• Advertisement

Fall Arrest Harness

Post general discussions here
Lewis
Canada

Fall Arrest Harness

Postby Lewis » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:07 am

Hey all, I was cleaning out my garage today sorting through some things that could be added to or re-engineered and added to my gear when I came across a few old fall arrest harnesses.

I use these full body harnesses for ice fishing, to pull my smaller portable ice hut on foot when the ice is still a little thin. years ago I found pulling it by hand with a rope was a pain, and the harness not only spreads the load evenly, you get to walk comfortably, and hands free.

With one of these harnesses on you could pull pretty much anything, with a far greater force than you ever would by hand, whether were talking a loaded wagon, a large tote on a cart, a big log, a couple guys could pull a small car if need be.. and as a bonus, they can pack up small enough to fit in a large freezer bag.

The real beauty of these (for our purposes) is the price tag. These harnesses have a life span when being used as intended by a company on a job site. Employers are forced to keep equipment up to date, this means, expired harnesses could be found cheap to free if you know someone willing to hand off some old ones.

I plan on tossing a couple into my gear cache, just a thought for the rest of you.
1 x

sdb12
Canada

Re: Fall Arrest Harness

Postby sdb12 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:07 pm

Lewis,

I've stumbled across these at Princess Auto in the past, but they didn't seem robust. Any suggestions buying them at retail in our area?

Cheers,
SDB12
0 x

Dangphool
Canada

Postby Dangphool » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:03 am

Do you have an Acklands Granger?
0 x

sdb12
Canada

Postby sdb12 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:22 am

Dangphool wrote:Do you have an Acklands Granger?

Yes indeed. Never heard of them before but there's one nearby. Will check them out.

Thanks!!
0 x

thecrownsown
Topic Leader
Canada

Postby thecrownsown » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:57 pm

If you have any construction rental companies locally like United Rentals, Battlefield, CRS, Stephenson, etc. they typically sell them also. Shop around, someone is always having a sail. And for the price of harness's...you want to shop around. :) Acklands Granger has a good range of products.
0 x
Are you on Blackberry Messenger Channels?

Check out: Emergency Preparedness C00219488

Hogey

Postby Hogey » Sun May 08, 2016 7:53 pm

Acklands has a good range of products but Most items are usually more expensive from them, Though that doesn't hurt for a reference to find a good quality item and then search for the same item cheaper somewhere.
0 x

RapidSurvival
Canada

Postby RapidSurvival » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:31 pm

If you guys are still looking, let me know. I have access to an industrial supplier and get get fall arrest harnesses in no problem. Along with all kinds of other industrial things.
0 x
Eric Pinkerton- Owner of Rapid Survival
72 Hour Survival Kits
Emergency Preparedness Equipment
http://www.rapidsurvival.com

Return to “General Discussions”