• Advertisement

Help a student learn about prepper life firsthand

Post general New Zealand discussions here.
ready_to_learn

Help a student learn about prepper life firsthand

Postby ready_to_learn » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:49 pm

Hello, I am an American university student soon graduating from Grinnell College, looking for some help with a remarkable opportunity. I am applying for a Watson Fellowship, a grant that will allow me to travel outside of the US to study a topic that deeply interests me for one year.

I am currently studying sociology and religion, and what particularly interests me is survivalism’s rise as a movement. More specifically, I want to find out how gender plays a role in survivalist communities, and how traditional gender issues are addressed in their preparation and planning for the post-apocalyptic future. In order to do this, I plan to spend my year living and working with survivalists kind enough to host me. Through actively contributing to households, and through conversing with both men and women committed to a survivalist worldview, I will be better able to understand exactly how these issues intersect.

I am contacting you in the hopes that somebody here will be able to point me to survivalist groups or families (outside the United States) that might be interested in hosting me. I will be posting similar messages on various survivalist forums around the web, but if you have any advice or connections, and are willing to help, I would greatly appreciate it. PM me!

Thank you so much for your time!
0 x

MarlPrepper

Re: Help a student learn about prepper life firsthand

Postby MarlPrepper » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:27 pm

i think your idea is great.
i cannot host you sadly as my family thinks prepping is a complete nutcase topic and stays right away from it.
apart from my mum, the media has turned her into that much of a sheep that i could tell her aliens have invaded and she'd belive it.
i think your idea is great though and defiantly keep at it. there are a few places up in the north island that are renting to preppers. but that depends on how you want to stay.
0 x
Cigarettes are just like HedgeHogs, perfectly harmless until you put them in your mouth and light them on fire.

ready_to_learn

Re: Help a student learn about prepper life firsthand

Postby ready_to_learn » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:55 pm

@MarlPrepper,
Thanks! Your support means a lot, even if you're not exactly in a position to help right now :)
0 x

Return to “General New Zealand Dicussions”