• Advertisement

North Korea and Nuclear Threats

Post general New Zealand discussions here.
MarlPrepper

Re: North Korea and Nuclear Threats

Postby MarlPrepper » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:26 am

Although im not really that worried in the short term about this, i am disgusted in john keys response.

http://www.thecivilian.co.nz/north-kore ... -says-key/

Asked what he thought would happen if North Korea did launch a nuclear strike against the country, Key replied “Everybody would die.”

“Could we not at least evacuate the targeted city?” asked one reporter, to which Key replied “Not in time, probably not. No.”

“Does the government have a contingency plan if such an attack occurs?” asked another. “No” said Key.

A week before this threat we sell 20 of our LAV's because apparently we don't need an army...

Although i dont think there is an iminant threat, i am going to get some potassium iodide so if they do get to the point where they are ready to attack anyone, i wont have to pay all four limbs.

Also on the risk there is some things to consider:
-California is 11,000km from NK
-New zealand is 10,000km from NK
-New Zealand has no missle defence, japan couldn't get it in time and as far as i know aussie doesnt have systems in place to shoot it down.

If they wanted to gurantee hitting a very westernized country, aussie and NZ are their prime targets, attacking USA will just piss the US off and get them killed
attacking NZ/Aussie will kill people and show the world they're up to scratch. Don't act like its not a risk because it is. If Kim Jong Un isn't extremely dumb he would nuke Sydney/Melbourne/Auckland, anywhere else He'll bring different groups onto his country ensuring he can't do damage to the world which i beleive is his goal.
If i had the same goal as he does, i would nuke new zealand(Quick note: Im not a pshychopath, but if i had to pick the best target to nuke, new zealand would be it)
Why is Nz a prime target?
-Closer than USA
-Would Draw australian troops to help in new zealand delaying and oceanic attack on NK
-USA/NZ relations aren't amazing at the moment considering we are making free trade deals with china.
-3 Large cities, one already devastated by an earthquake which already needs fixing, one is very high density(Auckland) and one is our capital.
-7000 total troops assuming they hit auckland, that would not be enough.
-America most likely wouldn't consider us important enough to retaliate.
-UN and NATO would just put sanctions on NK, allowing them to launch again.
Cons:
-China/NK relations would get worse.
-Low possibility of drawing Russia into the war.

Not trying to be a hobo with a cardboard sign here, but if Kim Jong Un has and brains he would nuke us.
0 x
Cigarettes are just like HedgeHogs, perfectly harmless until you put them in your mouth and light them on fire.

ICRCC

Postby ICRCC » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:19 pm

So South Korea was the object a serious cyber attack yeasterday. I wonder who could have done that?
0 x

gracefromspace

Postby gracefromspace » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:34 pm

[quote="MarlPrepper"]... Don't act like its not a risk because it is. If Kim Jong Un isn't extremely dumb he would nuke Sydney/Melbourne/Auckland, anywhere else He'll bring different groups onto his country ensuring he can't do damage to the world which i beleive is his goal.
If i had the same goal as he does, i would nuke new zealand (Quick note: Im not a pshychopath, but if i had to pick the best target to nuke, new zealand would be it)

Absolutely Marlprepper, I don't personally think any country with nuclear weapons or capabilities of any description should be underestimated...especially one with such a power crazed military fixated leader. Every country has well kept secrets, it's a fact, so in reality nobody knows what is going on out of sight. We are talking about a man who ordered one of his own soldiers to be executed by missile for "not being sad enough" after the death of his father....in my mind, this is a psychopath with capabilities that are not taken seriously enough.
0 x

downunderpom

Postby downunderpom » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:58 am

ICRCC wrote:So South Korea was the object a serious cyber attack yeasterday. I wonder who could have done that?

Apparently it was China.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/digit ... yberattack

Or maybe NK using a hacked Chinese computer.....
0 x

ICRCC

Postby ICRCC » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:41 pm

The IP addresses were from china. Apparently NK steals Chinese IP addresses all the time for such purposes. Many of the spammers on this site do the same. Hey, maybe it's the North Korean government that spam the IPN? No, they only have a hate on for South Korea and the USA. I think we are safe. :lol:
0 x

Return to “General New Zealand Dicussions”