• Advertisement

Mt Tongariro eruption

New Zealand news and whether discussions go here.
Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Re: Mt Tongariro eruption

Postby Denob » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Thanks Gravelore...will check them out.
0 x

ICRCC

Postby ICRCC » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:11 pm

There is an ancient fault system that roughly follows the Ottawa Valley. There could be some movement here if there was a big enough jolt to the plates. However a major earthquake is highly unlikely.
0 x

Gravlore

Postby Gravlore » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:27 pm

I believe we are in for a shift of some kind. But I hope it is not a violent path. The fault lines in and around New York are less violent but do cause damage. Lots of Nuclear power plants there too. Chain reactions from larger quakes do happen from my understanding and also do awaken dormant volcano's. That is what is worrying to me. Crumbling buildings are one thing, but toxic air is another.
0 x

ICRCC

Postby ICRCC » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:33 pm

We have first hand knowledge of how earthquakes and nuclear generating plant react to each other........... Fukushima!
0 x

Gravlore

Postby Gravlore » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:12 am

Denob

Be Informed@ you don’t need to know. I think you brought up one of the most dangerous situations that would collapse this economy like the Hindenburg, the oil infrastructure along the New Madrid Fault. Yesterday that 7.4 down in El Salvador not only pushed at the San Andreas, but also the New Madrid Fault zone, BIG TIME. Doesn’t mean it will fail, but there is additional pressure on it. Watch the Mid Atlantic Ridge along with the Caribbean and Cocos plates as they direct energy towards the central portion of the country.
0 x

Return to “New Zealand News and Weather”