• Advertisement

Prep code?

Post general New Zealand discussions here.
MarlPrepper

Prep code?

Postby MarlPrepper » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:03 pm

i was thinking that most preppers will want to team up with people but wont know who to trust. i was thinking we have a prepper code so when we meet people after a major disaster we can identify the preppers. that way trust would skyrocket with the other person and help the people that meet survive.
any good ideas would be appreciated we need somthing catchy and easy to remember but also not a regular phrase so it can be recognised.
0 x
Cigarettes are just like HedgeHogs, perfectly harmless until you put them in your mouth and light them on fire.

ICRCC

Re: Prep code?

Postby ICRCC » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:04 pm

There is an upside and a downside to this. I know that one of the US prepping sites were considering a sort of clandestine bumper sticker. I do not know if they went through with it. The idea was that preppers would be able to identify each other and maybe strike up a conversation. I think they decided that the striker could be a detriment in a SHTF situation because if non preppers became aware of it would make those that had the stickers targets, like advertizing "I have lots of food".

So although there is always a danger of information getting into the wrong hands and it being used against you I do think it is a good idea. Perhaps not so much as a code more in the form of a greeting. It would need to be a phrase that would be not to friendly, not confrontational mostly neutral and not linked to prepping. Something in between "hello, welcome friend" and "freeze, put your hands in the air and don't move". I think with some work we could come up with a workable phrase.
0 x

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Postby Denob » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:50 pm

How about...
"Eat me, but only if there's nothing else."
0 x

ICRCC

Postby ICRCC » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:14 pm

Ok how about this?
Attachments
zombies.gif
zombies.gif (5.41 KiB) Viewed 2294 times
0 x

tazweiss

Postby tazweiss » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:00 am

After TSHTF, I figure that it'll be fairly easy to recognize preppers. The prepper will be the warm, well fed one lookinjg at you through his/her sights. You'll only see a muzzle flash if you demonstrate bad intentions. :) :D :lol: :twisted:
0 x
In the end, your life will flash before your eyes.
Make sure it's worth watching.

MarlPrepper

Postby MarlPrepper » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:31 am

ICRCC definately a great idea i like that one alot.
i just want to say that this code will be verbal so that way people will only be aware you have supplys if you show them around.
so there will be no risk of being spotted unless you wave it around and you will only use the phrase if you meet someone and make conversation. i like your "zombies dont like fast food" but i think if the person wasn't a prepper they would think "is he calling me fat? oh shit he wants to eat me"
so i would want it to have 1. initiation 2. Reply 3. Confirmation
so the code could be like this.
1: Hi
2: Hey...
1: Come across any info?
2: Nothing
1: Dam i wish i had have prepared (initiation)
2: Same thing here. i called the preppers nuts (Reply)
1: Nuts that need their code cracked (confirmation)
2: So you're on the network? (more confirmation)
1: Sure are nice to meet you. (Final confirmation)

after a good confirmation the outlook on the person changes from a random person who probably stole those supplies to someone who got their supplies before the disaster and is usually more prepared to survive and more trustworthy to have in a group. also personal codes between people is a good idea but something like that code there could break the ice and form a team that would in the end survive. even if the pair just traded its better than nothing.
0 x
Cigarettes are just like HedgeHogs, perfectly harmless until you put them in your mouth and light them on fire.

Gravlore

Postby Gravlore » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:37 am

How about this since it is never uttered among anyone in the world.

1 "How about those Detroit Lions"
2 "Yeah, I bet they will win 3 Superbowls in a row!"
0 x

MarlPrepper

Postby MarlPrepper » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:25 pm

good idea gravlore. sadly noone in new zealand really watches american football and would look at you like you have lost the plot.
maybe something like.
1: How about those Tasman makos?
2: Yeah i bet they will win the super 15 3 years in a row!
that would be a bit more familiar because not everyone knows who the detroit lions are over here. but the sport idea is good thanks.
0 x

ICRCC

Postby ICRCC » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:54 pm

You are right Marl the greeting would have to be verbal. The Zombie pic was for Denob's benefit. The greeting would need to be unique but definitely not relate directly to prepping. I am sure that Gravlore could help us out here. So let's imagine that the SHTF, almost a month goes by and you tentatively venture out from your BIL or BOL. You encounter a group of say four people. Two men, a woman and a child. They don't appear too menacing but you can't be sure. What would be an appropriate greeting? Along with the greeting there should also a response phrase. That way both parties are on the same wavelength. Let's get some input and see where this takes us.
0 x

Gravlore

Postby Gravlore » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:09 pm

Reminded me of the movie "Under the Rainbow"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYPFxsGON2k

Most greetings in Canada seem to be weather related so we should probably go that route. The first question is irrelevant since weather is seasonal and erratic, but the answer should be the "phrase that pays". It should be short sweet and have a short sweet reply to it as well. Like Marl confirmation idea.

1: Sure is windy today ..... or dang its not today . (irrelevant which is asked first)
2: At least were not in Siberia.
3: Yeah, or Texas.

2 and 3 are totally opposites of each other and carry different weather systems so the answer, reply make no sense to the conversation if it were a real one.

Another would be a number system. Play kinda dumb on this.

1: What is 11X10?
2: I think it is 100.
1: No, I think its 200.
0 x

Return to “General New Zealand Dicussions”