• Advertisement

mini bug out off road camper trailer for ATV quad

Post general discussions here
alpha1
Canada

mini bug out off road camper trailer for ATV quad

Postby alpha1 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:39 am

hello I am building a mini bug out off road camper trailer 4'x7' to hook-up to mi 750 king quad ATV from scratch and was wondering if any of you had built one.
I would like to know if anyone could tell me were i could buy parts like camper windows , door handles with locks, door seals, and other parts in the montreal area , I have started with the base frame 2''x 4'' steel tubing and working mi way up with 1'' x 1'' steel tubing for the structure and roof will finish with 1/2 marine plywood uratane paint and fetid with an independent suspension. sleep two with all the gear needed as like food, water, medical, weapons, communications, solar, fuel, stove, lights and gear, and more , enough for two weeks time not to mention the gear on the ATV, if you have built one or have the tough of building one please join in any idea will be welcome thanks Mike
0 x

farmgal
Canada

Re: mini bug out off road camper trailer for ATV quad

Postby farmgal » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:49 pm

I have seen something like what you are talking about in the artic but no idea how they built it, best of luck on it
0 x
http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

Lewis
Canada

Postby Lewis » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:48 pm

Check out Pintrest for idea on building your rig. Tons of stuff there. Might even find some plans for something like what your after.

As far as parts go any rv dealer should be able to get what you want, if your looking for used/cheap then I'm no help, aside from find a cheap old junk camper on Kijiji or something and salvage what you can..
0 x

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Postby Denob » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:23 pm

As Lewis mentioned, try Kijiji. Often someone will have a small travel trailer for sale dirt cheap that you can use for parts like windows, door handles, vents, and electrical stuff like 12volt lights, 120volt to 12volt DC converters, propane appliances and lines, matresses, fold up tables, fresh water reservoir, water pump, you name it. There will also usually be a battery charger too.
I just checked my local Kijiji for Giggles and S&!ts and found one right away for $250.
0 x

Lewis
Canada

Postby Lewis » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:49 pm

Another good place to look would be estate sales and auctions. Never know what your going to find at these. Yesterday I scooped 2 major components for my next project. An expedition style bug out trailer. Very similar to your plans, but to pull with a truck rather than atv.

I'm using a set of service boxes off an old 1 ton work pickup for the trailer, and mounting a pop up camper on top.

Scooped the truck with boxes for 350.00 and a an old pop up that needs minor repair for 200.00
0 x

alpha1
Canada

Postby alpha1 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:52 am

WELL GUYS MUCH THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION ITS REALLY APPRECIATED AND I HAVE FOUND WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR WITH YOUR HELP,, HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL ON SATURDAY MEET & GREET THANKS AGAIN MIKE
0 x

alpha1
Canada

Postby alpha1 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:00 pm

well just acquired a 4 x 8 trailer in very god shape new tire and rims lights and more the build will start soon , i will post the pics as i start the build and progress .
we have seen mini camper trailers they start stock at $ 8895.00 for the purpose of a bug out camper. that means heavy suspension , off road tires, hard skin, plated under belly and you have to modifie the rest as you see fit for you it dont make sence so give or take about $12000.00 for something decent .
i have calculated about $ 1500.00 for mi build with all the trimmings, gear, food - water and necessities for two people witch makes more sence,
the good thing is that if you build your own you can prep it the way you want but dont forget the length with and weight use common sence .
as for parts well i say thanks again guys for the help and info i will keep you updated on mi project .. it might give you the int to build one your self LOL
thanks again Mike .. :mrgreen:
0 x

helicopilot
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby helicopilot » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:19 am

alpha1 wrote:well just acquired a 4 x 8 trailer in very god shape new tire and rims lights and more the build will start soon , i will post the pics as i start the build and progress .
we have seen mini camper trailers they start stock at $ 8895.00 for the purpose of a bug out camper. that means heavy suspension , off road tires, hard skin, plated under belly and you have to modifie the rest as you see fit for you it dont make sence so give or take about $12000.00 for something decent .
i have calculated about $ 1500.00 for mi build with all the trimmings, gear, food - water and necessities for two people witch makes more sence,
the good thing is that if you build your own you can prep it the way you want but dont forget the length with and weight use common sence .
as for parts well i say thanks again guys for the help and info i will keep you updated on mi project .. it might give you the int to build one your self LOL
thanks again Mike .. :mrgreen:

Looking forward to seeing your pictures!
0 x

Return to “General Discussions”