• Advertisement

Prepper Groups

Post general New Zealand discussions here.
sixin
New Zealand

Prepper Groups

Postby sixin » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:51 pm

Around Nov last year I became involved with a small South Island group of preppers(I use that term loosely) who approached us through a friend, The group sounded quite good and from what we could tell had about 20+ members scattered across the lower South Island. After exchanging emails for about a month we were invited to meet up with a couple of them in Timaru, as I was heading to Chch on business I decided why not.

The meeting was between myself, a close friend(Also a prepper) and 2 ppl from the group.

I have to say its the weirdest meeting I have ever been too. Now I can tell you I'm usually quite defensive and onguard anyway when I meet other preppers(past-experiences) but this group I have to stay was completely and totally weird, Very interested in what we knew, had stored, and who we had spoken with, but offered almost nothing in return and answered our questions with questions that left us with more questions and doubts than anything.

The meeting lasted an hour before we headed off, but the group since the meeting has broken off contact with us and emails to the email address are going unanswered. I'm not even sure the person we meet was the person we were exchanging emails with.

The two we meet said their names were Trevor and Duncan, both middleaged(40's) and arrived in a late model Toyota 4x4. Anyone had any dealings with these guys or groups that are highly secretive or just plain weird?

Both of us were very careful to not disclose any personal information or contact information.
0 x
SiXiN
Southern Kiwi Prepper

MarlPrepper

Re: Prepper Groups

Postby MarlPrepper » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:34 am

They may be quite a hostile prepper group, noting down as much as they can about you so if the SHTF they will know where you are, start prepping security if they know your location.
0 x
Cigarettes are just like HedgeHogs, perfectly harmless until you put them in your mouth and light them on fire.

gracefromspace

Postby gracefromspace » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:14 am

They sound a bit suspect to me sixin, just as well you kept your contact details private. You just do not know who or what people really are these days.

We have had a couple of guys come onto our land late last year supposedly looking for "off grid" areas, both of them didn't seem genuine to us. The second one was so terrifed when he saw our German Shepherds running straight for him that he couldn't even speak & was sweating and shaking from head to foot .... Haven't seen him since :lol:
0 x

WildernessReturn

Postby WildernessReturn » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:16 am

If they saw your plates (vehicle plates, tags, whatever you call them there), ditch them and get new ones.
That way they will be on the look out for the wrong plates, and you will pass them by, hopefully.
0 x

secoff

Postby secoff » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:50 pm

I would avoid such contact on joining Prepper groups. Unless you know them very well or trust them. I would tend to avoid them. Because one day you may have to put your life on the line for them.
0 x

sixin
New Zealand

Postby sixin » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:51 am

Cheers for the opinions, We were in a rental car so no worries there with reference to the plates. As of today we have still had no contact with them.
0 x
SiXiN
Southern Kiwi Prepper

Return to “General New Zealand Dicussions”