• Advertisement

Do you plan to be a lonewolf or part of a like minded band?

Post general Canadian discussions here.
vanislemom

Re: Do you plan to be a lonewolf or part of a like minded ba

Postby vanislemom » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:34 am

This is a very good question for digging deep into your own mind. My first thought is that I am/would be a lonewolf. In-my-dreams. In reality I have obligations, aging parents who are now relying on me to help them face the world. My mother is in complex care, if something catastrophic happens maintaining her care is at the top of my list of priorities. She is now wheelchair bound, obese, diabetic and requires a special hoist to get her on and off the toilet. We wouldn't beable to care for her anywhere except the facility she's at now. It would mean taking shifts with my dad. We would probably get drafted into helping with the other residents, too.

In a really bad situation I would probably have to abandon my condo and take my preps and much of my personal belongings over to my dad's, who lives in a huge old house by himself. He has a lot of useful stuff ;) , including a back yard with garden area. My son also lives over in that part of town, as well as paintergirl. I really don't want to live in close quarters with anyone else (other than my own children), but depending on the circumstances I'll do what I have to.

During a crisis I can keep my mouth shut and just do what has to be done. But inside my head I am screaming obscenities.
0 x

farmgal
Canada

Postby farmgal » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm

I hope not to be a lone wolf, I would like to think that at least two or three other familes would end up at the farm and would help me and hubby work it and defend it, I am planning accordingly. Only time will give the answer on it that is a good idea or not.
0 x
http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

WildernessReturn

Postby WildernessReturn » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:06 am

ranger2012 wrote:I have been studying this subject myself for many years and have a paper that I've made up a paper that I show to my friends that don’t think that I‘m crazy. Basically it lists what can happen, and what I would do to restart a community. The trades of people that would be required to be a stand alone community and the books (big, big factor) needed to train our legacies. Mechanics, doctors, herbalists, farmers, veterinarians, weavers and the list goes on. I myself am on the lookout for the tools that don’t need power, the information to create power and the older books that show us how. That is why we, Preppers need to start getting together, to help each other to plan, to pass the wisdom of the masses, before we need them the most.
Remember “We Prep to live after a down fall, Not just to survive it” (JT)

Hey, I would like to see the list and compare it to my list, and see what I need to add into mine to make it complete. It might also be a good thing for others to see as well. Perhaps there could be some positive reinforcement and positive suggestions as well.
0 x

susannah755

Postby susannah755 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:45 am

I'm working on just the basics of survival at the moment, but I would also like to take a gander at your list - if you're willing to share?

I think most of us who have family commitments (dependant parents not able to fend for themselves and children) are going to be stuck where we are - not many of us can throw the oldies into a camper and expect them to be able to rough it, so I expect we're going to have to do what we need to just to survive - not a pretty thought but realistic.
0 x
Russell Coight....outback legend

morpheous71

Postby morpheous71 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:28 am

So do the preppers in London have a date yet?? Ps..I hate Gibraltor, bad vines around that place but I'll meet there if the group consensous to it. Wouldn't a calm public park be a better spot??
-c
0 x

PrepNow

Postby PrepNow » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:11 pm

This is an important topic of debate with preppers. I guess I would do a bit of both. Lone wolf it with my immediate family to my retreat and then like mind it with my trusted neighbors. However, I would not opt to join a large group and hold up in a town or try and build some mass settlement. Too many human variables that one could not control such as greed, envy and ego in a situation like that.

My family and neighbors and that's it.
0 x
There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life - Frank Zappa

the phone guy

Postby the phone guy » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:11 am

I don't see it as Lone wolf or otherwise. If I need to leave my home, its just a long camping trip to where I always go. I know who owns the neighboring property. Its all good.
0 x

WildernessReturn

Postby WildernessReturn » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:45 pm

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=767&p=6992#p6992
Western Ontario Prepper meeting Sat 7/Sun 8 April
so far 2 votes for Saturday

anybody else?
0 x

oldschool
Canada

Postby oldschool » Wed May 02, 2012 5:39 pm

After a wee accident today, I came to realize that trying to do things by myself may not be such a good idea. Once I get my house done I need to figure out a group or at least one other individual. A day of down time it hard enough to deal with now never mind if SHTF happens.
0 x

JustABear

Postby JustABear » Wed May 02, 2012 10:19 pm

"no man is an island"... No truer words were ever spoken... especially in this scenario... PM me oldschool... I'd like to chat and share some of myself with you.
0 x

Return to “General Canadian Discussions”