• Advertisement

climate change in New Zealand

New Zealand news and whether discussions go here.
Syn

climate change in New Zealand

Postby Syn » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:46 pm

Interesting that antarctic changes are now getting a lot of attention by researchers . good to hear the ozone has stabilized a bit.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-11-25/m ... on/5115748
Lots of specualtion and positioning happening based on access opening up to resources in the antarctic due to ice melt , this article focuses on China but the USA and others are jockeying for postions in the arctic and antarctic :

http://www.economist.com/blogs/analects ... -antarctic

I am not sure the general populations are realizing how serious governments are taking climate change, staking on capitalizing on it while the public are perhaps obliviously watching TV ?
0 x

dunprep

Re: climate change in New Zealand

Postby dunprep » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:38 pm

I think many governments are stuck between a rock and a hard place when it comes to Climate Change. Concerns are growing over the climate, yet Governments are sitting on their hands because changes needed to slow the climate change are going to drastically change the way business works and people live their lives.

I have read recently that all these changes they are wanting to do may infact be too late and while they will slow the onset of the situations, they wont actually stop it, and our weather and climate will become more and more adverse.
0 x
DunPrep

Syn

Re: climate change in New Zealand

Postby Syn » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:14 am

I think we are all stuck between a rock and a hard place , there is very little chance people will change their ways let alone the monstrosities of governments to actually slow it at all , and at best people might be able to mitigate how much it affects themselves individually , as famillies and communities for a while.
0 x

Return to “New Zealand News and Weather”