• Advertisement

North Korea and Nuclear Threats

Post general New Zealand discussions here.
sixin
New Zealand

North Korea and Nuclear Threats

Postby sixin » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:46 pm

What are peoples opinions on this threat? Also apparently North Korea has threatened NZ? or is that just the Media and News agencies looking to make news rather than report it?
0 x
SiXiN
Southern Kiwi Prepper

Cares

Re: North Korea and Nuclear Threats

Postby Cares » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:00 am

Hmmm...haven't heard of any threats to NZ, but if you were lucky they might hit us first ;)

Oh blast that would make us pretty unlucky! :o
0 x

gracefromspace

Postby gracefromspace » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:35 am

I've read a number of articles throughout this last week sixin, but have not yet found out if they are verified as being true. In saying that...who knows what the NK Madman will do from one minute to the next.
0 x

ICRCC

Postby ICRCC » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:31 am

Look on the bright side, if they pick on NZ maybe they will leave the US alone. After all they are only a small nuclear power. :twisted:
0 x

downunderpom

Postby downunderpom » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:14 am

They (NK) have only just managed to make a bang or three. So far they have no reliable delivery system, and if they did manage that, and then launch, the missiles would either fall down or be shot down. The chances of them actually hitting anyone, let alone NZ is (IMO) somewhere between 'slim' and 'anorexic'.

It's sabre rattling, pure and simple. The message is "Send Our Beloved large quantities of cake, or we shall destroy you all!" Once they get (yet another) handout of the despised Yankee Dollars they'll shut up for a while, until they spend it all. Again.
0 x

MrHappyNZ

Postby MrHappyNZ » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:26 pm

They tend to hand out threats like candy, I'd be more worried about getting killed by a falling dove than a NK nuke.

What I would worry about though, is NK throwing some mud over the fence at SK and it getting out of hand then. That, could easily happen at any point.
0 x

downunderpom

Postby downunderpom » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:58 am

MrHappyNZ wrote:They tend to hand out threats like candy, I'd be more worried about getting killed by a falling dove than a NK nuke.

What I would worry about though, is NK throwing some mud over the fence at SK and it getting out of hand then. That, could easily happen at any point.

Then NK ceases to exist. China won't do a thing about it, except maybe puff a little.
0 x

gracefromspace

Postby gracefromspace » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:27 pm

If there is one sure thing I have learned in my lifetime, it's to NEVER assume anything...
0 x

MrHappyNZ

Postby MrHappyNZ » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:28 pm

My thoughts exactly Grace.

China doesn't want a major US ally right on its doorstep, that's the prime reason they have support NK to such the extent they have. If US forces start rolling into NK, you can bet anything you like Chinese troops will be doing the exact same thing.
And how far it goes after that is anyones guess.
0 x

Return to “General New Zealand Dicussions”