• Advertisement

NZ made Breezepod Alternative Housing/Shelters

Post general New Zealand discussions here.
Gravlore

Re: NZ made Breezepod Alternative Housing/Shelters

Postby Gravlore » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:39 am

I would make a shelter like the ones posted but the amount of red tape to get them to sell them would be enormous. I have dealt with bureaucrats before and by the time I have a product the increase in the sales price would be well over 40% more than what I would want to sell it for, or go bankrupt in the process. The molds for this type of home would be extremely easy to make and the parts would come off fast even with an open mold. I suppose I could sell it as a large dog house or something and say 'build at your own risk'. Ah heck, maybe I will make my own in a few years just for the fun of it.

Makes a nice chicken coup?
0 x

WildernessReturn

Postby WildernessReturn » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:02 pm

I looked at the Plastic Yurt style one;
thinking it looks similar to some of the plastic/other material/ septic and water tanks. Why not grab one of those, which is substantially cheaper, insulate and modify it yourself? Why not just go online and get plans for a Yurt (there are lots out there) and build a Yurt yourself? I would have built mine this fall, but, due to major sickness I was unable to do most of anything really!

just some thoughts from the fringe (and other side of the planet! )
0 x

Gravlore

Postby Gravlore » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:21 pm

People use old grain silos as well as a home. Fiberglass holds up better to the elements than plastics and metals do. Boats are exposed to sun and salt water and they have a marine gelcoat on them. The marine gelcoat is more money but worth the investment if longevity is the goal.
0 x

WildernessReturn

Postby WildernessReturn » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:41 pm

Not a lot of Grain Silos left around here, everyone selling them for scrap. So near sighted!
Thanks for the tip on the marine coatings, will keep that in mind.
0 x

Return to “General New Zealand Dicussions”