• Advertisement

Gay Preppers - Seriously

Post general Canadian discussions here.
reluctantprepper

Re: Gay Preppers - Seriously

Postby reluctantprepper » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:18 pm

Thanks for all the great replies. I'm still amazed, I know a gay republican prepper(again not a joke), so there are two gay preppers in my small county in Nova Scotia and there is no other gay preppers across Canada on this forum. Perhaps they are too shy to reply, feel free to PM me if that is the case.
0 x
“Before everything else, getting ready is the secret of success.” -- Henry Ford

86bigred
Canada

Postby 86bigred » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:38 am

to me it does not matter gay or straight, what ethnic back ground you are, what religion you are, male or female or over weight or skinny. we are all the same. i have had female friends, gay friends, and friends who are from different back grounds, the only ones i don not tolerate are hate or bigotry, don't hate them just feel sorry for them. have a great day.
0 x

cernunnos5

Postby cernunnos5 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:18 pm

For those that don't think this is a serious issue or ,why bring it up....this came out today and its a worthwhile watch as to the danger gays and lesbians live with on a daily basis...and how those dangers will increase as economic stressors continue to grow...and why they should Prep to the highest possible levels.

Media blackout as anti-gay crimes soar 70%
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2ECW64IpLQ
0 x
I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

lgsbrooks
Canada

Postby lgsbrooks » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:43 pm

That is very disturbing...I truly think it is inhumane to treat anyone that way for any reason! I am a Christian and "Christians" are getting a lot of crap lately as well...there are good and bad people in every "group" and I apologize for the words/actions of the bad in mine, "we" are to know Gods truth but we are not to judge, that is His job not ours. I wish we lived in a world that was safe for everyone in it regardless of our differences.
0 x

oldschool
Canada

Postby oldschool » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:54 pm

lgsbrooks wrote:Prepping is prepping no matter who you are intimate with so why should it matter? Most people are gathered here to find and or share information on how to do what we do to prepare for ourselves and loved ones, why would sexual orientation be an issue?

In a perfect world, that would be the case. If you look at the breakdown of how a lot of the public feels and the government as well, gays that I know still have a difficult time on a daily bases with anti-gay thoughts. A lot of preppers have military backgrounds. The military is not known for being supportive for LGBT.

Physical, sexual, psychological (harassment, bullying) violence faced by LGBT is a fact of life for many LGBT identified persons. In an inherently violent environment, LGBT people may face violence unique to their community in the course of military service. For instance, the Israeli Defense Force does not ask the sexual orientation of its soldiers, however half of the homosexual soldiers who serve in the IDF suffer from violence and homophobia. LGBT soldiers are often victims of verbal and physical violence and for the most part, commanders ignore the phenomenon. SAPRO, the organization responsible for the oversight of Department of Defense (DoD - USA) sexual assault policy, produces the “Workplace and Gender Relations Survey of Active Duty Member (WGRA)”: The 2012 report doesn’t have any paragraph studying the specific situation of LGBT people. The study focuses on men and women. The specificity of the violence faced by LGBT people is not considered.
In the Australian army, the problem is not known officially, only few cases of harassment and discrimination involving gays and lesbians have been recorded. A researcher mentioned that "one would not want to be gay and in the military": Although there has been no major public scandal regarding harassment of gays, this does not mean that such behavior does not occur, but it has been under-studied. Generally, however, incidents of discrimination or harassment brought to the attention of commanders are handled appropriately, incidents in which peers who had made inappropriate remarks are disciplined by superiors promptly and without reservation.

Then there are the religious groups that are rather nasty to people that are LGBT.

It really is no wonder that those that are LGBT are a very small quiet group.
0 x

Mowgli

Postby Mowgli » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:33 am

I'm a gay liberal in Los Angeles who's at the very least prep-curious (just ordered some NBC supplies). Guess we do exist. Now to find my gay-prepper husband.
0 x

HaliBoy

Postby HaliBoy » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:22 pm

I am for total freedom. I support your right to be gay but I also support someones right to think and express (peacefully) why being gay is wrong if they so believe. I work in a place where there is 95% men and no one bothers to trash talk the one gay guy there or make jokes about the two lesbians.

It is like women's lib, you can't truely have it unless you have men's lib too; rights go both ways, so if a lady wants to wear pants when she has no ground to stand on is she laughs at a man in a dress.

Speaking of work, we have guys with cabins, who hunt and fish, who build things...none of them call themselves preppers but they are all more preppers than the guy who just stores stuff in his house because he discovered "prepping" on a website. Don't discount people just because they don't give themselves cool names like "survivalist", learn from them the skills you want to know.
0 x
Why did I join Canadian Preppers Network?
Well I was going to join the UK Network but those bloody Brits don't know how to speak proper English! ;-)

cernunnos5

Postby cernunnos5 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:35 am

Arggggg. Did you really just say...."I support your right to be Black but..."?.I'm losing it on a witty come back.... :roll:

I've met the fore mentioned prepper and he has got some "mad skills" far beyond my own. He has spoiled me to ever be able to eat smoked fish or game again. And the guy hits what he aims at without looking at a rifle as anything other than a power drill or screw driver.

This is the problem with people spouting about supporting "Freedom" while backing the "freedom to back oppression".

I have hit and miss views on Nome Chomsky's view on Free speech. I like his view that the main reason for giving Holocaust Deniers " Free Speech" is that rational people can use the same free speech to casually dismiss them as ludicrous and mock them openly
0 x

cernunnos5

Postby cernunnos5 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:13 am

Sooooo....I recently visited a concentration camp in Germany. Can you guess which monuments to the dead stood out to me? The pink triangle should be obvious.
0 x

endangeredspecies

Postby endangeredspecies » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:17 pm

i carry condom on my bug out bag for diferent purpose but being gay i dont see what its would change on prepping
0 x

Return to “General Canadian Discussions”