• Advertisement

Gay Preppers - Seriously

Post general Canadian discussions here.
cernunnos5

Re: Gay Preppers - Seriously

Postby cernunnos5 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:40 pm

endangeredspecies wrote:i carry condom on my bug out bag for diferent purpose but being gay i dont see what its would change on prepping
Exactly. You got it. That reminds me. Must buy more condoms :lol:
0 x
I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

kootenay kid
Canada

Postby kootenay kid » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:43 pm

I really do not care what sexual persuasion someone is. I judge a person by what he is; is he honest and trustworthy, sincere, has a good work ethic.....that's what matters most to me. Same goes with prepping!!!!!
0 x

Tinfoilhats

Postby Tinfoilhats » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:03 pm

Same here...it seems gay people need to make a big deal of it...I couldn't care less. When it comes down to it...you're just another human.
0 x

Homestead205

Postby Homestead205 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:16 pm

My partner and I have been prepping for over 10 years now. We have been trying to build up a local cooperative with the neighbors but we have noticed a great decision against gays. We have been staying quiet about us being gay on letting our most trusted friends and neighbors with mixed results. One of my trusted friends is having a hard time with his Christian conviction and my partner and I. He has known for years now and is just started expressing an issue with us.

This has raised a concern with us and now we are thinking of moving from central Alabama to a more gay friendly area. A place we can build a homestead with other gay and lesbian preppers.
0 x

JackDee

Postby JackDee » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:50 am

Seriously, many people are still imagining too much such as: by accepting same preferences people, someday they will lure the straighties astray and stick something into your bu**.

And I've experience many funny conversations when finding out some people I know can be very emotionally and vocally anti mnm (male and male) but immediately so acceptable when presented with an fnf idea.

gay zombies, straight zombies ~ I can't tell the difference, so I see no problem with any of them (g/s) being a prepper.
0 x
Regret comes last, if it comes early its called registration!

In the end, only fellow preppers truly respects other preppers.
When nothing happens, the world will laugh at you.
When SHTF, what will happen when they found out you got supplies?

The Canadian Giant
Topic Leader

Postby The Canadian Giant » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:17 am

Homestead205 wrote:
This has raised a concern with us and now we are thinking of moving from central Alabama to a more gay friendly area. A place we can build a homestead with other gay and lesbian preppers.

Come on up to Canada. I would be proud to work with and support people like you and your partner. And I think that there would be many more members from around Canada and the world that would feel the same way.
0 x
Wilderness Survival and Bushcraft courses in Alberta
www.MammutBushcraft.com

Knuckle

Postby Knuckle » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:12 pm

I know many gay bikers that...no wait, no I don't! :lol:

I have intentionally stayed away from this subject as it is such a touchy one as we all know. I can't say that I know any gays that are openly admitting to being gay, but I do remember when public schools were changing to an open door policy and started promoting "it's okay to be gay"! Now I don't have any qualms against gays and even saved a few soldiers who were presently getting their butts kicked for being just suspected of being gay... (as an MP of course)so from that aspect, you could say I have literally fought for gays too :roll:

But there is a line that I feel is being crossed when our society promotes such things to the extent we do now. Adults are mature enough to decide which way they wish to go on such things, but young kids are often influenced by those with whom they associate with. I don't believe your born gay anymore than I believe your born a thief. It is a preference decided by the individual and thus therefore can be influenced by such things as association.

A parent of a young child has an inborn defense system to protect their young from danger, and yet today this "touchy subject" requires them to stand by when schools proclaim that this should be taught in public school, starting back before many children even reach puberty. (I took my kids out of such a school in the 90's in Calgary when this was being just introduced). Why not hold off until high school where the kids are at least mature enough to have a grasp on the subject and the implications that go with it?

I think all parents quietly fear that a child might opt for being gay, maybe because this choice ends their chances of carrying on the family name. I'm not sure but we all know that this choice makes their life harder in a world that is already hard enough. For this reason, I won't chastise someone who is gay, but would be more than slightly pissed if they were trying to influence one of my children to choose the path they themselves chose.

I will still help anyone in need if I can today, regardless of their sexual preference. But I will defend those values I believe in, and so I mention this aspect as this thread seems to have become too promotional in support of gay rights while many stay silent even though they may disagree with various aspect of this subject. As likely as many others, I would never partake in any discrimination over such issues and will leave all judgement of such things to God alone. All I'd expect is that each in turn understand where influence over those too young to truly comprehend are concerned, no promotion of said topic should be promoted to confuse or influence them until at least the age of 16. In turn, I promise not to teach them an dirty biker jokes either until their at least 18.

And I am not trying to now turn this thread into a gay bashing discussion either with my comment, just stating where moral lines should be drawn for both sides to follow. .
(was choosing pink to express this point maybe too much)? ;)

It's just that I felt it was time to profess that many who might disagree with the gay issue are remaining silent because they are being polite! ( I guess that I my finally speaking up excludes me from being one of them now too).
0 x

Gayprepper21

Postby Gayprepper21 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:15 am

Hi all,
I'm a young gay man interested in prepping down the line, and like whoever started this thread, I'm interested in meeting like-minded people. If you fit the bill, or know someone who does, please let me know. Thanks.
0 x

cernunnos5

Postby cernunnos5 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:16 am

Gayprepper21 wrote:Hi all,
I'm a young gay man interested in prepping down the line, and like whoever started this thread, I'm interested in meeting like-minded people. If you fit the bill, or know someone who does, please let me know. Thanks.

Attaboy. This is a BRAVE young man that demands RESPECT. Not afraid of having a call name of Gayprepper21. Anyone that says otherwise, Im more than happy to boot stomp. I hope you find your necessary social connections. All the best
0 x
I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

Singlecell

Postby Singlecell » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:50 pm

cernunnos5 wrote:
Gayprepper21 wrote:Hi all,

Attaboy. This is a BRAVE young man that demands RESPECT. Not afraid of having a call name of Gayprepper21. Anyone that says otherwise, Im more than happy to boot stomp. I hope you find your necessary social connections. All the best

I know eh this guy doesn't give a @#$%! Only in a Canadian Prepper Forum. God bless us.
0 x

Return to “General Canadian Discussions”