• Advertisement

What are YOU prepping for???

Post general discussions here
Toypapsub

Re: What are YOU prepping for???

Postby Toypapsub » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:55 pm

Never anything specific! But we have always tried to keep supplies on hand in case of power outages and storms and such. We live in rural NB, Canada and both come from large families that grew up poor. Stockpiling or prepping come easy to us and we are very well versed at preserving our harvest and the bulk items we buy.
With the current up serge in unrest around the world we believe that we will start prepping on a more serious note! China moving ballistic missiles onto islands they made just to piss off the US. North Korea....need I say more. The Canadian dollar took a shit and left half the country unemployed. The Government(lol), wants to and is continuing to give away my tax dollars........ I could go on for some time but you get my drift.
So. We will take a good look at our situation and upgrade in areas as needed and hope it never is.
0 x

Matreshka

Postby Matreshka » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:58 pm

1.Ice storms (not safe to leave the house, happened 2 years back).
2.Neighbourhood/City-wide Power Outage due to weather
3. EMP
4. and 5. not sure, too many possibilities
0 x

HopeImReady
Canada

Postby HopeImReady » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:58 pm

1. Natural disaster (earthquake..Eastern Ontario is overdue for 7.0 magnitude one)
2. Ice storm
3. Power grid failure from EMP, CME or massive cyber attack
4. Pandemic
0 x
HopeImReady
"The thing about smart mother f*ckers, is that they sometimes sound like crazy mother f*ckers to dumb mother f*ckers." -Abraham .”

Antsy
Netherlands

Postby Antsy » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:03 pm

1. Old age / retirement
2. Job loss / disability / illness
3. Personal calamity
4. The perfect storm of Federal Liberals and Provincial NDP :shock:
0 x
Needs must when the devil drives.

Blacksheep
Canada

Postby Blacksheep » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:19 pm

Antsy wrote:1. Old age / retirement
2. Job loss / disability / illness
3. Personal calamity
4. The perfect storm of Federal Liberals and Provincial NDP :shock:

Finally someone with a realistic list .
0 x

John D'oh

Postby John D'oh » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:06 pm

1.) Zombies
2.) Alien Invasion
3.) Invasion by US troops or anti-Trump voters
4.) Major outbreak of airborn cooties
5.) Weaponized chipmunks

No, just kidding...

1.) Poverty
2.) Homlessness
3.) Prolonged illness
0 x

CanCricket
Canada

Postby CanCricket » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:02 pm

I guess, for me, the primary reasons are:

1. I live in an area where we are frequently reminded of the need to be prepared and keep 72 hours worth of supplies. We had a situation quite a while back where our tap water was undrinkable for over a week - the grocery stores were in chaos in the water aisles. That situation made me realise how quickly chaos will set in if something even more than the water being undrinkable for a week occurred.

2. I have a high stress job and sometimes need to take unpaid time off to de-stress and re-group. It's nice to know that if my cash flow decreases in this time, I have food on hand to save some money.

3. I think a part of me dreams of living a much simpler lifestyle with no technology and a return to nature. Realistically, I don't have the ability or finances to do that, so prepping allows me to.... kind of have that dream, in a way. Don't know if that one makes any sense!

4. I watch way too many disaster movies/TV shows and get a little too paranoid!
0 x

peppercorn

Postby peppercorn » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:22 pm

0 x
a puppet is free, so long as it likes its strings.

Esteldin

Postby Esteldin » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:19 pm

I am prepping for bankruptcy.
I live in Greece and i am afraid that we will leave EU soon and return to our currency.After the brexit many big companies in my country going bankrupt and with the problem of refugees..The prices and taxes are going to crazy numbers (for example the monthly salary is 600euros per month,a good salary and the electricity this month came 200euros.)
I am watching in the grocery stores people taking more pasta,flour,etc because they are afraid bankruptcy.
This month the goverment gave only the half retirement salary because they don't have to pay for more..and the people are sad and angry.
Also they are bringing 700 refugees in my city.I am living in a small city and we don't have police station,only 4 police man patrols the city and they are saying we don't have the people to guard the refugees but the goverment doesn't care.In north greece part of macedonia is the heavy industry and the fields for all Greece and they are bringing them here,so they are firing greek people from their jobs and hiring people from syria with the half salary to earn more profit.We already reached 75% uneployment with 9/10 closed factories,because they flew in Bulgaria for less taxes.
We have geostratigical problems with turkey.Every day we are watching in the news that they are tresspassing our boarders and we are trying to defend our nation.We already doing military excersices and preparing for war if it's nessecary.
I hope from all this,to end good because it's a dirty game.
0 x

dollyndrew
Canada

Postby dollyndrew » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:02 am

Esteldin wrote:I am prepping for bankruptcy.
I live in Greece and i am afraid that we will leave EU soon and return to our currency.After the brexit many big companies in my country going bankrupt and with the problem of refugees..The prices and taxes are going to crazy numbers (for example the monthly salary is 600euros per month,a good salary and the electricity this month came 200euros.)
I am watching in the grocery stores people taking more pasta,flour,etc because they are afraid bankruptcy.
This month the goverment gave only the half retirement salary because they don't have to pay for more..and the people are sad and angry.
Also they are bringing 700 refugees in my city.I am living in a small city and we don't have police station,only 4 police man patrols the city and they are saying we don't have the people to guard the refugees but the goverment doesn't care.In north greece part of macedonia is the heavy industry and the fields for all Greece and they are bringing them here,so they are firing greek people from their jobs and hiring people from syria with the half salary to earn more profit.We already reached 75% uneployment with 9/10 closed factories,because they flew in Bulgaria for less taxes.
We have geostratigical problems with turkey.Every day we are watching in the news that they are tresspassing our boarders and we are trying to defend our nation.We already doing military excersices and preparing for war if it's nessecary.
I hope from all this,to end good because it's a dirty game.

Wow - and we think we have it bad. My heart goes out to you Esteldin
0 x

Return to “General Discussions”