive boring story. It is very realistic, and shows what a slow financial collapse might look like...but holy crap do they ever drag it out so they can sell 10 books instead of 3.
0 x

Knuckle

Postby Knuckle » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:02 pm

Tinfoilhats wrote:I started on the 299 days series on Audible....what a drawn out repetitive boring story. It is very realistic, and shows what a slow financial collapse might look like...but holy crap do they ever drag it out so they can sell 10 books instead of 3.

All I can find in torrents are in EBooks so far. But I use http://torrentz.eu/search?q= to do so as it searches many sites with any query. Use it to find tons of such books.
0 x

Return to “General Canadian Discussions”